Descent of the Stairs Disneyland Hotel

Started by bad-pink-tink, December 19, 2013, 04:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazzle_v2003

When I went to see Descent it was a Thursday so maybe on Thursday they just do a character meet and greet and they don't come down the stairs compared to Friday to Sunday. A shame for those guests that want to see it and Thursday is there only day to see it.

pialykke

Quote from: dazzle_v2003 on February 17, 2014, 01:39:27 AM
When I went to see Descent it was a Thursday so maybe on Thursday they just do a character meet and greet and they don't come down the stairs compared to Friday to Sunday. A shame for those guests that want to see it and Thursday is there only day to see it.

Yeah, we are one of those families unfortunately... We go Mon-Fri, but have to leave our hotel about 12.30 on the Friday, so our only opportunity to see it is the Thursday... Oh well, even if it is "just" a character meet, we will definitely be going. We've never been in the DH, so want to experience that too...

Just hope they have one or two "rare" characters there instead of just "the usual bunch".... I would hope they still make it a bit special, even if they have scrapped the actual descent...

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

Ravenseye

We were there on Sunday 9th Feb and the characters did indeed decend the stairs.
It was very busy (as expected) and there was a kind of meet n greet at the bottom which was a scrum. We just stood back and took it all in before making a quick exit. Glad we got to see this though  ;D
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

BoristheSpider

I watched it from the balcony, good view of the staircase & on the day it was just a meet with no descent it was really funny to watch the characters pop out from all over the room & see people's reactions :-)

stk31

I was in the foyer on Thursday 20th February with my family and can confirm that the characters DID descend the stairs, the characters were Gideon, Suzy and Perla, Mickey, Pluto, Goofy and Tigger. Considering it was a dismal day weather wise the foyer was not very busy and we'd met all the characters with photo opportunities and autographs done in about 20 minutes!.

Would definitely recommend anyone finds the time to experience this.

Rapunzel1

We are staying in the Disneyland hotel and there are characters coming down the stairs at four. And they then stick around in the lobby for photo's and signatures. My children loved it and so did I. At the reception they mentioned it especially so i think it is a regular thing. Today the characters were Goofy, chip 'n Dale, donald, pluto and Mickey.

michellemumof2xx

When we went in feb, it was peter pan,wendy, gipetto, pluto, tigger, a penguin from mary poppins, mickey and minnie. I loved it, so did my girls : )
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

DLPWonders (Banned)

Last Saturday (March 15th) the characters were:

* Gepetto
* Tweedle Dee
* Tweedle Dum
* Mickey Mouse
* Minnie Mouse
* Pluto
* Goofy
* Penguin (Mary Poppins)

All in their classic outfits.

--------

Last Sunday (March 16th) the characters were:

* Mickey Mouse
* Minnie Mouse
* Tigger
* Gepetto
* Suzy
* Perla
* Goofy
* Max
* Donald

Max, Goofy and Donald were in Cuisine outfit.
The rest of the characters were all in classic outfit.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

dazzle_v2003

I love that the character selection can pop up some surprise characters every now and again and it isn't always the usual characters that you can meet in the park or some times characters are in special outfits.