Crush's Coaster Question

Started by Euro1989, December 10, 2014, 10:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Euro1989

Hi all,

I go back to DLP in a few weeks time (12th Jan) and I really want to go on Crush's Coaster, but it is not a ride that my partner will go on. I am desperate to experience it for the first time but I don't want to waste time seperated waiting in the huge que while he stands alone outside. Does the ride have fastpass and/or single rider to make my life a little easier?

Infact is there a list somwere that details all the rides that have fast pass and/or single rider so I can plan ahead a bit better?

Thanks! This forum is invaluable to plan before going to DLP!!!  ;D
Disneyland Paris - 1997
Walt Disney World - 2009
Disneyland Paris - 2010
Disneyland Paris - 2013
Walt Disney World - 2013
Disneyland Paris - 2015
Walt Disney World - 2016
Disneyland Paris - 2016
Upcoming DLP - January 2017

msRavenswood

There is a single rider queue for Crush's Coaster, it saved us from a lot of trouble during our last visit in September.

If you go to the official Disneyland Paris site you can see which attractions offer the Fastpass option, but unfortunately you can't see which ones offer a single rider queue as well.

Euro1989

Quote from: msRavenswood on December 11, 2014, 09:48:57 AM
There is a single rider queue for Crush's Coaster, it saved us from a lot of trouble during our last visit in September.

If you go to the official Disneyland Paris site you can see which attractions offer the Fastpass option, but unfortunately you can't see which ones offer a single rider queue as well.

Ahhh thats great thanks, I will certainly be taking the single rider option for Crush's Coaster then!

I will pop over and have a little look over the fastpass rides, at least thats half the information I need. When I will go I will have a little look round and the attractions that have fastpass and not single rider will be the ones I will get the fast pass for.

Disneyland Paris - 1997
Walt Disney World - 2009
Disneyland Paris - 2010
Disneyland Paris - 2013
Walt Disney World - 2013
Disneyland Paris - 2015
Walt Disney World - 2016
Disneyland Paris - 2016
Upcoming DLP - January 2017

sven

The list of single rider lines is quite short:
Crush
Parachute Drop
RC Racer
Ratatouille

Parachute Drop and Ratatouille work really well because of the 3 seats per row, RC is not always a good idea. I didn't use Crushs SRL.

mikkelnl

Sorry for the bump on this topic, but since I am staying in Disneyland right now, I have a question...

Been here for 2 days now, one more to go, but haven't seen anything less then 60 minutes (with tops of 100 minutes) on Crush, even the single rider line is minimum 60 minutes... This is just to much for my son,so  we'll have to skip this ride...

Any tips on maybe a specific day or time where it's not busy? Tried beginning and end of the day, both impossible unless you're teh first to arrive.

littlebitofpixiedust

Frustrating concerning crush always long que my suggestion would be to run for it first thing that's what I did. We go 3 times a year and have never seen a que under 50 minutes and above apart from of peak end of Sept the park was dead and think it was always 25-35 minutes its a slow through put ride. Wait times always long, its fantastic though! Hope you get a turn  ;)

stifle

The basic problem with Crush's Coaster is capacity. Each shell fits four guests, and there can be at most four shells going around at any point in time to keep enough distance between consecutive shells. The CMs use the SRL to the best extent possible but ultimately Maurer S-Coasters just don't have a good throughout and short of a disability card the only thing to do is be there at the gates first thing in the morning.

AmyT14

I see a lot of people mention this ride - what's so special about it?

Just curious as we go in 6 weeks, my husband, our 3 children (aged 9, 4 and 2) and I'm trying to plan as much as possible as want to make the most out of our time there for everyone so trying to decide which rides to make a priority - am I right in thinking it's older children only? 

stifle

I personally think it's over-rated. But the spinning vehicles are an attraction for people.

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: AmyT14 on May 07, 2015, 03:21:08 PM

Just curious as we go in 6 weeks, my husband, our 3 children (aged 9, 4 and 2) and I'm trying to plan as much as possible as want to make the most out of our time there for everyone so trying to decide which rides to make a priority - am I right in thinking it's older children only?

Yes definatley for older children my son is 6 and I know he'd freak... I personally love it I have ridden it a good few times wouldn't que an hour plus for it though. But anyone that's a first timer and hasn't tried it I'd recommend it it's really fun I love the theming and it's a different ride if you ride in forward facing or back  :)

I think what makes it special for many, is its a family coaster much like BTM but obviously through put is a lot slower for crush hence the que. I have read many parents had taken children on this as it seems to look for younger children and they hated it. A lot of it is very dark and the spinning (wich I love) is quite intense for a child I think unless they're into fast rides. It doesn't go upside down but as I say a little extreme for kids. In saying that it terrified my mum and nan they really hated it!

LotsoHugginBear

I have never seen so many crying children after leaving an Disney (!!!) attraction as on Crush Coaster.
It is dark inside and so turns are really sharp!

HildeKitten

Disneyland Paris is really good with non-rider exists, so maybe your partner can just queue with you and then leave via the non-rider exit.
I'm not allowed on anything but Thunder due to health reasons (I tried Crush once and whilst I thought it was an awesome ride, I'd never go in again because it messes me up so badly), but I've queued with friends and left via the non rider exit for every rollercoaster bar Crush and RC racer (because the rest didn't want to do the queues or didn't feel like going on). Generally it's right at the end of the queue, so you won't be separated long at all :)
I can't imagine Crush won't have the same non rider option as the others do.
(I prefer not to use the term "chicken exit" because not everyone leaving via the non riders is actually chicken ^^)

So maybe that's a sollution for you guys so you don't have to separate for long and you can still ride Crush :)

stifle

There is a non rider exit from the single rider line but not the normal line at Crush's Coaster as far as I'm aware.

amanda08

Yes, you can just step over the cars from the normal line if you want to  - I have done this before x

And the only way to really ride Crush without a big wait is to make sure you are at the studio gates by about 9.20am. They tend to open them around 9.30am. Then one or all of you run to the Crush line. We always do this and are normally on and off by 10.10 :)

AmyT14

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on May 07, 2015, 10:26:54 PM
Quote from: AmyT14 on May 07, 2015, 03:21:08 PM

Yes definatley for older children my son is 6 and I know he'd freak... I personally love it I have ridden it a good few times wouldn't que an hour plus for it though. But anyone that's a first timer and hasn't tried it I'd recommend it it's really fun I love the theming and it's a different ride if you ride in forward facing or back  :)

I think what makes it special for many, is its a family coaster much like BTM but obviously through put is a lot slower for crush hence the que. I have read many parents had taken children on this as it seems to look for younger children and they hated it. A lot of it is very dark and the spinning (wich I love) is quite intense for a child I think unless they're into fast rides. It doesn't go upside down but as I say a little extreme for kids. In saying that it terrified my mum and nan they really hated it!

Thanks for this - that's good to know, I HATE spinning rides as does my eldest daughter so I think we'll give this one a miss!!