Pre trip report November 12th to 16th 2014

Started by PrincessKirsty, November 09, 2014, 03:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessKirsty

Hi everyone! well some friends and I are going to Disney on Wednesday and i am going to do a report of it. i will be v logging my trip too which will be on YT.  so here we go:

Who is going:Kirsty i am 27 years young and this will be my 2nd trip to DLP. i went last year inbetween halloween and Christmas and i vowed i would return for a holiday season. i am so excited!!! been to Disneyland in California as well this year so full of Disney love!
Jo - he is 18 and this will be his very first trip to a disney park! he loves toystory so am sure he will love the studios! KT is 24 and she is a big Dis-nerd like myself. she is desperate to meet Jack in his Sandy Claws outfit. Emma is 22 and KT's sister. Again she is a big Disney fan. her and KT have been to DLP a lot from when they were little. she  loves all Pixar things!

Hotel: Santa Fe for the whole 4 nights. I am staying in London with KT and Emma the night before we go as I live very far away and they live somewhere on the Picadilly tube line

Game plan: we dont really have one except to have a good time. we would like to eat at Inventions on our last night if we can get a reservation and also do Cafe Mickey for breakfast on our 1st full day. also we just have to meet Merida and Jack so those are our must do's this trip. it would be nice to meet Anna and Elsa but we know the queue will be massive so if we dont get to do it we won't cry about it. also i really want to catch Christmas Dreams and the parades and promenades if possible!  so excited, just 3 days to go!!!

Uragano Tati

April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

pialykke

Almost same time as us - we go Thurs-Mon, also at the Santa Fe. :) Party consisting of me, hubby, two blonde (as in white...) haired sons of 6 (7 on Sunday) and 8, plus my mum and sister.
We have a game plan, but too long to post here - I did a pre-trip report in "detail" too, so have a look at that if you like. :)
Maybe I'll see you around next weekend. :)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

PrincessKirsty

Quote from: pialykke on November 09, 2014, 06:20:14 PM
Almost same time as us - we go Thurs-Mon, also at the Santa Fe. :) Party consisting of me, hubby, two blonde (as in white...) haired sons of 6 (7 on Sunday) and 8, plus my mum and sister.
We have a game plan, but too long to post here - I did a pre-trip report in "detail" too, so have a look at that if you like. :)
Maybe I'll see you around next weekend. :)
yeh might see you there! i will be wearing a Thumper hoodie if that helps haha!

PrincessKirsty

sorry guys, I am so bad at writing reports! I am on doing a vlog which is ongoing on youtube so just look for it there if you like. my username is KirstyBeckwith.

Anyway ...
SO after a very uneventful ride on the Eurostar my three friends and I arrived in Disneyland just before 2. we checked into the Santa Fe hotel, madebreakfast reservations at Cafe Mickey for the next day and then headed straight for the Studios! was expecting it to be so busy but actually it was really, really quiet. We were able to do Tower of Terror as a walk on and for Jo it was his first time on the ride. I was so glad I did not sit right next to him, as he screamed the loudest out of everyone in that lift! That done we then went across to the Spiderman meet and greet. the wait was like 20 minutes and it was awesome. I took video and photos whilst my friends chatted to him at first and then when I went round to say hi, he literally grabbed hold of me and picked me up in his arms! OMG!!!! couldnt believe that happened, it was so cool. he was really nice and we all loved it!
Next was Rock n Roller which had a 5 minute wait! that was amazing, even better than when I rode it last year!  we came out of that and saw Emile and Remy meeting so we waited for that after everyone else was pushing in front of us!
We walked over to the Ratatouille area but the ride had a ridiculous wait time so we decided to attempt it another day. we headed onto Toy Story land and Jo, KT and Emma all went on RC Racer. I decided to sit this ride out as it scares me and deffo not my favourite! also did the army men lift ride thing and that was nice and gentle and fun!

Next was Aladdin's magic carpets. Jo and Emma took a carpet opposite to KT and I and throughout the whole ride all we could hear was Jo singing 'A whole new world' This would be a theme throughout the whole trip! We had a wander through the shop in the studio building but I was determined to save my money for the end of the trip! After much perusing it was getting close to the Studios closing time and it was dark so we decided to head on over to the main park!

Oh wow guys, I was so excited, walking under the DLH and under the train station. I did not know where to look first, the Christmas trees all lit up in the square, the huge giant Christmas tree, covered in baubles and ornament that I desperately wanted to buy myself!! it was all so magical! peeking round the tree I squealed just the tiniest bit at the castle! it looked so beautiful! we walked down Main Street and took our time just slightly,enjoying the view and the atmosphere. it was hard to believe we were in Disneyland, it felt so surreal.

We ventured into Frontierland and decided to take a ride on Phantom Manor as we could see it was a walk through. most of the crowds were gathered in front of the castle ready for Christmas Dreams. I hadn't been very impressed last year with PM as it was for the most part in French and I couldn't understand what was going on but this year, it seemed a little different and I really enjoyed it! maybe it was more the company I was with too, as after PM we hight tailed it over to Pirates of the Caribbean and we were literally the last people on the ride. Again last year, it was a ride, I hadn't really cared too much for, but KT and Emma's enthusiasm and love for the ride seemed to rub off on me and I loved it! By the time we came off the ride it was 5 past 7 and we could see Dreams had started, we cut through Adventureland and through the main entrance to it off Central plaza and we watched the rest of the show from that little area. I enjoyed the Christmas Dreams show but I do think I prefer the regular version. Yes its nice to have the Frozen section but there is so much more they could have added to it. I do love Frozen but I fear its being slightly overplayed to death. the Toy Story part was a nice, refreshing moment and the fireworks were amazing!

We left a few mins before the show actually ended and walked up Liberty Arcade to try and beat the crowds, which for the most part we did. I was determined to watch Christmas Dreams in its entirety the next night! We headed out the park and walked over to the Village. we were all starving at this point as in our excitement we had forgotten to eat! so we went into Annette's Diner and got seen to a table really quickly. Last year I had enjoyed a huge hotdog with cheese on top and really wanted to sample it again but I was left disappointed as the menus have changed in 12 months and they no longer offered it. I made do with chicken wings instead and a giant chocolate and oreo milkshake. I cant remember what the others had but it all looked pretty tasty and our plates were soon clean.

We had a wander around the village, looking at all the shops before calling it a night and hitting the sack!
Next up: Day 2 and its cafe Mickey and characters, rides and more FUN!!!

daddyof2

Wow Kirsty, that sounds like a pretty good first afternoon and evening - not sure it could have been much better with the short wait times

samuelvictor

Ooh sounds like you had a great time what what you've written so far! :D Hope you get pix and vids up soon - we're going in just over a week and will be awesome to see what to expect :)