Sequoia Lodge losing characters

Started by Lucyloo, June 01, 2014, 07:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andybear

Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on June 13, 2014, 08:09:01 PM
Silly move

I don't think it's a silly move.  Those of us who stay at Disney hotels do in effect pay for the privilege of meeting Disney characters there.  However a lot of people who don't stay at Disney hotels walk into one, meet the characters and then walk out again - thus they get for nothing what those of us who stay in Disney hotels pay for.  There are going to be characters involved in EMH so only people who've got park tickets will be able to meet them. 

msRavenswood

Quote from: Andybear on August 15, 2014, 02:36:14 PM

I don't think it's a silly move.  Those of us who stay at Disney hotels do in effect pay for the privilege of meeting Disney characters there.  However a lot of people who don't stay at Disney hotels walk into one, meet the characters and then walk out again - thus they get for nothing what those of us who stay in Disney hotels pay for.  There are going to be characters involved in EMH so only people who've got park tickets will be able to meet them.

I couldn't agree with you more!

Andybear

Quote from: msRavenswood on August 15, 2014, 05:08:20 PM
Quote from: Andybear on August 15, 2014, 02:36:14 PM

I couldn't agree with you more!

Thank you!   I'll be interested to know if the removal of the characters from the hotels impacts on the amount of people staying at Disney hotels.  It certainly won't me - I love Sequoia Lodge and I'll happily stay there when there are no characters but I suspect some people will stay in cheaper hotels off site if their prime reason for staying on site was the characters.  .

Rapunzel1

I do think it is a silly move. This was the only opportunity we have to meet characters. The lines are never very long (we stayed both at Newport Bay and the Disneyland hotel). We loved to go to the characters after or before breakfast. In the park there is always a run towards the characters and my children are shy so they have no chance to meet characters (we are too polite too). Or the lines are far too long.

gemma2806

You can take both the drinks and the snacks out of the lounge. We took the free drinks out of the lounge every day. We would go in the evening and take bottles of pop for the next day in the parks. (The lounge doesn't open till about 12 noon for drinks and most people have already headed to the parks by then.) We would also take drinks for in the night to our room. The one day I had a migraine so I stayed in the room and my other half Dan took our son to the lounge for the snacks and he brought some back to the room for me!

You can order any soft drinks for free. I loved having a pot of tea and cups of hot chocolate in the evening. The only drinks you have to pay for are alcoholic drinks and they will even head to the bar for you to get them to save you leaving the lounge!  :D