Hols/busy days experts - help needed please...

Started by Mrsya, November 07, 2014, 10:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

Sooo confused with all the different variables on this one and think I need some help from expert bookers/visitors!  ::)

I am looking to book again for the Easter hols next year and I have tried to google French Easter hols but, to be honest, it's a bit of a minefield and I've got myself all confused with the dates, the zones and the Disneyland offers.

Our arrival date can be anything from around Thursday 2nd April. The last date I could arrive is the 13th April (at a push). We are looking to stay at DC again for 4/5 nights. I only work Mondays and Tuesdays so could leave on Wed 1st if I had to. I think the Winter offers end on 31st March? So I'd be classed as an early Spring booking?

Please help if you can. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes time out of their day to suggest quietest/cheapest times. We did enjoy our Halloween holiday last month but I'd be lying if I said the queues didn't put a dampener on it for the whole family.

Jeni_disney24

Hi there, i have been over 9 times to disneyland paris at different times, i find if you stick to the uk holiday dates, you will find it busy as ever, the second time i went it was feb half term english time and i just remember spending all day lining up for rides. So from now on i tend to go when it is classed as term time and i have a more enjoyable and memorabiall time. I am going in less than 3 week andmy parents are there now and say it is very quiet but the atmosphere is better as everyone is kind and curtious and not pushing to go on rides or watch parades.
I hope this helps but my personal view is to go mid week and end on a weekend day as the week days are quieter and then the weekend ends up with the day trippers comes just for the weekend.

danogian

This year we went April 1st to 5th, which was a couple of weeks before Easter, outside of any UK school holidays, and as far as I could tell outside of any other European countries school holidays that contribute large percentages of visitors to DLP. Although it looked quite busy as you walked around, there was pretty much no queueing for rides at all. In the 3.5 days we spent in the parks, I think we went on BTM over 30 times, POTC 10 or 12, Phantom Manor at least 6, Star Tours probably 10 and loads more.

I think if you try to ensure that you go when there are no school holidays in France, UK, Spain, Netherlands or Italy, you'll probably find much the same. Other European countries don't contribute nearly as many guests to DLP as these. Next year we're going from June 2nd to 6th, hopefully I've read all the holiday calendars correctly and it will be much the same as this year was.

Previous Visits:
Oct 2011 - Santa Fé - 3 nights
Oct 2012 - Cheyenne - 3 nights
Apr 2014 - Sequoia Lodge - 4 nights
Jun 2015 - Sequoia Lodge (GFC) - 4 nights

amanda08

I think the earlier you can go in April the better. France hols start on the 13th and UK on the 7th. So before these dates the park should be pretty quiet :)

jackieann

Hi. Some school (my kids one) break up for easter the last friday in march... I've been before in August and was pleasantly surprised about how busy it was. As parks open till 11 pm didnt feel rushed to do things was lovely and would go again that time nof year. Since kids have started school have to try and go during school holidays althomi do take them out for a day or 2 saves loads as outnof school holidays.

Mrsya

Thanks for all your replies. My son started school in sep and I'm a teacher (although only part time since having the children) so I'm limited. I'd love to go in may again like earlier this year when I was on maternity leave but think Easter or Summer are my next options now...

Sad to hear that even though its not a French holiday, early uk Easter hols will still be busy. I'd been told that uk numbers don't make a dent...