Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattboywonder

I am seriously considering this annual passport thing for next year.  Now, if I have an annual passport but its a block out day, can I use my annual passport to get a discount on a regular ticket for that day?
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

Muttley

Hi there,

sorry if this has already been covered, but could anyone help me out with the following?

We've had Fantasy APs before (expired this year), but have a trip planned for 30th November for 4 days (3 adults and 3 children).

1. Can I order 3 Francilien passes (+ 3 free child APs) in advance, or must they be Fantasy passes? (I've read you may get temporary passes that need to be validated on the first visit, and hence Francilien would be no good).

2. Can I do this by post with the downloaded application form (i.e. is there enough time)?

3. Has anyone purchased them via FranceBillet/FNC website (I think they send you temporary passes - do they send you a free child temporary pass as well, or must you get that when you validate your own pass on site?

Thanks in advance  :D

Colin

Elaine

Hi,

There is no advantage to getting APs through the post, as they are temporary only, and are not activated until the first day you are physically present in the parks at DLRP. So if you wanted them to use for the entire duration of your next visit which begins on 30th November, Francillien would not work for you, unless you don't intend spending days 2 and 3 of your holiday at the parks.

And you can't order free childs passes through the post, as proof of the childs age (ie at least age 3, and under age 7) is needed to issue any kind of free AP in these circumstances.

Hope this helps,

Elaine

Muttley

Thanks Elaine,

I was under the impression that the postal application form was asking for both a photo and proof of age (e.g. photocopy of passport) for each applicant, so we could apply for the AP by post?

Never mind - saves worrying about it :) So it's possible to get the free U7 AP by just asking for it? And there's an AP office at the entrance now? One thing we wanted to avoid was having to queue for a ticket when we get there with 3 very excited kids :)

Thanks again for your reply.

Colin

Elaine

You can buy your new AP's, and request the free ones for the qualifying children, at Guest Services, which is to the right of the turnstiles a the gates to either the main park or the Studios. They will take your money in full there, and issue you with a receipt and a ticket to get you into the park. Sometime that same day, you take your receipt and tickets to the AP office in the park, and they will issue you with your new photo permanent APs.

Remember to ask for the free childrens APs, as the CM may not automatically offer it.

Elaine

Muttley

Thanks again Elaine - I thought guest services was inside the turnstiles at both parks? Will leave it until we get there then - just a little paranoid that they won't give the us the free child APs because we don't live in France or Belgium.

Elaine

I don't live in France or Belgium either, and got the free childs AP no problem at all  :D .
Guest Services are definitely outside the parks - at the main park the office is just past the furthest-to-the-right turnstile you can get.

Elaine

mattboywonder

I am seriously considering this annual passport thing for next year. Now, if I have an annual passport but its a block out day, can I use my annual passport to get a discount on a regular ticket for that day?

Also, if you buy a ticket at the part (an annual pass) can you get early entry the next day it its the dream pass?
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

Elaine

I don't know if you can get a discount on a park ticket using your AP if its a blackout day on your AP, sorry.

There are no blackout days on Dream APs at all, and if you buy this one day, yes, you can use it the very next day for EMH access to the park.

Elaine

Piratesfan

I also have a question about the ap's.

We have AP Dream. We are going on 1st of January 2009 to DLRP  - with my parents and my Aunt from the US. Now - can we go in on January 1st and buy them Francillien AP's (but the 1st of Jan. is a blocked out day for the francillien passports)??? It would be ok for them not to go in for the following 2 days after the purchase - but would that work anyways - if we just went in on the 1st to buy the passports and then return on the 4th again? Since we'll stay for 6 nights and since they wanna see Paris and Versailles etc., that would be ok for us. That would be less expensive anyways then buying the parkhopper tickets for 2 days...!

I would be very thankful for good tipps on how we could do that the best way!

Thank you :-)
Disney - the happiest place on earth

Elaine

Hi,

For the Francillien to work, you need to be able to activate it (ie use it as a park ticket). As the 1st Jan is a blackout day, you won't be able to activate it, and so you wouldn't be able to use it on the 1st. Same with the 2nd, as that is also a blackout day for Francillien. So, the first day you'd be able to activate a Francillien pass would be the 3rd (when you can use it as a park ticket all that day), and then you couldn't use it on the 4th or 5th.

The next pass up, the Fantasy, has no blackout days in January, and can be used as soon as its bought.

Elaine

autumnal_hedge

Someone might have asked this already, but I'm curious whether there's a calendar of when hotel discounts apply?  E.g. hotel discounts seem to range (for Dream passes) from 10-30% on 'specified dates'.  How can you know which dates you can get this 30% discount?  Is it simply on the lowest peak days?  If I ring Disney directly, can they tell me?

Cheers!
~Carrie~

Elaine

There isn't anywhere where this information is advertised I'm afraid.
However, every 3 months, as an AP holder, you get, either through the post or by email, the Envie+ magazine. This tells you how high the discounts can get in the following 3 months, and between which dates. It doesn't (with the exception of the Davy Crockett Ranch) tell you which hotel attracts which discount rate on which date. Thats where your phone call to the CMs at Disney direct come in - as they can tell you.

So, for example, the next Envie+ magazine is due out in early January 09. It will contain details of dates and percentage rate discounts for dates in January, February and March. From early January, the Disney CMs will be able to give you the same information, and in particular which hotels have which rates, on your preferred dates from January to March.

The magazine after that will do similar things for you for April, May and June.

Hope this helps,

Elaine

autumnal_hedge

QuoteSo, for example, the next Envie+ magazine is due out in early January 09. It will contain details of dates and percentage rate discounts for dates in January, February and March. From early January, the Disney CMs will be able to give you the same information, and in particular which hotels have which rates, on your preferred dates from January to March.

The magazine after that will do similar things for you for April, May and June.

That's very helpful!  Thanks Elaine :)  We've only just become members so I suspect you're right in that we'll get our first magazine when the next issue is out.  We just had such a great time last week (our first time!) that we're already planning our next trip!  

Thanks again for your help  :mrgreen:
~Carrie~

Elaine

[quote="autumnal_hedge]
 We just had such a great time last week (our first time!) that we're already planning our next trip!  
[/quote]

Its certainly an addictive place, isn't it  :D ?

Elaine