Disney's Hotel New York refurbishment (2015-2016)

Started by Kristof, October 01, 2014, 09:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halosunshine

I think with the HNY refurb they will opt for an approach similar to the hotels in Florida and use hidden Micky's for example at Disney's boardwalk hotel they had Micky heads in the pattern on the carpets which is great fun trying to find the hidden micky's. At least I hope they do that.

DisneyGagaChick

Is there an official date of when the hotel will close??

Disney Matt

I'm looking to stay possibly at Hotel New York in Feb 2016, so if its closing for a year why is it still available to book?
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

KentDisney

Quote from: Mathierson24 on January 11, 2015, 07:57:15 PM
I'm looking to stay possibly at Hotel New York in Feb 2016, so if its closing for a year why is it still available to book?

It's not set in stone that they will close for a year, but it's looking unlikely anyway!

Disney Matt

Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

DisneyGagaChick

I wish to stay in the HNY sometime in Jan/Feb/March next year. Is it confirmed to close for a year?

KentDisney

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on January 13, 2015, 01:14:28 PM
I wish to stay in the HNY sometime in Jan/Feb/March next year. Is it confirmed to close for a year?

There is no confirmation and recent reports I have seen say it looks unlikely. They're probably going to do it in sections like NPB.

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: KentDisney on January 22, 2015, 11:09:13 AM
There is no confirmation and recent reports I have seen say it looks unlikely. They're probably going to do it in sections like NPB.

Ahh, I just don't want to book it and the hotel will be closed.  ::)

Deff

I guess they would post-pone this refurbishment until Newport Bay Club is completed. In terms of closing the entire Hotel at once, I think the segmented the room refurb in Newport Bay Club in two phases right? Since Hotel New York is about half the size of Newport Bay Club, the impact of closing New York entirely on the overal room capacity would be about the same of closing Newport Bay Club for 50%. (probably even smaller since Newport Bay Club tends to have higher occupancy then New York, but average room rates at New York are a bit higher)

RockNRoller

Just booked the New York for November this year and was told there are no Empire State rooms available. Thought this might mean my travel agent couldn't access them but she tells me that you have to call Disney direct for them and it was Disney staff that told her this. Does this mean that the refurbishment will have started by the end of this year end the whole Empire State floor will be first? Anyone else picked up something like this?
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

paterdave2

That looks to me the best way to work. Just floor by floor. It is the most easy way I think.
They did it with Santa fe and sequoia lodge. With those they closed the buildings one by one(santa fé even several at the same time) to refurb them so whith New York I would say they would do it floor by floor.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

DisneyDreamer

Oooo. I don't know RockNRoller - we're booked into Empire State Club in December....is it possible they were fully booked?
August 1995 (2 days)- Off Site
August 2000 (2 days)- Off Site
May/June 2010 (5 days) - Hotel Cheyenne
May/June 2011(6 days) - Hotel New York
May 2014 (5 days) - Hotel Disneyland
December 2015 (5 days) - Hotel New York Empire State Club

jayney69

I've just booked (today) for next April (2016), so they're expecting to still be open at that point.

KateMB

Always wanted to go there, now I want to visit even more when it's ready. Does anyone know how costly it would be? I'm considering going with my little sis next year. I've looked up some hotels in NYC and I'd like to know how this one would do compared to these http://www.reservationcounter.com/hotel/new-york/, for example.

Remco K.

The fountains in front of Disney's Hotel New York are being replaced.

Above pictures are courtesy of InsideDLParis (Twitter).