Christmas 2012 20th-26th Dec. Day 6 Completed!

Started by kelly.dylan, November 26, 2012, 08:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeyspal

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your report and all the lovely pics to go with it, sounds like you & Dylan had a great time.
It's making me consider going back for Christmas 2013 (depending on the rest of the family as some have mentioned going to New York for Christmas this year;  we'll see who wins.)
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

perrollaz

Such a lovley trip report, thank you so much Kelly for sharing. I just bookmarked your report to come back when I need my portion of DLRP to come trough the day ;-)

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "carrydee38"Kelly
love your trip reports you have some many great photos and loven reading your report.  I do be waiting for the next installment with bated breath...so much so I tell my daughter Rachel hey xmas eve is up...christmas day is up.  Also how you managed to get photos up I tried doing with flickr but not with any sucuess you will have to pass your secret on.  Dylan is getting so grown up now, we are plainning our last trip this year as Rachel will be over 16 and well it probably last time she will want to go with her mam (it may not be soo cool ;o) ).

Dying to read the rest

Dee
Ah thanks Dee,

I can't believe how much Dylan has grown up either. I go through our Disney photos and compare the height he is against characters since we first went, it's amazing how much he's changed over the last couple of years!
I hope it's not a case of planning your last trip,  you never know, Rachel might decide Disney with her mum is cool at any age ( I want you to tell me she said that, I'm scared Dylan will say the same too)

We've got May & August booked this year and then I don't know when or if we'll be back! It actually scares me a little! We're doing WDW for Christmas 2014 so need to start some serious saving!

I upload my photos from photobucket, you can transfer a Facebook album over really quickly and then just use the link to post them in here :)

Xx
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "whenyouwishuponastar"Hi Kelly,
Your reports are fab, wish I had the time to do one.
I totally forgot to look out for you on the 21st in BBWWS! I was so busy enjoying the pre show entertainments lol.
We sat in green! And were given seets in the cat 1 area! Bonus.
What time did you arrive at Duffy on Christmas Eve? We were third in the que! My son had Duffy dancing to Gangnam Style!, it was so funny, but don't think many people in the line found it as funny as us!

Looks like you had an amazing time, wish I knew when we were going back :( I'm looking for a good deal!
Love Sarah x
Hiya Sarah,

I did think of you at BBWWS and wondered if you watched the pre show!! How funny was that Goofy, he never does that!! Did make us laugh!

We probably just missed you at Duffy's queue, as we arrived the cavalcade started so must have been 11.15

Hope you all had an amazing time too, the weather was good to us (apart from Saturdays downpour) and get another trip booked soon xx
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "BlackPearl"Really enjoyed reading your report! And so cute photos of Duffy and everthing else.
 =D>
Ah thank you, glad Duffy is growing on people slightly, he is kinda cute  :)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "mickeyspal"I thoroughly enjoyed reading your report and all the lovely pics to go with it, sounds like you & Dylan had a great time.
It's making me consider going back for Christmas 2013 (depending on the rest of the family as some have mentioned going to New York for Christmas this year;  we'll see who wins.)
Thank you. We have been for the last 3 christmas season and always loved it but actually being in Disney on Christmas Day was just magical. I felt like a big kid all over again haha!

Fingers crossed you get a Christmas trip booked x
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "perrollaz"Such a lovley trip report, thank you so much Kelly for sharing. I just bookmarked your report to come back when I need my portion of DLRP to come trough the day ;-)
Ah that's really nice, thank you! Been so busy lately but wanted to get it all up! Was definately the most magical Christmas ever!
Don't want to have to write day 7, it means its all over then :(
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "Ravenseye"Thank you for posting, your reports made me 'well up'. Crazy huh? as it's not even MY trip!!  :minnie:  
Look forward to more  :D
Ah that's lovely, it made me well up writing it, can't believe it's over but also that we've got such wonderful memories too!
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

carrydee38

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"
Quote from: "carrydee38"Kelly
love your trip reports you have some many great photos and loven reading your report.  I do be waiting for the next installment with bated breath...so much so I tell my daughter Rachel hey xmas eve is up...christmas day is up.  Also how you managed to get photos up I tried doing with flickr but not with any sucuess you will have to pass your secret on.  Dylan is getting so grown up now, we are plainning our last trip this year as Rachel will be over 16 and well it probably last time she will want to go with her mam (it may not be soo cool ;o) ).

Dying to read the rest

Dee
Ah thanks Dee,

I can't believe how much Dylan has grown up either. I go through our Disney photos and compare the height he is against characters since we first went, it's amazing how much he's changed over the last couple of years!
I hope it's not a case of planning your last trip,  you never know, Rachel might decide Disney with her mum is cool at any age ( I want you to tell me she said that, I'm scared Dylan will say the same too)

We've got May & August booked this year and then I don't know when or if we'll be back! It actually scares me a little! We're doing WDW for Christmas 2014 so need to start some serious saving!

I upload my photos from photobucket, you can transfer a Facebook album over really quickly and then just use the link to post them in here :)

Xx

wow wdw for christmas that would be fab....well trying to get funds sorted for halloween trip this year.  Its great she still wants to go but that was a bit of bribing with a trip to shopping outlet as well.  :D/

Am sure Dylan will still want to go with him mam as i tell Rachel there will always be granny places when she gets older... :lol:

:lol: Talk Soon

Dee

Ravenseye

WDW, fab!  :thumbs:  It's been way too many years since I was there but the memories are very fresh and I often think of that amazing holiday with a big smile on my face.
Have you decided where you are staying? On or off site?
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "Ravenseye"WDW, fab!  :thumbs:  It's been way too many years since I was there but the memories are very fresh and I often think of that amazing holiday with a big smile on my face.
Have you decided where you are staying? On or off site?
We're looking at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. Looks rather big to me but nothing's definate yet ;) really looking forward to it :)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

ed-uk

Nice trip report, thanks for sharing.  Christmas day seems to have been a big success with a good lunch, money well spent.,  it's the one day of the year we don't want to go wrong.
Ed & David

captain rocket

My advice, for what it's worth, is to stay at Port Orleans French Quarter, its beautifully themed and is fairly compact by WDW standards! The caribbean Beach resort is huge, not like our lovely resort hotels!
I trust you are ashamed at not riding the Tower of Terror! Next time maybe?

Ravenseye

We're looking at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. Looks rather big to me but nothing's definate yet ;) really looking forward to it :)

Hmmm yes I know what you mean, I checked out the hotels when trip planning previously and most of them are indeed vast.
The thing is even though you get to use the monorail it still takes so long to get around. That's the beauty of DLP, everythings so close. But it aint called DisneyWorld for nothing!!!  :D
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

mdw

Wow Kelly, looks like you had a great time! Dream of going at Christmas one year!

We are goin in May, your trip report has made me even more excited! I know you didn't have a good experience at the character brunch but will that still be on in May? I thought it was only cafe Mickey and princess meal that had characters now?

I have stayed at the carribean  hotel it is lovely. It is big but the buses come every 10mins and you can get the bus to each part of the hotel aswel as all the parks. Each area has it's own pool and it's own little sandy cove. You will love it!