Guided Tours

Started by Laurence, January 13, 2014, 12:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurence

Firstly, apologies if all of this has been answered before. I did a little search and couldn't find a recent topic.

I'm off to DLP again in just under 3 weeks time and have heard about the guided tours that are offered. 

Has anyone ever done one of these tours? If so, what did they offer?

I've read all the usual DLP books and so like to think I know a lot about the park in general so I feel that most of the things that would be pointed out I'm already aware of so would a guided tour be a waste of time?

One thing I am interested in is looking 'behind the scenes' at the rides. Do they cover any of this on the guided tour? I've heard of some people getting to see a Starspeeder on Star Tours from behind the scenes, but is this covered in every tour? Also, has anyone ever been taken backstage on any other rides, Pirates especially?

I understand that groups are normally mixed nationalities, how does this affect the language of the tour? For example, if I'm with 20 French people, would I still appreciate the whole tour?

Finally, I know that you have to book at City Hall for a tour. Do you do this the day that you would like a tour or does it need to be booked a few days in advance? Also, does anyone know the latest prices?

Many thanks in advance.

bad-pink-tink

I tried to do this on my last trip at Christmas. We were there for 4 days and I went to Town Hall on our first day. The tours are in different languages, so we could have had a tour in English. Unfortunately there were no English tours on the days we were there. The tours start at Town Hall and depending on the size of the group are tailored to what you are interested in.  I'm trying to remember but I think it was around 12 Euros per adult and would last about 2 hours.

I would advise going straight to Town Hall when you first get there, that way you will have a better chance of booking a place.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

DLRP Roundup!

Do the tour, you'll enjoy it :)

2 and a half hours, €20 per person, free pin too.

English is offered every second day, you'll see a star speeder behind the scenes but nothing else behind the scenes.

There's a WDS one as well but from what I can tell only runs on certain seasons as it doesn't while were here, it includes a look at Tower of Terror.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

mnewcourt

Do the tour. You will never look at the park again the same. The detail that has gone into it is amazing. No real backstage stuff but I don't I want to do that if it was offered.

You can also use this email address to inquire for a guided tour dlp.relations.vip@disney.com or use this telephone number +33 (0) 1 64 74 21 26