Phantom Manor's refurbishment

Started by Ezra, September 29, 2012, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain rocket

Just home form DLRP and noticed a few things on Phantom Manor for Ezra.
In the stretching room I don't usually pay much attention, but I looked around this time and the Phantom is involved in the hanging scene, I don't remember this from before.
madame Leotta's table is floating and the walls behind the doom buggies have a  glowing light effect.
The coffins are all working  again but the mayor is not. they have installed a door so you can't see him at all! The Phantom on the right at the end of the ride has lost his hat!
There could be more, but I'm no expert!

Ezra

Thanks for the info! The Phantom has always been there but he is often hard to spot because of dust accumilating on the scrim.

And what do you mean... a door? O_O Wha... why!? I hope they fix him and not just leave it like that...

I think the Phantom at the end hasn't had his hat since the year before, but I'm not certain.

That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...

captain rocket

What do i mean by a door?..... well its a door! You cannot see the mayor at all.

DGRavenswood

Actually, the Phantom at the end never wore a hat; if you follow the Disney and More link above you'll see this was already the case in the concept art.

Since the mayor is standing right next to the track, where exactly is that door located...?
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

RockNRoller

Wonder if the Mayor is just gone for a refurbishment and its the door on the building behind him?
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Ezra

Hmmm... a lot of folks kept going on about them removing his hat though... o_O Odd if he didn't have one anyhow! lol XD

And yeah that's what I thought was odd... where is the door placed so that it blends in with the surroundings? I mean there can't just be a door right next to the track for no reason. o_o

@RockNRollar: That's what I was thinking too.

captain rocket

The mayor was definiteley not there. I thought he was in a building, but when I look on my photos I see he was in front of the building that seemed to have a temporary door on it.

DisneyManiac

When I went, the Manor had a LOT of changes, 3 I think...

1 The Stretching Room scene: The Phantom is more visible, better lighting effects have been added!

2: The Mayor: He seemed to become a ghost and fly away! Not traces of him! No door! Just...nothing!

3: I was sitting on the rocks next to the Riverboat Landing, evening, when I noticed flashes going off in the grassy area in front and queue line of the manor! Is this a new effect to represent lightning? Or is has it always been there? I gotta admit it was really clever! Added mystery to the manor!

DGRavenswood

You're right, the lightning is new.

The Phantom being more visible is generally the case after a decent rehab; unfortunately it rarely lasts longer than a few months. I'd hope they'll find a more permanent solution when/if they update the attraction.

PS: Ravenswood Manor is back online with new pages and new design. Enjoy and let me know what you think! (Not here, maybe. I don't want to hijack the thread.)
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

Ezra

Hmmm, I hope they can sort it out soon then. o_o

Anyhow as I said before great new layout for the site! Shame the site doesn't have that pic of Ezra on it anymore; I really liked that photo. ^_^; But other than that it looks fantastic! Love the style you have used. :mrgreen:

DisneyManiac

Happy Halloween! Have a spooktacular day!

Ezra

I was supposed to have a costume this year, but do you know how difficult it is to find a old-fashioned (1800s style) visor? o_o Even eBay doesn't have them... just modern ones.

Anyhow; happy Halloween! :mrgreen: I'm sure the residents of the Manor and Phantom Canyon will be more active tonight eh? ;)

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

It's quite odd not seeing the Mayor. I rode a second time just to make sure I hadn't imagined it!
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

Karen

Just back from DLRP and my multiple rides on Phantom manor, there were a few things I noticed.  The mayor is still missing, the Phantom at the end is now just rattling his mouth with no sound, and as you approach Melanie weeping at her dressing table the sound recording makes a loud click and the track starts again, but, since our previous trip I loved that the fountain with the spooky light in the queueing area is working, the hanging scene in the lift is much clearer, the singing busts features are much sharper and Little Melanie in the wine cellar now has a fantastic new face, when she says "were just....dying to have you" she does a fabulous sneer.. :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Wish i was there now... :cry:

-breeno-

I also noticed the Phantom's locked jaw last week when I was on the attraction a few times, also I don't know if it's nostalgia clouding my memory or not but I always thought the skeleton climbing out of the tomb (or "lazy skeleton" as I like to call him :P ) would climb further out of his tomb.

I've been out of the DLP loop for about 2 years now but does anyone know when the final Melanie scene was changed from a bright white light to a dimmer green one?  I always used to prefer the former but I can understand why it was altered.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!