UK resident booking through Irish call centre

Started by minnieme, January 03, 2015, 09:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minnieme

Hi,

Sorry if I am repeating a previously asked question, but I wanted to check.

Can I book and get the price on the Irish website by calling the Irish call centre, even though I live in the UK?

There is a HUGE difference in price.

Will it matter that I am based in the Uk?

Thanks in advance

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

msRavenswood

You can take advantage of any offer on any Disneyland site no matter where you live. We live in Greece and booked our September trip through the UK site with no problems at all.  :D

minnieme

That is exactly the reply I was hoping for.

Thank you very much.

stifle

They'll probably charge you in Euro though so do factor in the percentage charge from your bank.

Uragano Tati

I often book the Irish offer too! I am Italian and I call the Italian call center (it's an italian phone number so works out much cheaper than calling an Irish number) and ask for the Irish offer. Never had a problem with that!
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

Mrsya

I was told by the live chat advisor that you can call your national call centre and ask for a 'crossover offer'. Something to do with European consumer law but I think pp is right about paying in euros... I hope not as bank does then charge you a percentage for currency exchange...

minnieme

I have now booked the Irish website offer via the call centre. You need to pay in full when you book but saved a lot of money.

It was quoted in Euros, but I can't see a charge from my bank.

stifle

It does depend on your bank; a few such as Metro Bank don't charge anything for European transactions whilst others such as Halifax and Lloyds have no charges on certain cards in their range.

sarahh83

First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

plzsm

The dining plan plus option is more expensive on the Irish site but all other options are cheaper, strange?

minnieme

The week I looked at on the UK site was cheaper on the Irish site because when I checked both brochures and price grids, that week was in a different price band making it cheaper.

That doesn't seem to be the case on any other weeks.