New Meal Plans - Summer 2014

Started by daddyof2, December 21, 2013, 05:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddyof2

OK, after saying I wasn't going to book/pay for any meals up front, I thought they might actually be a good idea. However, I looked at the new meal plans (as detailed in the summer 2014 brochure) and think that the only one I'd want is the premium one, so that we could go a la carte in the restaurants rather than the set menu option. It is a lot more expensive than the plus option - £20 a day more - so I'm not sure if we'd benefit. We're unlikely to be doing the Buffalo Bill's Wild West show, so is there any point?

SamT

Do you have any discounts, like a annual passport or shareholders card?

daddyof2

ed-uk

Sounds quite confusing to me these meal plans and we've been going to DLP for 20 years. We never book pay for meals up front but we do benefit from the shareholders club discount. Not much help i know.
Ed & David

daddyof2

Ed, please adopt me so I can share your discount  ;D

ed-uk

Ed & David

tubbsy

LOL!
TBH, if you're happy to just pay for your meals as you go, then maybe the meal plans arent for you.
But we know that when we go, we havent got to pay for food. We always go premium but eat at all restaurants. Which might sound a bit mad, but we have a child who eats like an adult, so when we eat at Steakhouse, he can have an adult meal, with no extra to pay. And we eat at Inventions, where he can certainly eat more than his 19 year old sister, especially in prawns!
I am intrigued by the afternoon tea treat listing on the premium menus and would love to know what thats all about.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

SVioletS

Tubbsy, the afternoon treat is a hot/cold drink and a small cake (madalene, brownie, doughnut, something like that). It is available on the 3 meal plans standard, plus and premium . Not available on the new plan for dinner at the hotel buffet.

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

DLRP Roundup!

If you do take the vouchers, you don't need to stick to the set menu, you just pay any difference, most I paid with starter, main, dessert, drinks was €4.

That was with plus.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

swisstony101

Hi Trekkie101,
On the meal plans if you order off the menu using face value instead of set menu do you have to order starter main and dessert or  could you order main and dessert instead?
Many thanks.

haribosmum

Can order just main and dessert.  They literally just total the bill for whatever you've paid for and then use the value of the voucher towards it.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: swisstony101 on March 05, 2014, 04:00:50 PM
Hi Trekkie101,
On the meal plans if you order off the menu using face value instead of set menu do you have to order starter main and dessert or  could you order main and dessert instead?
Many thanks.

As haribosmum said, they'll just take it off the total.

No matter what you order in the buffet/table service restaurants, it'll just take the value of the voucher off.

However if you were to use a voucher in a counter service location, the total only comes off one of the set meal deals rather than off two set meals - however this is an edge case and normally you won't bump into this, and as far as I know its the only thing you can't do.
The Roundup

Livvipivvi

Quote from: Trekkie101 on March 05, 2014, 08:57:51 PM
Quote from: swisstony101 on March 05, 2014, 04:00:50 PM
Hi Trekkie101,
Many thanks.

As haribosmum said, they'll just take it off the total.

No matter what you order in the buffet/table service restaurants, it'll just take the value of the voucher off.

However if you were to use a voucher in a counter service location, the total only comes off one of the set meal deals rather than off two set meals - however this is an edge case and normally you won't bump into this, and as far as I know its the only thing you can't do.

We've got HB Plus for our visit in May, so am also interested in this.

Hiya Trekkie, maybe I'm being stupid, but I don't understand what you mean when you say that the total only comes off one of the set meal deals, rather than two  :-[ lol.  We've never been to DLP before so am clueless to how things work, but I was thinking of using some of our vouchers in counter service places at their face value. Could tell us how it works please and where this rule applies?

TIA :D  x

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

DLRP Roundup!

Not a problem,

In the counter service restaurants, there are "set menus"

ie:Cheeseburger, chips, cake, drink = €12

If you buy two of those, brining the total to €24, you cannot use one voucher(face value €25) to pay for it, you'd need to use two.

If your HB Plus, skip the counters, do the buffets or tables and get the full value.
The Roundup

Livvipivvi

Quote from: Trekkie101 on March 13, 2014, 07:36:25 PM
Not a problem,

In the counter service restaurants, there are "set menus"

ie:Cheeseburger, chips, cake, drink = €12

If you buy two of those, brining the total to €24, you cannot use one voucher(face value €25) to pay for it, you'd need to use two.

If your HB Plus, skip the counters, do the buffets or tables and get the full value.

Fab, thank you very much Trekkie  :D . I'll keep our vouchers for our evening meals to get the best out of them.

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!