First Time Going to Disneyland Paris

Started by Narnia Fan, May 20, 2013, 09:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narnia Fan

Hi, everyone!  This is Narnia Fan from the USA! I am new to the DLRP Forum, so I'm glad to be on here because I am taking interest in going to Disneyland Paris for January 2014.  I know this is quite early but I am posting early on here because this trip that I'm taking interest for has to do with studying abroad.  I'm a college student and I'm planning to study abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark for the month of January 2014 (3 weeks) as part of a course my college will be offering.

From what I've been told, after I finish the course, I can a spend a day or two at Paris by taking an additional flight from Denmark.  Hence, go to Disneyland Paris.  Since I am a student, I am going definitely on budget as much as possible for this trip.  But for now, as a newcomer, I would like to learn about Disneyland Paris!

This is going to be my very first time going to Denmark and Paris.  I've been looking at the park's official site and I'm glad that they now have the option of purchasing tickets online which can be printed.  So I'm definitely looking into doing that since I can do it in advanced.  I'm also looking at their discount options for those who purchase in advanced.  So I might look at the hopper tickets to visit both parks.

Anyway, I've been told that it's really cold in January in Paris.  Can anyone confirm me this?  What kind of clothes should I wear to the park?  

As for hotel accommodations, I would like to preferably stay at a hotel where I can spend from 100-150 U.S. dollars a night (I think that's about 77.83 Euros if Google's money converter is correct).  Of course, the cheaper, the better.  Anyone know of some affordable hotels where I can stay at?  Also, the hotels don't have to necessarily be *Disney hotels* as long as they are really close to the park.  

For food and dining, I was told by someone that the French really enjoy having long lunches.  So I thought that I can maybe go instead for a quick food service as part of my lunch.  Any recommendations?  As for dinner, I definitely would like to eat at a restaurant perhaps at the Blue Lagoon but of course that will depend on budget.  Any recommendations on where to have dinner?

From the details I have so far with regards to the Denmark trip, our course ends on January 20th.  So I definitely would like to head out to Paris on that day or the following day depending how they mean *end*.  According to this course, we will be staying over at the Dan Hostel during our time in Denmark:  http://www.danhostel.dk/en/hostel/danho ... hagen-city

So I understand this is a lot of information, so feel free to take your time since I still have time to plan.  As for other things, I have basic proficiency in French.  So hopefully that will make the journey more exciting even though I'm not fully fluent in French.  So any help or advice you can pass me on will be greatly appreciated!  I will keep adding more questions depending on how the thread goes!  I look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you for all your help!

EmilieK

Regarding the weather, I don't know where in the states you are from but january in northern europe is usually in my expirience the coldest month. My guess is the weather will be around 0 to -10 degrees celsius and windy in copenhagen and a few degrees warmer if lucky in paris. You will probably need the same sort of chlothes for both places. Long wool or syntetic undies are a must.
On hotels, I would look at the hotels in val de marne for cheap hotels, there is an etap and a ibis there both cheap chane hotels, but I would think you will save more money with buying a package at a disney hotel when staying of season than buying hotel and tickets separate.

Narnia Fan

Thank you so much for the info!  Yeah, we got the warning that it's going to be very cold in Denmark!  And yeah, you do have a point on the Disney hotel package!  So I'm considering that idea.

captain rocket

Welcome to the forum! You will find a wealth of information here!
January will be very cold, dress in layers!
I see Elaine has replied to another of your posts, but it seems that you will only be in Paris for a couple of days and I assume you will be travelling alone?
You will need to do some serious price comparisons, Disney packages are quite expensive, but January is most definitely not peak season! and deals do come along at that time!
The only hotels within sensible walking distance are the on site Disney ones, but there are four partner hotels about two miles from the parks served by a regular free shuttle bus service. These hotels represent much better value than the Disney ones and are all good quality. These hotels are Kyriad,Magic Circus,Dream Castle and Explorers. Prices for these hotels are on the Disney site, but can usually be booked Cheaper on sites such as Expedia, Travel Republic etc. I have made over 25 visits to DLRP and always book the cheapest hotel I can find! You only sleep in your hotel after all!
Keep the questions coming!

captain rocket

Forgot, you will find this site www.dlrpmagic.com invaluable.

Narnia Fan

Thanks for the welcome and advice Captain Rocket!  Yeah, I'm going solo to Disneyland Paris and I'm only staying for a couple of days at the most since I need to return back before classes for the spring semester begin (January 30th).  So I'm looking to staying around January 23rd or 24th, just after my January class ends.  Silly question here but does it actually snow during late January at Disneyland Paris?

EmilieK

It might and it might not, let's just say that it has happend before.

Narnia Fan

Okay!  Cool!  Thanks!

captain rocket

If it does snow and the park remains open, you are going to have some photos that none of your friends will have from the American Parks!

Narnia Fan

Very true!  (: