What happend to Moteurs Action ?

Started by Farbauti, June 20, 2013, 06:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farbauti

Hello there,

I'm just back from a 3 full days trip to DLP.
It was great in general but I found Moteurs Action somewhat disappointing:
Not a single car jump, no thug falling from the rooftop.

Is there a reason for this cuts?

captain rocket

I can only assume that the cuts are down to finances. I was there a few weeks ago and the show was as you described, a very poor shadow of its former self! The thug has not fallen from the roof for a couple of years now, but to take all the car jumps out of the show reduces the quality and excitement a lot. I for one, will not bother with the show again until I read on here that it has returned to something like it's former self!

Farbauti

I remeber the falling guy in Sep'2011.
I first saw the show (2002?) when even the jetski was actually part of the show. And a car was jumping over the water too, IIRC.

SoundSoldier

Yes, they cutted out a lot of it ans still seemed to get Cars into it. I understand why because to involve the kids and give it a disney stamp but still...

A lot of the action has been removed. One good thing that they did, was giving the stuntmen and women (don't know if they are in there) a shoutout and giving them a spot in the spotlight.  

I miss herby by the way :(

jenniedisney

I watched the show personally last in 2012 and all the stunts were still there (to my knowledge)

Upon our last visit 2 weeks ago, (I didn't watch the show) but due to bad weather a lot of stunts were pulled for safety reasons.

Bad weather can affect the show. Maybe this was the reason?
Been going to Disney since October 1992.
Hotels Stayed in:
Cheyenne 1992
Disneyland Hotel 1993-Present
Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel Castle Club 2007,2008,2010,2011,2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Millennium Celebration 1999-2000 in Disneyland Hotel

WDW Cast Member 2016-2017
Stayed in EVERY resort on property

benjy

Having worked on it recently, the show hasn't officially changed since the Cars addition however bad weather plays a huge part in what stunts are able to take place, as does maintenance schedules because all parts of the sets are used a number of times daily so instead of having many no show days for maintenance, they tend to do work in bits, which means that certain safety measures might be out of action, due to maintenance, meaning that a particular stunt can't happen.

With the lack of shows taking place atm, Disney will do anything to keep any permanent show going, even if that means a lower quality show.
Working xmas 2012!!! \":D\"

Farbauti

I can't blame a bad weather for the cuts. Here's a picture we took during the show.

captain rocket

I back up what Farbauti says! When I saw the show in late April there were no jumps involving cars  at all and whilst I accept maintenance is necessary, there are at least three different set ups for car jumping,
1. The ramps at the front of the stage, these were used by the motorcyclists but not the cars.
2. The set up of the lorry with the built in ramp along with the flat top lorry for the car to "bounce" off and land on the air cushion. This was all set up in the usual way, without air cushion, along with the display of flowers and veg, but all that this was used for was to hide Lightning McQueen from the public for its particularly lame display
3 The scene where the car erupts from out of the building under the large screen. Nothing here at all!
If these scenes were all dropped because of maintenance, the honest thing to do would be to close the show altogether, what I saw was a pathetic shadow of the shows I have seen in the past and a waste of 90 minutes of my life that I will never get back!

Ravenseye

Oh dear! This sounds disappointing. We will have to decide whether or not it's worth spending precious time on this during our 3 days there. We totally loved the show in it's former 'life', and i'd hate to come away feeling that we shoulda gone and done something else instead.
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

Farbauti

Quote from: "Ravenseye"Oh dear! This sounds disappointing. We will have to decide whether or not it's worth spending precious time on this during our 3 days there. We totally loved the show in it's former 'life', and i'd hate to come away feeling that we shoulda gone and done something else instead.
We had 3 days too and did WDS in 3/4 day. That is 10am to 6pm, when the park closed anyway. We managed to see Cinemagic (can't get enough of this show), TOT, Studio tram tour, RNRC, Moteurs Action and even Crush's (during the parade wait time was down to 45min).
We skipped deliberatey Armageddon and Toy story land, Animagique and Alladdin.

julesk

We saw the show for the first time this May and really enjoyed it. We have avoided it in the past due to being worried our little girl would be upset by the man on fire.

The show was great and we cant wait to go back next year. We where a little shocked that Lightening McQueen wasent in it, plus I found it more about the presenters than the stunts but after reading this, now it makes sence. Maybe next year it will be even better, fingers crossed  :D

spacemountainplatypi

Quote from: "SoundSoldier"Yes, they cutted out a lot of it ans still seemed to get Cars into it. I understand why because to involve the kids and give it a disney stamp but still...

A lot of the action has been removed. One good thing that they did, was giving the stuntmen and women (don't know if they are in there) a shoutout and giving them a spot in the spotlight.  

I miss herby by the way :(

I remember seeing herby once, when was he put in moteurs action and when was he taken out?

(and I totally think it's good they took Lightening McQueen out  =D>  )
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

Javey74

Mmmm..  :-k

Well all the stunts involving car jumps were in when I went the end of March 2012..  :o

Baddy Ramp Scene>>

Goody Wagon Scene>>

I do know that stunts are cut as previously mentioned due to weather conditions, and sometimes through other safety concerns on particular days..  :roll:

benjy

Plus they have problems with equiptment, the show is old now (considering there are at least two shows a day) so things break and because the scenary and stunt elements of the show are maintained in the US, it takes forever to sort, plus money is always a problem... Like with the Gient air cushion, it had a puncture back in November and wasn't brought back in until after Easter because it took so long for the different parks to communicate and then for the problem to be actually sorted, unfortunately the CM's on the ground have nothing to do with this, its all in the offices....
Working xmas 2012!!! \":D\"

nathalie

I wondered the same thing last week, the big thing I really missed was the jet-ski.

The Cars "scene" was boring, lol.