Drinking fountains during winter season / Tips for winter at Disneyland

Started by TVTaughtMeHowToFeel, November 07, 2014, 10:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Hi,  :)
Maybe this is a dumb question, and maybe this has been asked before...
BUT Do the drinking fountains around the parks work during the winter season? I wanted to know because I'm visiting December 1st - 5th, and my last visit during christmas season was in 2005 and I don't really remember... I guess they are most used and needed during warm summer days, but i still need to drink when it's cold and I don't want to carry too much of my own water, neither do i want to buy some...

What are your experiences?... Other survival tips for my winter vacation at Disneyland are also much appreciated ;)

Thanks in advance :)
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

SUTHEL3

I couldn't answer for sure, but I would assume that they are left on unless the pipes have frozen over due to very cold weather.

I highly doubt they'd turn them off seeing as everyone needs to be hydrated no matter whether it's a hot or cold time of the year :)

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Thanks for your answer!!! :)

I share the same opinion... but you never know...

Anyone else?
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

SUTHEL3

Im going 24th-28th nov so will find out and let you know unless anyone else knows beforehand :)

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

cazspence

They're on all year round as they are inside. Usually beside or near to toilets. Been May, October and November twice and going again in a week. They're always on.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: cazspence on November 08, 2014, 08:48:12 AM
They're on all year round as they are inside. Usually beside or near to toilets. Been May, October and November twice and going again in a week. They're always on.

Ehm the drinking fountains are outside.
For example next to Bella Notte and in the beginning of the waiting line of Pirates of the Caribbean.

@ TS

I've never seen them on during Winter season, because of the chance of freezing.
But a bottle of water isn't that expensive, why not just buy one?
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Thanks to both of you :)

I guess I have to buy bottles then...
why it bothers me? ... I'm just kind of a Scrooge McDuck  ;D... I want to save money in every way possible, even when it's just a few euros. Annoying habit, i know  :P ... and it was just so convenient during the summer :-\
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

jackieann

I went in april  and none of the water fountains were working.. was really annoying.. we always fill up bottles in hotel and take them in. They charge alot for drinks.

Esti

I drink a lot of water so I don't really like having to carry around a 2L bottle, which would also force me to wear a backpack. But oh well, it's DLP.
Also, in September probably half the fountains weren't working (and they looked very dirty). I don't know what the excuse is for that one.

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Thanks again for sharing your experiences...

I feel with Esti... i don't want to carry my water supply for the day with me all the time... so filling up a little bottle whenever i needed it was just more convenient.

The solution would be clean fountains, indoors, preferably not in front of any toilets  :) Maybe there is even such a thing and i just didn't discover it yet...
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

IntoTheWoods

I am too going to be in DLP next week, so I wanted to ask if there is any update on the Water Fountain Situation? It really is a relief not to carry big bottles - or buy small bottles for nearly 3€ when you are in DLP on a Budget.

I'm also grateful for tips and tricks on how to surviving DLP in Winter :) Up until now I've only been there in summer. Any places that are especially good to warm up?
Where nothing's clear.
Where witches, ghosts and wolves appear

Ceh

Quote from: IntoTheWoods on November 25, 2014, 10:23:12 PM
I am too going to be in DLP next week, so I wanted to ask if there is any update on the Water Fountain Situation? It really is a relief not to carry big bottles - or buy small bottles for nearly 3€ when you are in DLP on a Budget.

I'm also grateful for tips and tricks on how to surviving DLP in Winter :) Any places that are especially good to warm up?
When I went two weeks ago none worked except one inside the hall on the left in main street.

Esti

Last week the ones next to Plaza Gardens, in front of the toilets, were working. Maybe a few more, but not many :(

I usually try not to be outside for very long. The cold is not very uncomfortable at first, but after waiting in line for a princess for 1 hour or more, your fingers start to freeze! I'm outside for the parade, and then I go to a few shops, etc. I think if you just pack warm clothes and don't stay standing up for parades and meet n greets for 5 hours, it's not a very big problem ;)

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: IntoTheWoods on November 25, 2014, 10:23:12 PM

I'm also grateful for tips and tricks on how to surviving DLP in Winter :) Up until now I've only been there in summer. Any places that are especially good to warm up?

I am off to DLP in just under two weeks. I usually visit the parks in February/March so am used to cold weather. My tips would be layer up, I am planning to wear tights under my leggings, a hoody under my coat, etc. I also find that wearing a hat or having a coat with a big hood helps when queuing. There are plenty of indoor places to go when you need to warm up! Have a magical trip :)