Tiny secrets of magic in the park

Started by Robin, August 04, 2014, 03:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin

Hello everyone,

As many of you, I' ve been to DRP more than a thousand time, but I was wondering about something...

What are some of those tiny secrets of magic inside the park that only true Disneyland fans know about?
I mean things like 'The Descent of the Stairs' at four 'o clock or the telephone in (now) Flora's Boutique that allows you to hear  voices. What are some of your favourites, and maybe share so others can discover the magic

msRavenswood

Discovery_Mountain

Check out this website, It's interesting to see how many you know...

http://www.hiddendlrp.com
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

Robin

Yes Hidden Mickeys are great too! I try to avoid the sites that tell you where they are though, I like to discover them myself. I also find a new one every time. It's like it's a small world; you see a new doll EVERY TIME  ;D

polar vixen

I always find it exciting looking for the treasure in skull rock

macca1476

dont know if it counts, but i saw carl fredrickson and russell from up between frontierland and adventure land yesterday. didnt know they were there.

Mileto

Great topic! I have to think of something  ???

Quote from: msRavenswood on August 04, 2014, 05:11:34 PM
How about Hidden Mickeys?

What about them???

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

msRavenswood

I meant if Robin had heard of Hidden Mickeys.  ;)

Robin

Quote from: macca1476 on August 05, 2014, 12:29:59 AM
dont know if it counts, but i saw carl fredrickson and russell from up between frontierland and adventure land yesterday. didnt know they were there.

YES that counts. I haven't been there since they put them there, so that'll be exciting! I took me ages to find Wall-E, because he's put all the way in the back somewhere

Robin

Just thought of one more. For Dutchies and Belgians it's always exciting to go around the Christmas period, because they put up 'Sinterklaas' in It's a Small World. I almost freaked out the last time I was there, becaƩuse I's never noticed it before

pixiedust86

Hi :)

Where is Wall-E hidden does anyone know? :o

DisneyRon

Quote from: pixiedust86 on August 08, 2014, 09:00:30 PM
Hi :)

Where is Wall-E hidden does anyone know? :o

Isn't he a statue together with Eve in Discoveryland?
He's in the ring near Space Mountain if I recall correctly.

Or do you mean another Wall-E? :D

Robin

I've always missed it, because it's in Discoveryland, but all the way in the back.

samuelvictor

I love that Wall-E & Eve statue - it was originally meant to go to one of the Eastern parks (Tokyo, Shanghai, Hong Kong, can't remember which), so glad we got it instead :)

One of the nice little touches I noticed the first time we stayed in the Santa Fe was there is a decoration featuring a "route 66" style map. Where Anaheim would be, there is a picture of the Disneyland Castle, with Walt Disney himself as one of the punters!

On the family crest on Mr Toad's Diner, it says "No Consumus Froglegus", pig latin for "don't eat frogs legs"!

The retro American car "parked" outside of Annette's Diner has the numberplate "12 04 92", the date which DLRP opened.

I don't know if it counts as a secret, but we were very excited and surprised the first time we discovered the Dragon under the castle. I think that's a really nice touch. We felt the same about the fact you can go upstairs and see the windows, book etc. My wife was used to going to Florida as a child and essentially just walking through he castle there.

pixiedust86

I haven't been since Wall-E was released so looking forward to seeing all the new additions  ;D ;D