Temple Du Peril Referbishment

Started by Discovery_Mountain, June 03, 2014, 06:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discovery_Mountain

Hey guys!

I'm just wondering if anyone who has been/ridden Temple Du Peril since the refurbishment and what they think? Or if the changes are noticeable, is it running any smoother? is the loop smoother since it's been replaced? How does the new stone temple look close up?

Also it looked like they may have replace the lift hill chain just wondering if anyone can confirm this?

Cheers Matt :)
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

WalkerboyUK

My daughter and I rode it on Thursday.  To be fair, I hadn't been on it since 2003, when it ran backwards, so can't really comment on the refurb etc.
However, having queued for 30 mins, my 10 year old came off it bitterly disappointed.  Her main opinion being that it was far too slow for a rollercoaster, and I have to say that I agree with her.  I'm amazed we made it through the loop (though I will say it was smooth), because we never really built up any speed at any point.  The Rattlesnake at Chessington World of Adventures is a better ride, and even that's pretty poor...

Martyn

Is this the only topic for the Indy refurb? (Had a quick search and couldn't find anything)

Seems a bit odd. Major refurb for a ride and there's no topic for it?

A&S&O

Rode it last week, and to be honest, didn't notice any difference to when we rode it last year.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

twentythingamabobs

Rode it a few weeks ago and agree with others regarding the speed, it is far too slow. I did find it a smoother ride though, no bruises on my arms for once!

michellemumof2xx

Wasn't the closure and refurb for the "set" to be done up and painted? Im sure I read that somewhere, so maybe that's why its not much different?? I cant comment on speed etc as ive never been on it :)
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

msRavenswood

I believe it was more of a 'cosmetic' refurbishment, including some cleaning and painting, adding some props, etc. They did remove the loop track during the update, but I'm not sure if it was replaced with a new one.

Martyn

From what I saw, they removed more track than just the loop. There's a photo taken from that high point by the bridge, and the turn after the first drop was gone.

Discovery_Mountain

Can't wait to check it out on my next trip, It's one of my favourite rides in the park and I was worried they were going to slow it down like raging spirits in DisneySea.

Don't know if any one has noticed, but everyone always says about how Raging Spirits is better but it goes so much slower.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

msRavenswood

Quote from: Matty88 on September 03, 2014, 09:38:22 AM

Don't know if any one has noticed, but everyone always says about how Raging Spirits is better but it goes so much slower.

I've read about Raging Spirits being better, but isn't it the same ride only different theme? I find it a bit unfair that so many people are dissing Le Temple du Peril while praising Raging Spirits!  ???

samuelvictor

Slightly off topic, but can I ask people's general opinion on whether this ride is more scary than Big Thunder Mountain? Or Crush's Coaster? We've only been on those two and both myself and my kids have always assumed it would be a scarier ride - BTM and CC seem about their limits of what they can cope with - Space Mountain & RnR are assumed off limits too...

[edit] I mostly ask because there has been several notes here of it being a very slow ride - which is not what I would have assumed by looking at it?

msRavenswood

Quote from: samuelvictor on September 03, 2014, 12:00:23 PM
Slightly off topic, but can I ask people's general opinion on whether this ride is more scary than Big Thunder Mountain? Or Crush's Coaster? We've only been on those two and both myself and my kids have always assumed it would be a scarier ride - BTM and CC seem about their limits of what they can cope with - Space Mountain & RnR are assumed off limits too...

[edit] I mostly ask because there has been several notes here of it being a very slow ride - which is not what I would have assumed by looking at it?

Actually Raging Spirits in DL Japan is slower. I wouldn't call Le Temple du Peril slow, but what makes it 'scary' is the loop. It's down to personal taste eventually and how much a person can handle. It's one of my favorite rides because of the loop! How old are your children?

danogian

I'd say Crush is the scariest of the three, due to the spinning and being mostly in the dark, and BTM the least scary, with Indy coming in somewhere in between. I like Indy, my main gripe with it has always been that it seems to be over far too quickly. Bear in mind when planning to take your children on it that there is a height restriction of 140cm (just over 4' 7'').

Previous Visits:
Oct 2011 - Santa Fé - 3 nights
Oct 2012 - Cheyenne - 3 nights
Apr 2014 - Sequoia Lodge - 4 nights
Jun 2015 - Sequoia Lodge (GFC) - 4 nights

A&S&O

We did the tour last week and was told that the ride was only meant to be temporary until Space Mountain opened, it was only meant to be there for 6 months. Anyone know if this is true, or our guide was mis informing us?
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

msRavenswood

Quote from: A&S&O on September 03, 2014, 03:42:43 PM
We did the tour last week and was told that the ride was only meant to be temporary until Space Mountain opened, it was only meant to be there for 6 months. Anyone know if this is true, or our guide was mis informing us?

It is indeed true.