Removing McDonalds from the resort...

Started by Kristof, March 30, 2007, 12:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

McDonalds is no longer an official DLRP partner, as you all probably know.

The first signs of removing McDonald's from the parks started with changing the Disneyland Railroad spiel and by removing the logo's from attractions, as can be seen in Frontierland:

Before

After

How ever I'd like to point out that there are currently no plans of removing the actual McDonald's restaurant at Disney Village.

Riebi

Is a new sponsor in sight?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"McDonalds is no longer an official DLRP partner, as you all probably know.

Ow? How so?  :?

I never understood why McDonalds had to sponsor an attraction like the Disneyland Railroad. I'm not against sponsors as long as the sponsors have an actual connection with the attraction. Renault did fit quite well at Le Visionarium with the Reinstella, France Telecom has a connection with It's A Small World, and even IBM was a right fit at Star Tours.

When you think of it, McDonalds, Disney and Coca-Cola were always a triangle of Americanism. Why is McDonalds leaving the Resort? I really think it isn't a smart move to make (from a McDonalds point of view). But well, maybe its a smart move from Disney, considering the new healthy food programme. As long as the McDonalds restaurant will stay at Disney Village like you said Raptor, I'm fine with it.  :wink:

smurfy74

I expect they thought they were busy enough without the sponsorship, evertime we go to the village McDonals is packed - personally i prefer cafe mickey but if youre on a budget then its great

needmagic

Greetins from in-side the magic...

there was a mcdonalds back stage for the castmembers many years ago but was closed due to castmembers taking food into the parc and guests asking where did you get that from thats why castmembers no longer can pickic in the parc...

its funny how things change over time..

on main street there is casy i remember them selling sluggers its a base ball bate but filled with coke no more fun now just a plastick cup..miss the little touches that was then..

also cafe mickey is not disney its just the name ..
Living The Dream Making The Magic

Kristof

QuoteOw? How so?

New company food policy!  McDonald's is no longer welcome at the US parks either.  Bob Iger has requested that this policy would apply to all other Disney brands all over the world.

Masamune

:shock: For a minute there I was worried. :lol: We almost always leave the Park when we're hungry so we can grab something to eat at the McDonald's in The Disney Village. McDonald's food is always decent, and the price isn't too bad either.

Nala_84

I'm glad that Mc Donalds now disappears  :lol:

They never had a veggie burger (as they once had in Germany) and the Disney restaurants are much more beautiful :)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

fly_with_me_dumbo

anetes diner is the one for me, if i've spelt that right :oops:

Samninetysix

I personally wouldn't mind losing McD's in the village, the food has always been pap in there whenever we've been in

-breeno-

I can't see Mc Donalds leaving the village, every time  i go  to it its always full, alot of money would be lost if it left.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

speedpacket

Quote from: "Masamune" McDonald's food is always decent, and the price isn't too bad either.
Are you serious?
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

smurfy74

McDonalds isnt bad for the price and you know what youre getting, not a gastronaomic delight but sustinance

princess_tigerlily86

I really wouldnt be bothered by McD's leaving the village, as I've only ever visited it once and that was simply because we were early to check into the hotel so we needed to grab a bite to eat quickly. I'd quite like to see it go to be honest!
xxx
Hotel Cheyenne 95, 97, 99, 01, 03
Hotel outside of Paris 02, 04
Sequoia Lodge 04
Hotel New York 05

Kristof

To be honest, I only care for the McFlurry's on a hot summer day :wink: