Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneyland Paris Treasures

I know I am a bit late to ask but we are leaving to DLRP on the 24th of August and decided to buy Dream APs there, so is someone interested in sponsoring us?

Thanks in advance!

pinkprincess

Hi all

I'm a newbie and was wondering if anyone can tell me the best option on buying tickets. We are going to Paris (staying about 15 mins from DLP)for a week in September and plan to spend a few days in Paris sightseeing as well as going as much as possible to DLP. There are 4 adults and 3 children under 7 years old.

Is it cheaper to buy a 4 day pass (on offer as 3 day price) or buy an annual pass. If the latter, what type of annual pass. I have also read somewhere that there is an offer for children under 7 and a free annual pass.

Sorry if you have already debated this somewhere!

Thanks

Elaine

Hi,

There are 3 kinds of annual pass.

Francillien - which is currently 89 euros (so quite a bit cheaper than a 3-day hopper pass with one extra day free). You can't use the Francillien on the 2 and 3rd day after you've bought it, and it has 60ish blackout days on it, when you can't use it as a park ticket. I'll try and find the blackout days link for you. But that pass might work for you, as you're visiting Paris and surroundings as well during your trip.
Fantasy Pass - currently 129 euros (so about the same price as a 3-day hopper pass). This has 30ish blackout days on it, but can be used straightaway and on consecutive days once you've bought it (as long as they are not blackout days). Fantasy pass gives you some discounts as well.
Dream Pass - currently 179 euros. There are no blackout days on a Dream Pass, and you get a load of restaurant and shopping discounts with the Dream Pass.

Until 7th November 2008, there is also the childs free annual pass offer. When you buy an adult annual pass (of any type) you can get a childs pass of the same type, free. The child has to be aged between 3 and 6 years old (its not available for under-3s as they don't require a park ticket anyway, and its not valid for any child aged 7 or over). You must provide proof of age for the childs pass (I used my daughters passport).

This link will give you the info on the various annual passes and their benefits -

http://dlrpmagic.com/guides/practical/annualpassports/

And this one gives you the blackout dates for the Francillien and Fantasy passes - 2008 and 2009 -

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/calendar/annua ... trictions/

Hope this helps,

Elaine

pinkprincess

Thanks for the information Elaine. You have saved us a good deal of cash! The free annual pass for young children is perfect for us as ours are 3 and 7.  

What is the sponsorship all about?

Any other advice?

:D/  :D/

:D

Elaine

Just enjoy yourselves at DLRP  :D/ ! One word of warning though - those annual passes, once you get your mitts on them, have an irritating way of making you go back to DLRP again and again, to get the most out of the passes  :-" .

I've mentioned the sponsorship on this other thread -

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5289

You can't combine getting sponsorship to buy your annual pass with the childs free pass offer. Also, if one of your children is already 7, you can't get a free pass for that child - but you can for the 3-year old.

Elaine

Mr_B

Hi,

Could someone possible post the link to where I can order the AP Passport Brochure to fill in as per the details the details below so I can order my APs via post ?

Many thanks

By Post

Order the Annual Passport Brochure online, fill out the form and provide a payment method, then send it to the Annual Passport department:
Disneyland Resort Paris - Passeports Annuels
Libre Réponse 23052
77 779 Marne La Vallée Cedex 4 - France

I checked the french website but couldn't locate it  :(

Cheers

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

shaz076

Pinkprincess, just remember to ask for the under 7 free ap offer at the ticket desk cos we made this mistake when buying them (we actually didnt know about offer) at the time.  We were raging and i got onto disney by email when we got home.
They apologised but said its an offer that has to be asked for "upon demand".  We were very disappointed because we were a group of 4 adults and 5 children so it would have saved us a lot of money.  We are going back in september and as a gesture of goodwill they said they have contacted the hotel we are staying in and asked them to "look after us", whatever that means.

Elaine

Hi mr B,

I can't help with the postal forms, sorry.
But I wondered if you were aware that the temporary Annual Passes you will get sent by post have to activated (ie everyone you have bought APs for postally have to go in person to DLRP) within 30 days of you getting the temporary Passes? It really isn't a hassle or a time-consuming process to just get them in person at DLRP, so I don't really think there is any advantage to getting a posted temporary pass.

Elaine

Mr_B

Quote from: "Elaine"Hi mr B,

I can't help with the postal forms, sorry.
But I wondered if you were aware that the temporary Annual Passes you will get sent by post have to activated (ie everyone you have bought APs for postally have to go in person to DLRP) within 30 days of you getting the temporary Passes? It really isn't a hassle or a time-consuming process to just get them in person at DLRP, so I don't really think there is any advantage to getting a posted temporary pass.

Elaine

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for this - I wasn't aware of that but thanks :-)

I just wanted the easiest way possible to get them (2 adults / 2 children) ;-)
I thought it would be easier to get them before and then book my hotel with the AP discount applied etc.

But it sounds as if it would be easier to get them when we arrive at the gates. Just to confirm that Dream Pass APs have no restrictions on use straight after purchase do they ?

Many thanks for your help.

Mr_B

Elaine

Thats right, Dream Passes have no restriction dates at all.
You need a permanent pass also to be able to book rooms at the AP rate, so your temporary posted passes wouldn't work for that.

Elaine

Mr_B

So in essence we'd all need to visit DLRP first anyway to get our permanent APs before we could take advantage of the discounts at the Disney Hotels ?

Many thanks,

Mr_B

Elaine

Thats it Mr B,

A lot of people find it more financially advantageous to book an offsite hotel for the visit where you intend buying your annual passes. After you have your annual pass, you can then use it to get AP room discount at onsite hotels, for future visits.

Elaine

Nicholas-c

since i got my annual pass i have stayed off site in val d'europe, alot cheaper ;)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Mr_B

Thanks everyone for your help  :)

It looks like our next trip will be to a non disney hotel until we buy our APs.

Mr_B

captain rocket

Hi Mr B
When do you plan to travel to DLRP?
If it is before Novemeber are you aware that if you are sponsored by an existing AP holder you get a 10% reduction on the cost? You just have to take a form with you and get it stamped and return it to your sponsor to get the discount.I would be happy to sponsor you as I get an extension to my AP when I sponsor three new members so let me know and I will mail you the form (I got the form thanks to Elaine who is an absolute mine of info regarding AP's!

Hope to hear from you