toddler now too big for a cot - HNY

Started by haribosmum, October 15, 2013, 01:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haribosmum

we're booked to go to Hotel New York next February - 3 adults, a 6 yr old and 2 yr old.  We have a Plaza room and requested a cot.  But the 2 yr old has now moved out of a cot into a bed and not sure how she'd be going back into one.  I 'think' I read on the forum somewhere that you can ask for a camp/trundle type bed, has anyone any experience of this? 
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

gemma2806

Yes this happened to me. I booked a Montana Lake View Room at Sequoia Lodge last year and advised Disney when I booked that my son would need a cot. 6 months later he was in his own bed and despite my travel agent advising Disney of this and requesting a room with 2 double beds, the hotel never received the request.

Upon arrival we had been given a room with a Kingsize bed and travel cot which was no good to us and the hotel advised us that they had no Montana Lake View rooms with 2 double beds available. They therefore said if we were happy with this that they would instead remove the cot and replace it with a trundle bed. As it turned out this bed was really comfy and it fit very easily at the foot of our bed. Our room in this instance however was larger than a standard room and so the bed could easily fit in. The HNY tends to have rooms with 2 double beds and trying to fit a trundle bed in one of these rooms may well be a squeeze if not impossible.

The hotel may request that your two children share a bed if this is an option. If not they may well agree to you having a trundle bed. If you're unsure I would call the hotel directly though as you don't want to be left in a situation where a trundle bed is unavailable and there are no alternate rooms for them to accommodate you in as happened to us.

haribosmum

Thanks for info, unfortunately there are 3 adults and 2 children so we've already got the beds full.  Was wondering how much bigger the trundle bed would be to the cot and if they would be able to put it in place instead.  we don't go till Feb so will leave till a few weeks before and see what they can do.  we contacted HNY direct on our last visit so will dig out the email address :-)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

gemma2806

I can't say for sure on the size of the bed as it may be different in the different hotels but the length of the one in the Sequoia was the width of our Kingsize bed which was why it was convenient for us as it just went at the bottom of the bed.

Hope they sort it out for you!

MrsPirate

We were staying at HNY earlier this month and had the same problem. I rang the hotel a few days before, explained the situation and requested a trolley bed. The lady on reception with a little hesitant but I was persistent as I really didn't want my youngest to have to sleep on the floor for a week (there are 5 of us) and when we arrived there was a trolley bed in the room.
We moved the round table and one of the chairs to the other side of the dresser closest to the bathroom and put the bed against the wall where the table had been, that way the bed wasn't right under the window limiting window climbing temptations and gave us a bit more room.
Hope that helps.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

haribosmum

Perfect, thanks for the info.  I will call a few days before :-)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20