heading to ile de france next week should we go to dlp?

Started by babyboos, October 18, 2014, 11:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babyboos

we are going to be staying nearby husband fancies asterix but we have kids 7 and 4 and am sure they would enjoy Disneyland more although son has read some asterix books they will recognise everything at Disneyland

is it worth it for one day?  would you concentrate on one or the other park what is it like midweek next week is it quitter just now there?> is it french school holidays too?>  what would you do for the day can get ticket from fnac for 160 euros for one park one day is a bit of money for us but want it to be worthwhile if we do what kind of itinerary would you suggest as know we cant see everything and do everything in one day esp if we have to do lots of queuing thanks

Esti

I haven't been to Asterix, so I can't really compare. I your kids (and your husband and yourself!) like Disney, Disney movies, or just that feeling of being in another world, I think it's worthy. If you're going for just one day I'd say go only to Disneyland Paris and skip Walt Disney Studios.

If you guys are there at 10am you'll probably be able to do most stuff. Also, midweek is not busy at all, so even better! And there are two things you can't miss: the parade, at 5:30 (go earlier to get a nice spot) and Disney Dreams (at closing times, get early too).

Hope you like it :)

littlebitofpixiedust

I would personally order tickets online prior to go going you will save ALOT plus no que forp tickets either. So that saves time!
Also even though you have one day only I would still try and park hop over to the studios even if it was just for a couple of hours...

I'd start at the studios (it shuts earlier) get there for opening. I highly recommend you firstly go and ride ratatouille wich is at the back of the Park, it's a new ride amazing effects and suitable for all. Then have a look at toy story playland there is toy story parachute drop, slinky and RC racer. Hollywood tower of terror offer fast passes so worth it if you'd like to ride?

Animagique is a brilliant kids indoor show with lots of characters and singing show times are outside attraction or in centre of the studios on a board as you come in. The stunt show is good but 45 min long and your time limit but something to consider.

After this I'd head over to Disneyland park have a quick bite to eat and get started your children can do most rides in this park. If its a week day you go you should be back over to Disneyland park by 1 so you've got a good 6-7 hours of ride time left.

Rides to not miss
*buzz lightyears laser blast (discoveryland)
*small world (fantasyland) Peter pans flight (use fast pass)
*pirates of the Caribbean (adventure land)
*phantom manour (frontierland) big thunder mountain (use fast pass)

Hope I've helped, fast pass is free you just scan your ticket at the attraction and it gives you a time slot to come back and you shouldn't wait longer than 10-15mins. So get your fast pass and ride something close with small ques while you wait.

Also do NOT miss Disney dreams at the end of the day. It's at park closing the show is on the castle. Absoloutly amazing!
*note that fantasyland closes roughly an hour before park closing to set up for dreams show, so do rides fantasyland before its late. I'd start in discoveryland on buzz and then fantasyland, adventureland and and finish up in frontierland.

Have a wonderful time don't forget to get a Map!

Slimy yet satisfying

Parc Asterix is great for older kids as it has large thrill rides and water rides, it is more like Alton towers. You might find ghat a bit chilly outside the summer months tho'. For the ages of your kids I would opt for Disney every time, lots of family rides, interaction with well known characters, inside activities and shows in inclement weather and dare I say it... :-[more English spoken, I'm afraid the French do insist on most signage and announcements in their native tongue!
You would also need to check opening times Asterix is not open all year whereas Disney is, you might find that for a small price difference you get more time in Disney. Enjoy your time in a beautiful area, not everyone explores it too. There will be lots of harvest festivals on just now Cidre and baking are very popular with small stalls at the roadside and in villages. If you are driving be careful of your speed there are lots of cameras here!
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

babyboos

thanks for tips yes driving there so will be careful x

I think asterix is on special offer for Halloween 32 euros each regardless of age but I am not a fan of alton towers will watch other people but not do much myself Disney and the studios probably more my cup of tea

if we just did one maybe I could do a two park 2 day ticket if such a thing exists?  just looked on fnac site so far?  anyone know best deal on tickets we have a french addresss for the duration in ile de france if it helps?

where do we get a map do we buy one there or can I download one thanks

babyboos

it seems to cost same for three days as two in region of 550 pounds for us all
what is parking like please any tips?
heard contradictory advice re food can we take picnic in or not thanks

amanda08

Just a heads up that next week is likely to be very busy as it is both UK and French school hols. Not to say don't go, but be prepared for crowds.

littlebitofpixiedust

You can get them free when you arrive at either park, not sure about downloading but no people that sell them on eBay for like 50p i see them if you want to familiarise yourself before you get there.