Hotel Santa Fe ... refurb??

Started by sarahh83, September 13, 2013, 07:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahh83

When is the refurb expected to be completed by? We stayed at Cheyenne last December and are going to book up this weekend to go to DLP again in February 2014. This time im tempted to go to Santa Fe but only if all rooms will be refurbed
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

lauralouisemidwinter

Hiya, I stayed at the Santa Fe in one of the Rio Grande rooms when I went back in March of this year and the room we stayed in was fully refurbished. I was told by Disney on twitter that it would be finished this summer so I would thing it has now been completed and that will be fine going next February :D
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT

amanda08

Yes, the refurb is now 100% complete and getting great reviews :-)
We are staying there for the first time since 2009 in february next year and looking forward to it :)

sarahh83

all booked for santa fe Rio Grande room ..... whats the difference between these rooms and the standard or elderado i think he said

cant wait my little boy is cars obsessed so hes gonna love it
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

amanda08

Hi Sarah

Not sure which is which, but one is closer to the river and so closer to the parks if walking and the other is closer to the reception/restaurant and the shuttle bus

amanda08

Just checked and the Elderado rooms are the ones closest to reception etc

cherryslush

I'm going on the 21st Oct (just 5 weks to go!) and staying at the Santa Fe as my son is Cars crazy! Super excited as this is our first Disney trip. Can't wait as all the reviews of the new and improved Santa Fe have all been great.
If you can dream it, you can do it!

sarahh83

Quote from: cherryslush on September 16, 2013, 02:57:46 AM
I'm going on the 21st Oct (just 5 weks to go!) and staying at the Santa Fe as my son is Cars crazy! Super excited as this is our first Disney trip. Can't wait as all the reviews of the new and improved Santa Fe have all been great.

ahhh hun you will have to let me know what its like, my son is cars crazy, its more than obsession its a way of life now haha!! you must must must take your boy to the stunt show at disney studios park bit, but check the timetable and go when its the lightning mcqueen one. my little boy started getting a bit bored/fidgety then mcqueen came out .... OMG his face was amazing, just pure delight!

Ravenseye

IMHO it's a good refurb of rooms and hallway carpets. That's about it though. The sign for our section of the 'blocks' (the fish) was filthy, green, dirty mouldy looking and alot of the lighting on the 'new' trimming around the top of the blocks was out. In fact three of the lightbulbs around our bathroom mirror were out too, it's a nice addition but what is the point of adding these touches if they are not 'repaired'? That was our third stay there and it had a moreDisneyfied feel to it, but we won't be staying there again, partly because breakfast(and yes, we went early, 07.15!) is a ZOO!!!
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

once.upon.a.dream

we stayed in the blocks close to reception in March this year and it was looking really good, best since we started visiting :) love the new refurb!
DLP offsite July 2009, DLP Santa Fe Jan 2010, DLP Santa Fe March 2011, WDW All Stars Movies Sept 2011, DLP Santa Fe Sept 2012, DLP Santa Fe April 2013, DLP Newport Bay Dec 2014

Next trip - DLP Disneyland Hotel December 2015

cherryslush

We stayed in the Santa Fe just last week, the hotel is basic but the room was spotless, comfortable and my son loved the Cars theme. To be honest we spent very little time in the room so I was glad we hadn't paid for a hotel room with more on offer as we wouldn't have had time to use the facilities. The beds were comfortable, we requested additional pillows from reception which arrived at the room within minutes. The bathroom was small, plenty of hot water and again spotless. There is a kettle in the room but no mugs/tea bags etc. You can purchase a tea basket from reception for €12. I am a complete tea jenny (32 weeks pregnant and nothing better than a mug of tea and putting my feet up!) so ended up buying a mug from the gift shop and tea bags from the petrol station next to the hotel. The petrol station next to the hotel is ideal for picking up water/juice for the room or snacks. It was cheaper than the hotel shop. It also sells UHT milk, my 3yr old son still likes a milk before bedtime so we would pick up a carton on the way back to the room, one downside is there is no small fridge in the room to keep milk cool.
The reception staff were friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was chaotic but no worse than other package holidays. Get in early and it's not so bad. Good choice of breads, cheese, cold meats, pastries and croissants, cereals etc. Just a standard continental set up and enough to get you started for the day.
The hotel was about a 15min walk to the disney Village, but I'm not the speediest walker at the minute and my son enjoyed stopping and taking pictures and looking at stuff. The shuttle service is good and has you at the park in minutes. We are hoping to return but with a new baby and my son starting school think it may be 18 months before this happens :-( but we will book the Santa Fe again as it was good value for money. A good holiday was had by all!
If you can dream it, you can do it!