Christmas 2012 20th-26th Dec. Day 6 Completed!

Started by kelly.dylan, November 26, 2012, 08:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelly.dylan

We've had this trip booked since June and we're so close now i could burst with excitement.

So I thought to pass the next 24 days i'd get on with a pre-trip report.  

This will be our 11th trip to Disney, 3rd during the Christmas season but 1st for christmas itself! And also our first stay in The Sequoia Lodge.

When we booked for christmas we asked my mum and dad to come but dad thinks it will be too cold (he's looking at the Disney Dream for next year). Obviously mum wasn't going to leave him on his own for christmas but we've turned her into a Disney fanatic too and she is coming with us until sat 22nd!

I've already booked all of our meals:

20th-Hunters Grill
21st BBWWS
22nd-Cafe Mickey
23rd-Steakhouse Brunch
24th-Cafe Mickey
25th-Cafe Mickey Breakfast
        -Merry Christmas Lunch
        -BBWWS
26th-Annettes

Our Christmas day seems to be a day of food!! We had booked the Merry Christmas Lunch as I wanted a reasonably traditional dinner on Christmas Day. Dylan wanted to wake up Christmas morning and have a special breakfast and then last night i seemed to get railroaded into booking BBWWS for christmas evening. Means we'll only have 5/6 hours in the park christmas day but may be a blessing if the park is mega busy.

We booked our BBWWS tickets using the link HandyAndy recommended which saved us around 100 Euros on the 5 tickets  :thumbs:

I'm really looking forward to the Merry Christmas Lunch. I hope im not disappointed as I cant find any deatils or pictures from last year :( The only details we have is that it's 12pm in the Hotel New York's Grand Ballroom with Santa Goofy and characters :D

Annette's is another one of our firsts, we've always said we'd have a meal there and gone elsewhere, as is Hunters Grill and the Steakhouse Brunch.

As for rides, we finally got on Crush in Oct. and Dylan loved it, this is on the top of our list for Thurs/Friday when hopefully the park won't be as busy [-o<

We've also agreed to give either Rock n Roller or Space Mountain a go :shock: Now I am  rollercoaster wimp but i've done Rc Racer, Crush and Indie (although im sure indie gave me whiplash)
Out of RnR and SM which is the tamer of the two? We're going to try one and then decide whether to try the other :?

ToT is another we aren't sure of, after going on Rc I got all brave and said we'd do it and Dylan (after years of asking and me saying no) chickened out. Now i'm having second thought too  :oops:

So I think thats it, if anyone has any advice for our trip i'd be really grateful :D

Kelly x
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

captain rocket

Can't help much with food etc as I've never been at Christmas.
In my opinion RNRC is slightly less "scary" than Space Mountain so I would try that first.
i am amazed you have'nt had a go on Tower of Terror after 10 visits!
I have helped a couple of other members get over that first hurdle by explaining exactly what happens on the ride. If you want me to I will PM you and talk you through exactly what happens on the ride. Let me know if you want me to do so or if you prefer the excitement of discovering the ride for yourself.

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "captain rocket"Can't help much with food etc as I've never been at Christmas.
In my opinion RNRC is slightly less "scary" than Space Mountain so I would try that first.
i am amazed you have'nt had a go on Tower of Terror after 10 visits!
I have helped a couple of other members get over that first hurdle by explaining exactly what happens on the ride. If you want me to I will PM you and talk you through exactly what happens on the ride. Let me know if you want me to do so or if you prefer the excitement of discovering the ride for yourself.
I've always found an excuse with ToT :oops: I think it's the not knowing so yes please a pm of what happens would be great :thumbs:
Thanks
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

AislingM

I agree, start with rock n roller, it's a smoother ride but if you did Indy then u should be good for SM! And you have to do TOT, it's fantastic! My fella was nearly vomiting in the q line his first time cos he was so scared but now he loves it. You only regret the things you don't do! You must be getting so excited now! The christmas lunch sounds amazing!
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "AislingM"I agree, start with rock n roller, it's a smoother ride but if you did Indy then u should be good for SM! And you have to do TOT, it's fantastic! My fella was nearly vomiting in the q line his first time cos he was so scared but now he loves it. You only regret the things you don't do! You must be getting so excited now! The christmas lunch sounds amazing!
Thats exactly how i felt queueing for Crush haha! But we only waited 15 minutes and whenever we've been before it was always at least a 90 minute wait so i had to try it! I think Captain Rocket's idea of getting fast passes is the best way so that neither of us get time to chicken out!
We've agreed to try RnR first and then decide if we want to do SM maybe on the last day!
I'm not sure how good the Christmas Lunch will be but just the 'Grand Ballroom' location sounds exciting enough!
3 weeks today, can't believe how quickly it's coming around! Just hope it slows down when we get there :D
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

never2old

Sounds like a great trip!!! I'm looking forward to reading all about it!! ;)

Definitely go for RnRC first. The scariest bit is the start, it's really fast.... But it's also a very smooth ride, I can do it a few times in a row, whereas I need a little break after one go on the Space Mountain...

For the SM, go during the EMH, so you're sure to have a short wait and not much time to over think it.... Try to keep your eyes open, there are some really nice bits ;)

And TOT is a great ride. Get a fastpass, and concentrate on the brilliant theming while you're waiting: the beautiful lobby, the library, and then the boiler room... When I did it for the first time, I found that the worst bit was waiting at the very end, just before sitting on the elevator. I was terrified! But then it's a really exhilarating ride, I was screaming and laughing at the same time!

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "never2old"Sounds like a great trip!!! I'm looking forward to reading all about it!! ;)

Definitely go for RnRC first. The scariest bit is the start, it's really fast.... But it's also a very smooth ride, I can do it a few times in a row, whereas I need a little break after one go on the Space Mountain...

For the SM, go during the EMH, so you're sure to have a short wait and not much time to over think it.... Try to keep your eyes open, there are some really nice bits ;)

And TOT is a great ride. Get a fastpass, and concentrate on the brilliant theming while you're waiting: the beautiful lobby, the library, and then the boiler room... When I did it for the first time, I found that the worst bit was waiting at the very end, just before sitting on the elevator. I was terrified! But then it's a really exhilarating ride, I was screaming and laughing at the same time!

Thanks, I had forgotten you can do SM in EMH, good idea  :thumbs:

I screamed on Rc Racer! Dylan thought it was hilarious! I think i'm worried i'll be sick on ToT haha!! Going to be brave and give it a go anyway!!

On a different note our Eurostar tickets arrived today :D/ Means its all real now :D
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

captain rocket

Hey Kelly, I was in the Santa Fe yesterday and the annoying girl on the TV said that BBWS at Christmas is a special show with a few surprises! The advert showed Santa Goofy being pulled across the arena in a sleigh! Enjoy the show.

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "captain rocket"Hey Kelly, I was in the Santa Fe yesterday and the annoying girl on the TV said that BBWS at Christmas is a special show with a few surprises! The advert showed Santa Goofy being pulled across the arena in a sleigh! Enjoy the show.
Yesterday!! Lucky you!! Yeah I had heard it was a slightly different Christmas version from 22nd so Dylan talked me into going twice this trip!
Thanks for letting me know, hope you had fun yesterday :)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

whenyouwishuponastar

Poo! I have tickets for the 21st, never mind, it the first time my kids will have seen it anyway, so will still be good for them. X can't wait to read all your report, wonder if I will be able to spot you in the parks lol

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "whenyouwishuponastar"Poo! I have tickets for the 21st, never mind, it the first time my kids will have seen it anyway, so will still be good for them. X can't wait to read all your report, wonder if I will be able to spot you in the parks lol
We've got tickets for BBWWS on the 21st too! My mum hasn't seen it before and she goes home on 22nd so let Dylan talk me into doing it twice!
Do you go on the 20th too?  You'll have to post a picture of you all and we'll look out for you. We're going by Eurostar, are you?
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

whenyouwishuponastar

Hi kelly, We are at the 9:30 show on the 21st, we arrive late on the 20th, we live in Germany at the moment so are driving from here then leave on the 24 th and drive back to uk to stay with family for Christmas. Will try a pop a pic on if I can work out how to do it lol. X

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "whenyouwishuponastar"Hi kelly, We are at the 9:30 show on the 21st, we arrive late on the 20th, we live in Germany at the moment so are driving from here then leave on the 24 th and drive back to uk to stay with family for Christmas. Will try a pop a pic on if I can work out how to do it lol. X
We're doing the same show!  Dylan's hoping to go on the red or yellow side, we seem to always get green! Yeah try and get a pic on and we can look out for you :) can't wait now its getting so close!
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

jonathan

Back to your roller coaster decision.  Neither I would cal 'scary' as such but for a 'roller coaster wimp' as you say I could undertsand that they might be.  As many have said Aerosmith is smoother than Space Mountain by about 4 million miles lol.  Space Mountain will throw you around more and tbh is quite painful- Ive always come off bruised and battered especially from the shoulder restraints!

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "jonathan"Back to your roller coaster decision.  Neither I would cal 'scary' as such but for a 'roller coaster wimp' as you say I could undertsand that they might be.  As many have said Aerosmith is smoother than Space Mountain by about 4 million miles lol.  Space Mountain will throw you around more and tbh is quite painful- Ive always come off bruised and battered especially from the shoulder restraints!
Thanks Jonathan, we're going to try RNRC first and go from there ;) hope your going to do a report when you're back! Have fun :)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad