Princess Pavilion Help!

Started by Salma40, September 06, 2014, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salma40

Hi there

Think we are just going to bite the bullet and visit the Princess Pavilion in December to see Anna or Elsa.
I'm assuming it will be one or the other and not both but please correct me if I'm wrong!

My question is how does the princess pavilion queuing system work? Do you get your tickets in advance on the day then queue again? Are the tickets by the princess pavilion?  Can you get tickets during magic hours?

Any help gratefully received!

Thank you

cazspence

It's been confirmed it will be both of them you meet. Tickets need to be collected from the old mill then you get a time to go back to the pavillion and usually wait only 15-20 minute max then. But... As this is Anna and Elsa until it's up and running I'm not sure the 2nd queue may be a bit longer.

samuelvictor

Usually there is no ticket system for Princess Pavilion. We went twice in 2012 when it'd just opened, and its just a case of joining the queue, which starts a long way outside the building. Be warned, both times when we did it, the queues were very long, and quite claustrophobic. Though the theming of the building both inside and out is excellent, it does mostly amount to lots of people crammed into small, dark, covered corridors. There are no places to sit or rest, and many people's children were becoming fractious. 

I have read somewhere (a fan site, can't remember which) that when it is specifically frozen themed you can visit BOTH Anna and Elsa, and you can get tickets to speed up the wait. This may only be on specific days, and I can imagine the queues would still be pretty long, especially if its true about seeing both princesses (assuming its 1 in each room - unless of course there are 2 of each princess, and you go into one room with both...)

The first time we did Princess Pavilion, you queued until just before it was time to meet the princesses, and then you got a choice of which room to go into (you were told who was in what, but only just before, so your child had to decide right away). The second time you got no choice at all, and were just put into whichever room became free first (annoying as we queued for over 90 minutes for a Princess we'd already got photos with earlier in the day!).

As I said, all that was back in 2012 when it first opened, they may have since involved some kind of more efficient system, especially if you visit when the specific Frozen events are on :)

Aurora1

As it will the first time Frozen Characters are in there, ther is no way to know how they do it (1 or 2 at the time) but it will be jammed, I`m sure!
We always go in october, there is no ticket system then.
When we went in the Pavillon, the CM asked us wich princess we already saw. We told him or her and we never saw the same one twice.

never2old

We will be able to meet Elsa and Anna together :D

No news on whether the reservation tickets will be in use (they are being used now, I saw in twitter), or whether we'll be back to normal queuing, I guess we'll now in November...

QueenLisa

Hi everyone, we are going in June 2015 and I have a little princess who would love to meet any of the Princesses, I don't think we can afford  ADC,  Am I correct to say that we need to queue early at the Mill for a ticket to return later at an allotted time ?

Just trying to plan our 3.5 days at the park, we arrive late Tuesday afternoon so hoping to do the Princess stuff Wednesday or Thursday before the parks get busy.

Thanks again, great forum with magic tips ;)

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: QueenLisa on January 14, 2015, 04:34:25 PM
Hi everyone, we are going in June 2015 and I have a little princess who would love to meet any of the Princesses, I don't think we can afford  ADC,  Am I correct to say that we need to queue early at the Mill for a ticket to return later at an allotted time ?

Just trying to plan our 3.5 days at the park, we arrive late Tuesday afternoon so hoping to do the Princess stuff Wednesday or Thursday before the parks get busy.

Thanks again, great forum with magic tips ;)

There's no ticket reservation system at the Pavillion.
They only do this every once in a while for about 2 weeks.
You're just gonna have to queue normally, just like you do for an attraction.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

stormflm595

Just to add on, I've been in the first week of September twice in the last couple of years and we have always had to reserve a ticket and then queue at our allotted time. I'm unsure if this is in the 2 weeks allocated that DLRPWonders mentioned above me but as this is towards the end of the Summer season and quieter than in August I don't think it is. My advice is to head on over to the Pavilion in EMH and ask a cast member, then at least you know if you'll have to reserve or if you can just queue whenever you fancy it.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

QueenLisa

Thanks, it would be great if they had a ticket system in place, it would make more sense ?

daddyof2

We went in June 2014 and the queue at the Old Mill started during EMH - one person mentioned somebody else queuing for 6 hours. We didn't bother, but my wife and daughter queued for an hour to see Rapunzel at Caseys Corner

polar vixen

We were there September '13 June '14and November and the ticket system was in place every visit.