Day Planning Advice

Started by BenRM, October 05, 2014, 02:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenRM

We have 4.5 days in DLP...

Im trying to work out a plan for our family of 4.

We will arrive on a Sunday at lunchtime:

Day 1 (afternoon)
I expect we'll be tired from travel, need a quick freshen up and head to Disneyland Park for the kids 'first time' photos, spend a few hours wandering. If we make it to lunch we will probably grab lunch in McDonalds as passing - I want to be quick and straight on.
I cant imagine any of us will want a long day there.

Day 2 (full day)
I want to make use of EMH and fastpass to plan our day. Perhaps with a nap in the afternoon for the kids (and us), then watch Disney Dreams at night - with magic hours were looking an 8am-10pm day!

Day 3 (Paris day)
Get up early for breakfast, catch the train into Paris. Spend a day wandering, nipping to the bottom station of the Eiffel Tower, have a late lunch and wine overlooking the river. No real plans, just show the kids some culture and something different.

Day 4 (Studios day)
Have a lie-in and get to studios for its 10am opening, try and nail Crush early and get tickets for ToTT, Remy and play the rest as it comes. Im expecting less of this day.

Day 5 (leave for home)

-

Im wondering whether its worth swapping some days around, but Id like Paris to break up the middle of it, but I cant imagine its ideal the night after a long day in DLP. But if I swap the studios day for DLP will that come across as disappointing?
I suppose the half day could be Studios, but being (in my opinion) the poorer park, I dont think its the way to introduce Disney to the kids. They should get Main Street and a castle first - right?

-

Any advice would be appreciated

DLPWonders (Banned)

I think this is a great planning.
I would probably plan it the same way.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Andybear

When are you going?  Your plans could be different depending on whether you go during a busy time or a quiet time. 

BenRM

End of March / April time.

We will get the last couple of days of Swing Into Spring. I think the park listed the week as 'moderate' - it will be UK school holidays as its the week before Easter and I expect it to be the same for the continent.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: BenRM on October 05, 2014, 09:23:29 PM
End of March / April time.

We will get the last couple of days of Swing Into Spring. I think the park listed the week as 'moderate' - it will be UK school holidays as its the week before Easter and I expect it to be the same for the continent.

The last couple of days of Swing Into Spring? I think you mean the first couple of days....
Swing Into Spring starts at the end of March and will run until the end of June.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

jeakat24

I always make these kind of plans and then when we're there we never stick to them! It's good to have an idea of all the things you really want to do and go from there.
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

c3po

Good schedule, and not too different from what we did last week. You can definitely do Paris after a long day in DLP. We went to Paris following two long days - and I had 3 children with me. We even made it to the RER station by 8:30.
[size=85]1972 - Disneyland; 1974 - WDW; 1988 - Disneyland; 1996 - Disneyland; 1998 - Disneyland; 2000 - Disneyland; 2003 - WDW (Coronado Springs & Grosvenor Resort); 2009 - DLP (Newport Bay Club); October 2010 - DLP (Sequoia Lodge); October 2014 (Disneyland Hotel); September 2015 (Sequoia Lodge); March 2017 (Sequoia Lodge GF)

BenRM

Ah pleased to hear it worked.

Its only a rough guide to play with, I think the only day set in stone will be the Paris one. I cant wait!