Auberge de Cendrillon

Started by belle, March 31, 2007, 10:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suzy

Quote from: "Angela"I had just contacted the travel agency and made my halfboard option a half board plus option so I can eat among the princesses and the mice :) :)
The only thing I still do not understand is why they advertise with the meal plans and say it is 15% cheaper and than they are 50% cheaper. I only pay 24 euro for the half board plus option and not 48 euro like the menu says.

I've booked the half board plus, even though I'm not entirely sure how it works, and like you, I think it does seem to be too good to be true at some restaurants.  When I booked (direct with DLP) I asked if we had to choose from set menus, and was told no.  Surely that can't be right at this restaurant??  As you say, it's a huge saving.

When are you going?  I'm not going until 15th July so I guess we'll have to wait for someone to go and report back.   :)

Simi-Maus

We booked the halfboard option, too. :D
I also wonder, if it is possible to have a character diner at Lucky Nugget with the vouchers? :?
We are going at the beginning of june.
I hope, that someone is going earlier and can report something about it
that makes it clearer.
Otherwise I can tell you on the 10th of june... :D
Simi

Suzy

Quote from: "Simi-Maus"Otherwise I can tell you on the 10th of june... :D

Well, that's before I go, so it's great for me.  :D

Angela

I am going to first of July till the 6th of July so I just come back before you go... At the travel agency they did not know anything about it (but well that was no suprise for me since I have told them several things before). I read somewhere on the forum you can have the diner in the lucky nugget saloon with the vouchers. I still haven't heard anyone telling me it can be done in the auberge de cendrilon to. So I am keeping my ears open and I geuss I will be waiting also till the 10th of June...  :wink:

tubbsy

Penfold Wrote
QuoteWe were there two weeks ago, and used the half board plus.

We dined at The Staek House, where it was a seperate menu, made up fo items off the main menu, but limited to a choice of 3 starter, 3 main and 3 dessert.

Next Day we dined at Beaver Creek, this was a 3 course buffet so it was eat as much as you like.

The final day we dined in the Lucky Nugget, and used the vouchers. This was a buffett, with the characters.

in
viewtopic.php?t=1824&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Looks like Penfold had a meal on half board with characters. I'm hoping we get to do it in October.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Suzy

Quote from: "Angela"I still haven't heard anyone telling me it can be done in the auberge de cendrilon to. So I am keeping my ears open and I geuss I will be waiting also till the 10th of June...  :wink:

The Auberge is one of the restaurants that is quoted by Disney themselves as being one of the 14 restaurants you can eat in.  That's why I was surprised, as it's rather expensive.  It says for the Blue Lagoon that you have to use the vouchers at face value (and pay the balance presumably).  Maybe the Auberge is Disney's little gift to us?

Knowing my luck they'll swap Auberge for a different restaurant before I go!   :lol:

pjulie75

I have just phoned Reservations and you actually have to use 2 of your vouchers for this meal.  This means you would have a night without a meal prepaid for if you went to Auberge de Cendrillon.  It doesn't say that online - a bit misleading.  She did say that you can go to Lucky Nugget with Characters for 1 voucher and the last sitting for both is 3.30pm.  Hope this helps. :minnie:

Suzy

Quote from: "pjulie75"I have just phoned Reservations and you actually have to use 2 of your vouchers for this meal.  This means you would have a night without a meal prepaid for if you went to Auberge de Cendrillon.  It doesn't say that online - a bit misleading.  She did say that you can go to Lucky Nugget with Characters for 1 voucher and the last sitting for both is 3.30pm.  Hope this helps. :minnie:

Thanks, that explains a lot although I'm a bit miffed because it is very misleading.  I probably wouldn't have bought them had I known that.  Ah well....

Angela

Well I sure do not think that is very fair anyway but I thought there must be some kind of catch.
But what can you do about it? not eat there perhaps? lol...
No I think it really is misleading and I would have emailed Disney if I did not already know the only thing I get back is the standard repley that they're busy  :?

tubbsy

This doesnt make any sense at all! Why pay extra for the half board plus, then have to use two nights tickets? Can you use one set of tickets and pay the difference?

I dont know whether to bother with the half board if they are going to do this! :evil: Or I may not bother with L'Auberge at all. DD will be thirteen and past seeing the princesses

I will say though, I am getting really confused by all the info about half board, the more I think I've got it straight, there is more info contradicting it

There is a board already open to talk about half board meals though-we may be reminded politey we're taking this off track as its about the menu and not half board meals if you see what I mean.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

pjulie75

I explained that I had just purchased the Half Board Plus package and she insisted I needed to use 2 tickets as the menu in the restaurant had just changed and it was more expensive.  She didn't mention anything about paying the difference.    I am a bit disappointed too as I only book the meal plan for the Cinderella restaurant, we were going to take advantage and go twice - typical!

tubbsy

Pjulie-that must be so frustrating! :evil:

I think they should remove L'Auberge from the list then and up date the details on the web site and brocuhures. Not clear thinking on their behalf me thinks

I think what we might do is actually go to Inventions restaurant and pay the difference. Simply because having looked at the menu I dont think my mob will eat a lot of it and because its suddenly working out very expensive.

Nala wrote
QuoteAnd this is it now - forever?? For 48 Euros? Or will there also be the old menue after the celebration?! I'm really getting angry about this
Nw I understand why Nalas ticked off with this!

Ah well, Inventions or Walts..... I'll start a new thread to find out which people prefer!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Simi-Maus

Quote from: "pjulie75"I have just phoned Reservations and you actually have to use 2 of your vouchers for this meal.  This means you would have a night without a meal prepaid for if you went to Auberge de Cendrillon.  It doesn't say that online - a bit misleading.  She did say that you can go to Lucky Nugget with Characters for 1 voucher and the last sitting for both is 3.30pm.  Hope this helps. :minnie:

Sorry, my english is not so good...
Does this mean that we can´t eat with the halfboard vouchers at Lucky Nuggets at (for example) 6pm? :?
Simi

pjulie75

The girl said it is only lunch and last reservation would be 3.30pm.

Patrick

I don't know anything about the half board stuff, I usually just eat when I want and where I want.  But the restaurant did just suddenly change and no doubt, the website probably has not been updated since the menu changed.  The website probably talks about auburge as the buffet it used to have before 31st March.  No doubt this is the reason for the sudden change with the vouchers, since the menu is rather a lot more expensive than the 22€ menu it used to have while it was a buffet.