HELP IT IS COSTING A FORTUNE FOR 2014!!!

Started by IrishMinnie, June 13, 2013, 03:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishMinnie

I am trying to book our trip for next year, looking at the last week in March and it is costing almost double what we paid for this year. I am getting a quote on the dlp.ie site, where is the cheapest? I could cry  :(

SwipatronSparks

see if you can get on the uk site.... i know they have 2 nights 2 days free right up until the beginning of november next year you might get a better deal there =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

IrishMinnie

Thanks, am trying to get  into the site and I can't  :(

Shannon

We've just booked for the end of March through the Disneyland website and got 2 nights free and kids under 12 free as well.

Have you tried changing the country? If you go onto the website and then click on a link (just anything like the 'disney parks') and then scroll down to the bottom and it says change your country. Or you could try to ring up and book :)

[size=85]June 2012 - Santa Fe
March 2013 - Cheyenne - (Trip Report)
March/April 2014 - Cheyenne[/size]

IrishMinnie

Quote from: "Shannon"We've just booked for the end of March through the Disneyland website and got 2 nights free and kids under 12 free as well.

Have you tried changing the country? If you go onto the website and then click on a link (just anything like the 'disney parks') and then scroll down to the bottom and it says change your country. Or you could try to ring up and book :)

How much did you get it for Shannon . I am looking for two nights in Sequoia and it is coming out at about €1000,00  :shock:

Elaine

Quote from: "IrishMinnie"
Quote from: "Shannon"We've just booked for the end of March through the Disneyland website and got 2 nights free and kids under 12 free as well.

How much did you get it for Shannon . I am looking for two nights in Sequoia and it is coming out at about €1000,00  :shock:

if you are only after 2 nights, there won't be any discounts on the price - you need to be staying at least 4 nights to get the good deals on the UK version of the DLP website for March at the moment, as the deal is 2 nights and days free when you pay for 2 nights, plus kids under 12 go free.

IrishMinnie

Ah I see! I only want three days this time do you think I would have any luck getting a deal?

SwipatronSparks

It might pay you to wait a little while and see what the next offers are..... But then offers very rarely have an effect on 2 night stays unless its a 1 night 1 day free offer which doesnt come along very often
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

IrishMinnie

I will see what 3 nights is coming out at.

Shannon

Quote from: "IrishMinnie"

We're staying the Cheyenne for 4 nights and we paid around £450, and it was the same price as going for 3 nights as then you'd only get one night free. It was about £150 more for the Sequoia if I remember correctly. If you don't want to go for that long then I think you might have to wait a while to book as that offer doesn't end until August I think!

[size=85]June 2012 - Santa Fe
March 2013 - Cheyenne - (Trip Report)
March/April 2014 - Cheyenne[/size]

IrishMinnie

Thanks, I am defo looking a t 3 nights in Sequoia, we did Cheyanne this year and fancy a change so will see what Aug brings, fingers crossed!

littlebitofpixiedust

We're staying at the sequioa sept (this yr) for 4 nights/5days and it was £360 pp (2 adults) in each room we always book Eurostar directly and got seats for £69 but u have too book way in advance don't use the online website ring Eurostar directly as they don't always have the fares available online so far in advance but they do over the phone? Odd I know! Good luck! The sequioa is lovely but last time we splashed out and stayed at the Disneyland hotel for only £500 pp for 4 nights so we've been a bit spoilt lol! They used to do offers for 2nights long ago but lately theyre doing the 2days free ect. We've been going twice a year for 5 years now! And a few times before that :) its now bambi theme in the sequioa wich I look forward to seeing!

IrishMinnie

Quote from: "littlebitofpixiedust"We're staying at the sequioa sept (this yr) for 4 nights/5days and it was £360 pp (2 adults) in each room we always book Eurostar directly and got seats for £69 but u have too book way in advance don't use the online website ring Eurostar directly as they don't always have the fares available online so far in advance but they do over the phone? Odd I know! Good luck! The sequioa is lovely but last time we splashed out and stayed at the Disneyland hotel for only £500 pp for 4 nights so we've been a bit spoilt lol! They used to do offers for 2nights long ago but lately theyre doing the 2days free ect. We've been going twice a year for 5 years now! And a few times before that :) its now bambi theme in the sequioa wich I look forward to seeing!

That is a good price for Sequoia, who did you book through? Can't do eurostar, am in Ireland!

littlebitofpixiedust

Oh dear! Well that'll cost you a fair bit then! Through their website we always go in march and September every year and the sept one I booked in April I hope u get the cost down but as others have said its cheaper to go for longer wich is annoying if u have only 3 days available I wanted a short break as my son is at school now but I'm not paying more for less days lol so it's 5days it is then!