Requesting a specific room at the Cheyenne

Started by ilovedisneylandparis, December 28, 2012, 10:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovedisneylandparis

I asked a question a few months ago about whether we'd be able to request a certain room in Wyatt Earp at the Cheyenne (just because we loved it so much in 2011) and a few people seemed to think that that would be okay, and that the rooms are allocated about a week in advance.

I called DLP up to ask the question but was told that the rooms are in fact allocated on the day - the lady I spoke to said that we can ask for our favourite room when we check in, if we really want to, but that the chances of it being available are obviously quite low.

I'm just wondering whether you reckon it's still a good idea to call up a week or a few days in advance, just to ask the question again and see if there's any chance of a note being put by our booking or anything? Not sure if I'm asking too much though and I don't want to be a pain and ignore what I've already been told. Thank you guys  :D

captain rocket

Never listen to anything you are told over the phone and don't believe that what they say is final! The allocation of rooms does happen "on the day", but it is always worthwhile making a specific request, hell, the worst that can happen is they ignore it. The best that can happen is you get the room you wanted! Maybe first specify the actual room number, and ask them if that is not available could you have any room for in Wyatt Earp

Elaine

i ALWAYS call the hotel direct about a week before we go to DLP onsite, to ask for my preference of room. A note is made on the booking at that time by the hotel, and so far each request I have made has been accommodated. I phoned Guest Services at DLP once to ask about this - the list of booking names and dates etc is provided to each hotel 3 days before check-in date, and thats when they start allocating the room numbers to specific bookings.

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: "captain rocket"Never listen to anything you are told over the phone and don't believe that what they say is final! The allocation of rooms does happen "on the day", but it is always worthwhile making a specific request, hell, the worst that can happen is they ignore it. The best that can happen is you get the room you wanted! Maybe first specify the actual room number, and ask them if that is not available could you have any room for in Wyatt Earp

Thanks captain rocket :D Very true, I didn't think of it like that but you're right, at least if I ask I know I gave it a go and there's a chance we might get our room, as opposed to not calling at all and knowing that we definitely won't get it!

Quote from: "Elaine"i ALWAYS call the hotel direct about a week before we go to DLP onsite, to ask for my preference of room. A note is made on the booking at that time by the hotel, and so far each request I have made has been accommodated. I phoned Guest Services at DLP once to ask about this - the list of booking names and dates etc is provided to each hotel 3 days before check-in date, and thats when they start allocating the room numbers to specific bookings.

Thankyou Elaine :D That's interesting to know - maybe the people on the phone just try to discourage it for some reason? I guess even if they are a bit iffy about it I can just request that they make a note on my booking, it's good to know that you have had your requests met!

Thanks again both, glad to hear that there is a chance we can get our favourite room!  :D/

andlorna

Just out of interest what room is it and why so special. Just being nosey hope you dont mind.
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

ilovedisneylandparis

I can't remember the exact room number off the top of my head but it's written down in our Disney scrapbook :D It was basically the exact same as any other room but it happened to be at the end of the corridor, furthest away from the stairs, and that meant it was so lovely and peaceful, we barely heard another person the entire time we were there.

The time after that, we were at the other end of the corridor nearest the stairs and had a lot of trouble sleeping because of hearing people walking up the stairs and slamming the door :( So we just missed the room from the first time and figured we may as well request it if we can :)

ilovedisneylandparis

Hi guys, I sent a letter to the Cheyenne about a month ago now, requesting this room we are hoping to get. I've not heard back from them so far - would you say this is expected?

I was going to call and see if they got it but not sure if it's pointless because of the woman I spoke to last time who said "We don't take room number requests" - do you think I should just wait until a week or so before we leave, and call then?

littlebitofpixiedust

Wonder if each hotel has different rules? I emailed the sequioa lodge last week regarding having 2 ground floor adjoining rooms (as my sons disabled) and I got a quick polite response saying to email them one week prior to arrival as that's when they allocate rooms.
I asked for a ground floor in the Disneyland hotel also for our stay in march and they granted us that then also with our own little terrace! Good luck with the Cheyenne :)

Elaine

Quote from: "geekyjo"Hi guys, I sent a letter to the Cheyenne about a month ago now, requesting this room we are hoping to get. I've not heard back from them so far - would you say this is expected?

I was going to call and see if they got it but not sure if it's pointless because of the woman I spoke to last time who said "We don't take room number requests" - do you think I should just wait until a week or so before we leave, and call then?

so have you actually phoned the Cheyenne hotel at all?

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: "Elaine"so have you actually phoned the Cheyenne hotel at all?

No I haven't - I called the DLP helpline/booking line a few months ago asking if you could request a room and for some reason they said no, but obviously I asked on here and you guys said I could :) So I sent a letter direct to the Cheyenne asking for this room, hoping they'd make a note by my booking in advance, and then thought I'd call them about a week before, but just wanted to check you think that's okay?

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: "littlebitofpixiedust"Wonder if each hotel has different rules? I emailed the sequioa lodge last week regarding having 2 ground floor adjoining rooms (as my sons disabled) and I got a quick polite response saying to email them one week prior to arrival as that's when they allocate rooms.
I asked for a ground floor in the Disneyland hotel also for our stay in march and they granted us that then also with our own little terrace! Good luck with the Cheyenne :)

Aw thankyou :) That sounds like a good plan - I'm glad you got a good response! The lady I spoke to said they only allocate them on the day but I'm pretty sure she was fibbing or mistaken, haha. So was planning to just call a week before anyway and speak to someone directly at the Cheyenne but I thought a letter beforehand might be a good idea, too.

Elaine

Quote from: "geekyjo"
Quote from: "Elaine"so have you actually phoned the Cheyenne hotel at all?

No I haven't - I called the DLP helpline/booking line a few months ago asking if you could request a room and for some reason they said no, but obviously I asked on here and you guys said I could :) So I sent a letter direct to the Cheyenne asking for this room, hoping they'd make a note by my booking in advance, and then thought I'd call them about a week before, but just wanted to check you think that's okay?

its absolutely fine to call the hotel direct about a week before you check in with room requests - as I said before, thats what I always do.

ilovedisneylandparis

Thanks!

ilovedisneylandparis

Hi guys, just wanted to say a big thankyou to everyone who helped me with this. I called the Cheyenne on Monday and was told to call back 5 days in advance, so called first thing this morning and spoke to a really helpful CM who has booked us in with the room we wanted! Hooray :D

gemmasteele84

glad you got the result you wanted :)