Sequoia Lodge losing characters

Started by Lucyloo, June 01, 2014, 07:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucyloo

Hi, have been planning our first trip to DLP for March 2015 for weeks now and had decided on practically everything.  Read recently that most characters at breakfasts will be moved to the parks during magic hours but assumed Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest bookings would still have the characters at breakfast as this is one of the 'perks' for upgrading.  However, just send a message over the interactive chat on Disneyland Paris website, and the advisor came straight back to say the characters will no longer be at Sequoia, and that the interaction will be replaced by a hot breakfast instead!  Gutted now, as this was one of the reasons for going for this accomodation, so my 3yr old son could see the characters in relative peace without having to book a seperate breakfast.  If this advice is correct, Disney should amend their room info to reflect this.  Haven't even gone yet and already disappointed!

captain rocket

You will still be able to meet characters in the park for EMH, although it is rumoured that not all the characters from the hotels will be there! EMH is relatively quiet in the park, especially early on, so you may get better interaction than you would have in the GFC.
When I was in GFC last year there was only one character at the breakfast each day anyway and you will still be able to enjoy a peaceful breakfast away from the scrum downstairs and enjoy the afternoon tea and free drinks through the day so all is not lost!
Don't be disapointed, I am sure you will still have a great time!

amanda08

We also only saw one character at SLGFC in february, so this would be way down on my list of reasons for booking this. For us the big plus points were the lovely quiet breakfasts, the free drinks all day long (saves a forune!) and the free cakes and snacks in the afternoon :)

As has been said, there is supposed to be a new morning "happening" during EMH from november. Also , since they have bought in the queuing system for characters in the park, its very easy to get photo's and autographs without the scrum that used to be there :-) in february half term we managed to get 8 photos and autographs in the studio meet and greets within about 50mins and with no pushing and shoving whatsoever :)

amanda08

Have to agree though that it is shockingly bad that the website does not reflect that there are no characters in the Hotels from November - that really is not on!!

SGregory27

I was just on the Disney Paris website looking at sequoia as we are looking at staying in GF rooms in Feb 2015 and when read info re GF rooms it does say "Breakfast with Disney Characters until November 12, 2014." but not sure how long this has been on there.

http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/hotels/disneys-sequoia-lodge.html

Quote from: Lucyloo on June 01, 2014, 07:51:27 PM
that the interaction will be replaced by a hot breakfast instead!

Quite like the idea of having hot breakfast option in Feb.

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

Lucyloo

Thanks all,

The statement on the website must be recent, it certainly wasn't there a few weeks ago when I priced everything up.

Just annoys me slightly how they send offers so you can book almost 12 months in advance, but they don't know their changes or entertainment schedules e.t,c until 90 days in advance.  Another question I sent was to clarify when Disney Dreams or an alternative would be shown in March, if only on specific days.  Wanted to know if to book Sun to Thurs or Mon to Fri, incase the show would only be on at weekends.  Nobody can tell me though so have to just take a chance.  They also don't yet know the height restriction on ratatouille yet it's built and ready to open next month!!

Think the advisors are pointless if they can't tell you basic stuff so you can plan your trip in advance.

Anyway, don't want to sound too miserable!  Still really looking forward to it, just like to have everything planned in head before I do something.

gemma2806

Definitely don't be disappointed! I was in the GFC in November last year and I did book the GFC partly because of the characters. Unlike some people on the forum we did see between 3 and 4 characters each day and over the course of a week we did see the same characters a couple of times. However apart from the difference in costumes we also got to see all the characters in the parks with a minimal wait, the only exception to this being Eeyore who was only in the parades in the park.

There is so much more to GFC than the characters though, the Hotel Fastpass perk is great, the setting of the GFC lounge etc is amazing with or without the characters. You save a fortune on soft drinks every day by using the GFC.

I can understand why they have stopped the characters in the hotels due to non-paying guests gaining access to a hotel guest perk but in the club level areas you can't enter them without first proving you are a guest at that level so it seems a shame to remove them from the club levels.

You'll have an amazing time though even without the characters  :D

WalkerboyUK

Don't anticipate meeting too many characters in the park either..... Bitterly disappointing trip last week on that front.  On our 2 previous trips it's been easy to just randomly bump into a character somewhere in the park.  This time it was a case of having to seek them out and then stand in an official queue to meet.  And if you're unlucky (as we always seemed to be), just as you get to the front of that queue, time's up!!
Previously we had seen Tigger, Eeyore, Smee, Hook, Donald, Baloo - none of them this time.

irishbhoy1888

Is all characters no gone completely from all disney hotels ?

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on June 08, 2014, 07:39:55 PM

Not yet, from November 2014 on ;)
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

irishbhoy1888

Quote from: DLRPWonders on June 09, 2014, 06:17:35 PM
Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on June 08, 2014, 07:39:55 PM

Not yet, from November 2014 on ;)

Cool thanks  :) will they be gone completely come nov 14 .?

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on June 10, 2014, 12:02:28 PM

Cool thanks  :) will they be gone completely come nov 14 .?

Yes they will.
They only stay for breakfast at the Castle Club and at the Sunday brunch at Inventions (both are at the Disneyland Hotel).
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

irishbhoy1888

Libbyruncie

We are also booked for march 2015 go 26th for 4 nights five days and although i heard about the characters beforehand from forums like is i booked it standard but ten rang and upgraded anyway! I think the extra little perks are worth it even if its a nice coffee in the room being able to take drinks from the lounge into parks etc. peaceful breakfast and loving the idea of hot breakfast!

We have booked the premium meal plan so will meet characters at other meals i am ok with the sacrifice selfishly like the idea hot breaky and then using the pause gourmet cakes from day before as mid morn snack then GF for cake pm in between of swim and afternoon evening activities still think it sounds like GF worth it

Libby x

Dan80

We are looking to book a GFC room for November. We know that the characters will not be there when we want to go, but there is something that's unclear for me: There are free softdrinks and at some times snacks, but do you have to eat/drink them in the club, or are you allowed to take them to your room or to the Parks? It is not our intention to do some free drinks/snacks shopping, but with 2 kids of 2 and 4 years old we are not sure if they can take the time for a rest and lounge in the bar ;-) Mom and dan would like to, but I am not sure if our kids agree with this....

Another question: Does someone has photos of the bar with the drinks and snacks? And can you also get some hot cocao and coffee?

Thanks for your time!