bad-pink-tink

Photos posted today on twitter by @Pixiedust_be

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

moonloo

;D wow   ;D

That looks fantastic!!! We are staying at the DLH  this year for the first time and I am so excited! Still managing to keep it a secret from the children since June last year!

Could you tell me what time the descent of the stairs is, and is it every day?!

Getting far too excited now,

Thank you for sharing the pics!

bad-pink-tink

These are not my photos, I have yet to see this, its on my list for my next visit. From what I have found out from other posters it is usually around 4 pm. There is usually a board in DLH reception with time and character information.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

pialykke

I am also hoping to experience this on our next trip in March.
I saw somewhere, that it is only Thursday - Sunday... (So we have one chance as we leave friday at noon...)
I am heading to City Hall as soon as we get there on the Monday for info - they should have info on the Descent too I guess...?

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

moonloo

Fantastic! It looks like such good fun, thank you for the replies!!!!

dazzle_v2003

When I went last September it was only Thursday to Sunday at 4pm. If you go to the foyer of DLH which anyone can enter from the far right of the park entrance you can enter the foyer and the information of all the character happenings are on a board by the stairs. It's a lovely hotel to just explore even if you aren't staying there. I had a lovely time at the bar by Inventions.

fiyero

The last day of my trip was Thursday 30th Jan and a little before 4 a cast member came around advising that they wouldn't be doing the little show just a meet and greet in the lobby, they didn't even come down the stairs they came down in the lift  :(

dazzle_v2003

That is what happened with me but no one told us they weren't going to come down the stairs so it came to 4 o clock and no music or anything turn around and they are just walking in through the front door.

It was such a shame as it was my last day and only chance to see it and I really wanted to. Hopefully next time! I don't know why they would change it at such short notice though. It's disappointing when it happens.

Aurora1

Well at least they didn`t cancelled the whole thing and had the characters out! :-\

dazzle_v2003

That I agree with as i managed to get a picture with Donald Duck who was too busy when I last saw him in the parks so it was worth it.

The big question is will Descent of the Stairs survive after it was revealed today from November this year 2014 characters in the hotels are to be dropped.

Aurora1

I would hope so! DLH also has character meets like the others do. So for me that isn`t the same. But hats just me...

Mitchell

I'd like it if they just kept characters at DLH and dropped the rest if any need to be dropped
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: pialykke on February 08, 2014, 04:33:25 PM
I saw somewhere, that it is only Thursday - Sunday... (So we have one chance as we leave friday at noon...)
I am heading to City Hall as soon as we get there on the Monday for info - they should have info on the Descent too I guess...?

What kind of info do you expect?
La Descente is every Thursday til Sunday, it starts at 16:00 and ends at 16:30.
There's not really much more info to give, since they don't give away which characters will be there.
That's a surprise every time.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

pialykke

Quote from: DLRPWonders on February 14, 2014, 05:08:18 PM
Quote from: pialykke on February 08, 2014, 04:33:25 PM

What kind of info do you expect?
La Descente is every Thursday til Sunday, it starts at 16:00 and ends at 16:30.
There's not really much more info to give, since they don't give away which characters will be there.
That's a surprise every time.

Oh ok, that's the bit I was hoping for... Didn't know they kept it a surprise...  ::)  Thanx.

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

BoristheSpider

It's called Magical Moment, I went on Thursday & there was no descent just characters meeting but it was good watching them all pop out around the room :-)

On the Friday they had decorated the stairs with a few hearts & two girls in red came down so I was hopeful for something a bit different with it being Valentine's but it was Mickey, Minnie, Pluto & Goofy but they all had lovely costumes on so it was still nice even though no special characters were involved xx