day trip to paris - our plans and your opinions please

Started by polar vixen, August 10, 2013, 05:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

We are finally going to Disney on 11th Sep, and are planning to do a day trip to Paris, on the Saturday.  Unfortunately I didn't realize how far in advance you have to book to get advance tickets for the Eiffel tower, which is now all sold out :( , so our plans go as follows: (I'm really nervous as it will be me and hubby, our 13yr old daughter, and sons age 8 and 4 (both with ASD), and sons age 2 and 6 weeks, so we'll have 2 kids who need to be closely watched, and 2 little ones in pushchairs, one of whom is fantastic at escaping, which is why I'm so nervous about public transport, and want to be thoroughly prepared and organized.
What we want to do is.....
Catch the train (RER?) from Disney into Paris.  Get off and do the following,:- queue for Eiffel tower if possible, go on the bateaux mooches, see the outside of the louvre, and catch the train back.  I understand the earlier we get to the Eiffel tower, the smaller the queues should be.  I've spent ages looking at websites for info, but would rather go from people's experiences, where should we get off and on trains/boats, what times would you recommend etc? Any advice would be VERY gratefully appreciated.
THANK YOU!

daddyof2

OK, I'll qualify by saying I've not got any first hand experiences but...I can recommend the website //http://www.seat61.com/ - this is widely known as just about the best guide for European rail travel. My colleague has recently been to Paris and said that everything was very expensive and that the Eiffel Tower was very busy - indeed he didn't get all the way up because of the queue. I don't think I'm stating any revelations there. Looking at my DLP guidebook, they recommend the Cityrama coach tour, who are in partnership with Disney. Apparently, they run from HNY 0945, returning 1800 and can be booked with your concierge.
If anything I've written is of help, I'll be happy

polar vixen

Didn't know they still did trips from Disney!, and I'm looking for something as uncomplicated as possible, so that sounds really helpful, THANK YOU!

polar vixen

Bumping this back up - would love some advice please!

orangarnold

My biggest piece of advice, book as many tickets for things like the Louvre and Eiffel Tower in advance. Saves the hours of queues.

The Louvre do guided tours for children on 3DS consoles for less than €5 which may be of interest