nappies!

Started by Cath82, May 03, 2012, 12:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cath82

Hi,

We're planning to go July this year when our baby will be nearly 5 months. Just wondering if there's anywhere on site that sells nappies and other baby essentials in case we run out. We're planning on staying at sequoia lodge.

Thanks

ford prefect

Hotel shops do sell nappies, but they are usually newborn and 7 months.

The station shop sells them, but the sizes vary.  

The supermarket (Auchan) in Val D'europ does sell them.  It is only 5 mins on the train.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

gingajen

They can be bought at the resort, but they are silly expensive.

jonathan

What about the Geant convenience store in the train station? I never checked last year but I was hoping they sold nappies or for my children pull ups are needed as its toilet training time.  Does anyone know if the shop is open til late in the evening?

I feel the Disney Village could benefit from a 'normal' shop that sold nappies, toiletries and personal items.  If there is such a shop Ive missed it and would love to know where It is lol   :D

MrsPirate

Quote from: "jonathan"I feel the Disney Village could benefit from a 'normal' shop that sold nappies, toiletries and personal items.  If there is such a shop Ive missed it and would love to know where It is lol   :D

Totally agree, we didn't take sun cream one year as rain was forecast and it turned out really hot and sunny and couldn't find anywhere to buy some.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

Vegitabeta

That is odd, I thought that the hotel shops sold sun cream.

bellefan75

There are two Baby care centres (one in each park), and I understand they both have nappies & baby food/warming facilities available. I'll be using them for the first time on our next trip, so fingers crossed that they're in better order than the loos....(that might not be fair, we haven't been for 4 years, but the toilets often get overlooked). There's also a petrol station at the Santa Fe that might sell bits for babies. Anyway, take a packet of antibacterial wipes to give the changing tables a quick once over if necessary ;)
1996~ Santa Fe & Davy Crockett Ranch
1997~ Cheyenne
1997~ Sequioa Lodge
2005~ Santa Fe
2005~ Sequoia Lodge
2007~ Santa Fe
2008~ Newport Bay Club
2013~ Hotel Cheyenne
2016~ Hotel Cheyenne
2018~ Hotel Cheyenne

jonathan

That petrol station didnt really sell much of anthing useful last year tbh.  And as far as Im aware (I may be wrong and I usually am lol) the baby care centres dont sell a variety of styles and sizes like pull ups and not in multipacks.

Thaliel

I would suggest buying nappies in a supermarket like Intermarché or Carrefour. I think thr former should still be located at Val d'europe or you can always find one in/near paris.

I am not sure if the store at Davy Crocket sells some, but that is only accessible to Ranch guests anyways
<-Plz click

MrsPirate

Quote from: "Vegitabeta"That is odd, I thought that the hotel shops sold sun cream.

I thought they would have done too but we couldn't find any. Maybe we weren't the only ones caught out by the change in weather and the shop had sold out?

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

jonathan

Its not really useful for those who spend all their time in the resort though and dont have the opportunity to travel to thr shopping mall thing or wherever.  Sadly no matter how much one packs like nappies and stuff you always end up running out. I just take loads and loads like I did before and hope for the best.  Otgerwise Ill just call room service or the concierge and send them out for some lol! :D

Cath82

Thanks for all the replies, sorry I've only just seen them! Think I will just pack loads to be on the safe side! Good to know there's some stores in val d'europe if needed, but would rather not waste time having to make a trip there, we're only going for 3 nights and so much to do!

jonathan

Ive got 7 nights/8 days this year so lots of nappies to take methinks lol

sana_3

I used an unknown company diaper for my son few months ago.  It was unable to soak wetness from inside. I want a reliable company recommendation now.
honest company