Explorers Hotel

Started by clairabell13, November 07, 2014, 11:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clairabell13

Hi everyone...

Well, we have booked up for a week next September at the Explorers Hotel.  Previously we have always rented an apartment near the parks, but decided as we are child free to go for the hotel option.  Our stay includes breakfast.

I was wondering if any of you can tell me anything about the hotel at all?

What are the rooms like? What about breakfast? Any information at all would be greatly received  :)
October 2011 - Apartment in Bailly-Romainvilliers
May 2012 - Apartment in Bailly-Romainvillers

September 2018 - 12th Wedding Anniversary at Explorers Hotel - so excited!

glenn

We stayed there a few years ago and the only complaint I had
about it was the mad rush for the shuttle bus.
Everything else about the hotel was good,the breakfast can
be a bit lively but we enjoyed it.

SwipatronSparks

i have stayed there a few times, the rooms differ slightly depending on how many people are in them (size etc) but they all have tv fun fact is that the cbeebes channel turns into bbc1 after the channel finishes airing for the day so if you are in the hotel and want some tv dont just flick past that channel have a look to see if its changed over, though i am not sure what time airing finishes.

the breakfasts into the hotel is a standard continental breakfast that you get at most hotels, toast, cerials, hams, cheese etc.

the hotel itself has a restaurant that is open on an evening and offers a take away pizza menu that you can take back up to your room if you dont feel like eating downstairs, there is also a small disney gift shop and the hotel has a pool.

we usually just spend our first night there but i also wouldnt mind staying there for longer, the busses tend to come around every 10-15 mins i believe at the peek times of the day but just have a look at the timetable on the bus stop for times.

thats everything i can come up with for now =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

fishers

Hi we stayed at the Explorers Hotel during Oct half term, the rooms were very clean and tidy,and there was a tv with English channels for the children. The swimming pool was very good and stayed open until 11pm but they do insist on males wearing Speedo style trunks!  The breakfast was good, there was bread, fruit, ham, cheese and cereals, it' was very busy but there was plenty of food for everyone. The Pizza counter was open until 11 pm and they cost 11 euros for about a 12inch pizza. The shuttle bus was excellent, very busy on the way back from the parks but as they are every 10/15 mins it was no problem waiting for the next one. We are a family of 6, children aged 7,12,13 and 19 and they all enjoyed the Hotel and the Parks. We are planning another visit early next year and will hopefully go to the same hotel. if you need anymore info feel free to ask.

andrewuk

We had our honeymoon there (and tried to go back in 2007 for the ToT opening but got moved to Kyriad after a water leak in our room). I love the place, Captain's library is a nice restaurant, lovely feel throughout the whole hotel. I do like the Val de France area.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne