Some photos from our last trip 15-17 May - COMPLETE

Started by never2old, May 25, 2014, 01:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

Hello!

I won't have much time for a full TR, but I still wanted to share some highlights with you my dear Disney friends, and some photos.

We had to go to renew our APs (any excuse is valid when it comes to Disney!!!), and get our daughter Alicia her first AP, since she's now 3 years old (and a paying guest....). We stayed off site in the Hipark Residence (our new favourite place to go offsite!) and spent 3 days in the parks.

The Spring season is just amazing!! I absolutely loved it. The decorations were brilliant, and the shows were excellent!! The Spring Promenade is one of the best shows I've ever seen in DLP. The music is great (the new song very very catchy), the dancers are great, the characters are great... We ended up seeing 4 times I think. Or 5. I'm not even sure anymore... My daughter loved it, she was even repeating some of the moves afterwards....

Overall it was a really good trip. Weather was stunning, beautiful blue skies all around and quite warm. Crowds were very reasonable (except on the last day, Saturday, but we were expecting that... and with a bit of planning and fastpasses we still got a few things done, including Peter Pan and 2x Buzz.

My daughter is more and more mad on Disney, I'm so proud of her....  ;D She's still asking when are we going back, and wants to wear her princess Sofia dress every day. Oh, talking of Sofia, Alicia got a lot of attention from Sofia in the Disney Jr Live pre-show, she even came to get my little princess to take her by the hand for one of the dances. Truly magical  :D

Finally, because of the late opening hours (22:30) we had to miss Dreams this time, which is a shame because I love that show (all 3 of us do, actually). I really hope it continues after September....

Here are some photos from day 1 (days 2 and 3 to follow)

Lunch in Cafe des Cascadeurs, a first for all of us (it was always closed before), a highlight for me. Always love to do new things in DLP, and the burgers were delicious!!

Cars selfie  ;)

Stars 'n' Cars Parade. A little bit disappointing, I have to say....

After starting in WDS, time to finally go 'home' to the most beautiful park there is....

never2old

Fantasyland was made for spring...

Adventureland

She was dancing...

Making friends (in line for Peter Pan)

Photos from day 2 to follow!

msRavenswood

Wonderful photos, looks like you guys had a really great time! Your daughter is adorable, by the way! Can't wait to see the pics from the rest of your stay!  :D

gemma2806

The topiaries of the Bambi characters are beautiful! Are Karl and Russell from UP in Adventureland? Are they a new feature for the swing into spring festival?

Can't believe that you've been back again already, I'm so jealous! :D

Wonderful pictures looking forward to seeing the other days x

daddyof2

Great photos, they've added to my already-bubbling-over-excited-ness.
Gemma - yes, Carl and Russell are fairly new arrivals to Adventureland, possibly not just there for spring (there was a post on www.dedicatedtodlp.com)

gemma2806

Thanks daddyof2 for the link. Personally I like the additions and I hope they're still there when I get to visit in 2017!  :'( ::)

cinderslg

Beautiful pics, im booking for halloween now i need to go for the new spring experience  :D

ilovemainstxxx

Brilliant pics as always , looks like you had a lovely time and great weather ...
What a cutie your daughter is ..x
The cafe look fab like you say , we have never seen it open, fingers crossed it will still be open when we go ..
:)

Mileto

Great pics, unforgettable memories! When are you going again?  :D

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

never2old

Thank you all for your comments  :D 

Mileto - thanks! It was a particularly perfect trip, I have to say... Lot of great memories! Not sure when we'll be going next, I'm hoping to manage to go for the AP previews of Ratatouille next month, otherwise may wait until September or October now...  :(  But in all goes well we should be going for both Halloween and Christmas! Summer is the only season I'm happy to miss... Particularly since Fantillusion is no longer there.

ilovemainstxxx - I hope the Cafe is open, it was a real treat!!! I hope to go there again soon!!

cindersig - Spring will be back next year, you know...  ;)  May has always been one of my favourite times to go, because it's not too busy (we can still go outside of school holidays of course, that will change too soon...) and the weather is (usually) beautiful.  And now with the Spring festival it's even better, I wish I could go again just to see it all once more!! Can't wait to see what they do next year....

gemma2806 - as daddyof2 says, Carl and Russell a new seemingly permanent feature. I liked them, I thought they fitted quite well in that area of Adventureland.... I only wish Doug was somewhere around too...

daddyof2 - I want to go back to, can I come with you???

Here's the start of day 2!

Dancing once more...

First Spring Promenade of the day!! For some reason the characters did not come in their cars, all were by foot. We didn't see the train either (it was there for a later show so I guess it simply came out later...)

My daughter was extremely happy when Alice came and said hello to her (and yes, Alicia is partly named after Alice...)

I've said it earlier but I'll say it again, best show (after Dreams of course) in DLP in a long time!!

Lunch at Agrabah Cafe

And Spring Promenade, once more... This time in front of the Castle. The train stays there in between shows, by the way...

Oh, Alicia now has a new dance move...

And here they come!

Pluto and Alicia

And now it's her turn

Day 2 continues soon!

never2old

Little rest in the Discovery Arcade

(with a bit of shopping of course...)

Fantasia Gardens

And back for... yes, you guessed it, the Spring Promenade. Last show of the day...

Alicia had to dance a bit more while we waited... (animated GIF courtesy of Google+ photos...)

Watching the musicians get in place...

Pluto came by once more...

Someone doesn't want the show to end...

Back to Fantasyland

And in Meet Mickey Mouse

I love it how she holds her dress....  ;)

Next, to the train station!

After doing a full circle in the train, back to Fantasyland

And singing once again...

and dancing...

Time for the parade

Last update for day 2 to follow!

never2old

After the parade, back in Fantasyland.

I love this picture, it's one of my favourites....

Day 3 to follow!

BlackPearl

Beautiful, wonderful photos! I love the Spring-decorations! Thanks for sharing.  :D

daddyof2

Dumbo is going to be closed next week when we're there and the weather is looking like it won't be as nice as your trip so I'm jealous :)

littlebitofpixiedust

Absoloutly stunning photos just marvellous! You all looked like you had an amazing time, the weather looked lovely too! Thanks for sharing I really enjoyed seeing your trip  :)