Auberge de Cendrillon

Started by belle, March 31, 2007, 10:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

Thanks Patmagic.
I still dont think they are making things clear enough that the vouchers can only be used at certain times of the day.
Eating lunch at the Lucky Nugget at lunch time wont be a problem, we'll just get something light in the evening.
Like I said they needed to have thought this through better, cos they are going to end up with some REAL disgruntled customers.
Maybe they need to do a mock three day itinerary as an example :?:
You know
Day one Tea at the steakhouse
Day two Lunch at Lucky Nugget.....

But L'Auberge wont be on there.
Shame they got rid of the buffet... :cry:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

speedpacket

Personally I don'tr understand what all this fuzz is about?
So you buy half board meal vouchers for 20 something euro, and you are all mad at Disney becauseyou can't get a 48 euro menu?

Some things I'll never understand...
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Suzy

Quote from: "speedpacket"Personally I don'tr understand what all this fuzz is about?
So you buy half board meal vouchers for 20 something euro, and you are all mad at Disney becauseyou can't get a 48 euro menu?

Some things I'll never understand...

Well, I'm not happy because when I bought the vouchers that restaurant was on the list as being one we could eat at, using the vouchers.  There's only 14 altogether, so that's one off the list already.  I just think they should be more organised that's all.   :(

tubbsy

I'm not mad, but Im lucky, I havent booked my holiday yet.

I was a bit miffed cos i thought we might be able to dine at L'Auberge. I'm not overly interested in the menu. I would have preferred the buffet and I think this is where this thread started.

I'll just eat somewhere else.

BUT people have bought the vouches cos they thought that they could eat in a certain restaurant with the princesses for a certain price. Its a small mistake thats annoyed some people

Ah well, its a real shame

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

speedpacket

Quote from: "tubbsy"I'm not mad, but Im lucky, I havent booked my holiday yet.

I was a bit miffed cos i thought we might be able to dine at L'Auberge. I'm not overly interested in the menu. I would have preferred the buffet and I think this is where this thread started.

I'll just eat somewhere else.

BUT people have bought the vouches cos they thought that they could eat in a certain restaurant with the princesses for a certain price. Its a small mistake thats annoyed some people

Ah well, its a real shame
I don't people realised that the menu was changed, and that they bought the vouchers because they wantd to eat there with them - I mean - it hasonly recently changed, and as suggested above, they probably need to update the info still...

I'm sure that if you insist you will get a menu there for one voucher, but not what you would get when paying the 48 EUR.

By the way - is it just me or is 48.00 EUR REALLY heap for what you get, considering this is INCLUDING al beverages and a cocktail for starters...

I'm not aiming this to you personally, but in my business experience, it seems to becoming more and more common that customers think they truly are a king and can even determine what they are paying...  there is an offer, and you either like it or go to the competition.

Of course, I can understand people's frustration, but please be honest - this is a simple mistake, and quite logic that you can't have such a menu for 20 something euro :)

Be happy you can go to Disney again :) :)
I was there on April 12th, ad it was great - going back tomorrow :) :) :) :) :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

tubbsy

Like you said Speedpacket, the 48 Euros not so bad for a meal like that. Inm fact its really good. Its just certain members of my family (DH!) wouldnt eat that sort of fare. So we have decided to go to inventions. We cant use the vouchers there either, but I'm prepared-having worked it into our budget now-and we'll see other characters instead of the princesses.

Its a new system, Give DLRP time, it will be good, its such a shame they made the restaurant list for half board plus, then changed the menu, costing people money. A bit of a mistake me thinks. Trading standards and all that-publish one thing then say another...

:-k And like you said maybe those who have bought the vouchers specifically to eat at L'Auberge should make that point loud and clear and see what happens.

This is what I learnt in when I was training in customer services-The customer is always right.-It's what we said in the stock room after they had gone that counted!!

And as for going to Disney
 :D/ The more often the better please! :D/

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Angela

I always learned that the customer is king... and I really do think that if Disney advertises with the fact that this is one of the restaurants you can eat with halfboard plus (cause it is not available with halfboard option) you should eat there for that voucher!
They have listed restaurants either where you can eat with the voucher and you have to pay for the extra costs, so it would be more fair to put lauberge de cendrilon in that list.
Not make people excited and then sad... it really is not good advertising! a big company should understand that.
People do not care very much about the food I think, they just wanna dine with the princesses.... even if they had gotten a burger and a soda :)
But we learn young children already to do as they promiss

tubbsy

Luckily DD is not bothered about seeing the princesses. She has agreed we wont eat at L'Auberge.

Hope all you guys who bought Half Board plus to see the princesses get something sorted. It must be really frustrating.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Angela

I am not going to eat there but go to the Lucky Nugget Saloon instead! There I take a lunch on the last day I am there since the bus will leave about 15.30 so I only have to buy a sandwich on the way home.

tubbsy

Very interesting-rang Disney direct as I had a real dodgy time with travel agent (but thats another story!) When I mentioned Half board plus, the v nice young man mentioned that L'Auberge is no longer included. Obviously the message is getting through!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

euro disney stefan

Hi everybody.

It is true that the "DINE WITH THE PRINCESSES" theme is brand new and not featured in any brochures as it was a last minute additon.

I need to say that I am very happy about this new product, as I hate buffet service restaurants. I prefer to pay a little bit more and being served correctly. The buffet at the Auberge de Cenrillon was horrible and the restaurant lost some of its elegance for me.

WHAT DO YOU GET FOR 48,- EUROS?
1) A great menu (you would pay around 30,- for the same at Walt's or Blue Lagoon without any drinks)
2) drinks are included - you get a cocktail, wine or water for the adults and soda for the children - plus coffee for the adults. I think you would end up at 40,- Euros in other Restaurants for your food and drinks
3) A unique opportunity to meet the Disney Princesses. There is a Disney photographer around --- AND TAKE YOUR PICTURE OF CINDERELLA AND YOU IN FRONT OF HER CARRIAGE --- is 8,- Euros too much for that?

So please see "DINE WITH THE PRINCESSES" as a special treat for your children or a very special event during your stay at Disneyland Resort Paris. You are not going every day to dine with a Disney princess!!!

tubbsy

Ah, but what happens if your little princess wont eat whats on the menu?  It's not so much my little princess actually, its more her royal father! :lol:

I have tried to work out whats on the menu so that my fussy aters can make a clearer decision. Tried to look at the photo of the menu, but I couldnt work it out. I'd apprecite any help please on that front.

I may have to go on my own and send my lot off somewhere else to eat, just so that I can enjoy the atmosphere, the food and the chance to get close to the princesses. :lol:

Its great that someone came up with the idea to have the Princess dining though. I think it will be very popular

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

tubbsy

Gonna open this old nut again.

Heard from a friend yesterday who spent about £120 to take her daughters to see the Princesses and none of the family were overly impressed with the menu. In fact her little girl only ate the dessert.
She had no complaints about the atmosphere and the interaction of the princesses, she just thought that £120 for food that nobody really wanted to eat was a Hell of a lot of money to pay. The place was virutuall empty and she spoke to a family with a little Princess that was dying to go, but they were put off my the fact the food was very limited and their children wouldnt eat it.

Something like-brilliant idea-maybe rethink/add to the menu?

Anybody else heard good or bad things about the new menu?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

tubbsy

Cor! Been trying to find stuff about Auberge-and found this old nut! :roll:  :lol:
I am picking up snippets about the menu-but really hoping if anyone has any idea whats on it?
Looked at DLRP Review. I'm getting hints about whats on it. tried to look at old threads and getting confused (doesnt take much!)
We have premium package this time so are covered for Auberge  :D
DD pretty much pleaded with DH to go to see the princesses (thank goodness cos I want to go! She shook with excitement when he said yes! She's nearly 16 and there is a chance this is her last family holiday  :(  )
So please. Anyone know whats on the menu? Will hubby be going to McDonalds to fill up afterwards? :roll:  :lol:

edit-cos I need to look a bit more before posting-looked in introduce yourself before popping off to get on with my day and found the useful link never2old had provided! So thanks for that!
http://magicalkingdoms.com/dlp/menus/auberge.html
And the answer is hubby will eat the rack of lamb! :D/  :D/  :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

toritinker

Thanks for that link Tubbsy - I too have been looking for Auberge details! (we are celebrating my 23rd birthday here woo!) the menu looks yummy!!! :)
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010