CyberSpace Mountain closed permanently?

Started by Maarten, January 26, 2007, 02:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

According to //http://www.dlrp.fr CyberSpace Mountain at the Disney Channel Studio is closed for good. The decision to close it down has been taken last Monday afternoon because of safety issues. Its still unknown if the attraction will be opened on a seasonal/temporary basis in the future, or that we never will be able to ride this attraction again. At least management didn't plan this closure.

Source://http://www.dlrp.fr/actu_cyber_space_mountain_disney_channel_studio_tour_970.html

Maybe anyone here at the forum can confirm this news? I think its bad that this attraction has closed, especially since the Studios already have such a small roster of attractions. Although the attraction wasn't big and famous, I think it was the best part of the whole Television Production Tour. Imagine what kind of effect it would have had together with Stitch...  :?

What do you think?

Kristof

Yeah, this was reported last week on DCP.  THe news is confirmed by La Roquine, but its not certain yet if its a temporary closure or a permanent one.

Dlrpfan

i have never really thought it went well with WDS and the hole theme but ill be sad to see it go :(
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

I never bothered to queue to go on it, was it actually any good? The two-person simulators look like my worst nightmare.

If it goes for good, that'll free up a lot of space in, ehm, "CyberSpace", which could be used for something much more productive.  Maybe they could move the green screens from Art Attack there, with some other stuff?  Maybe even a different game from soon-to-be-defunct Disney Quest FL?

Owain

I was planning on going on this during my march visit, went to go on it during 2002 and it was just to much of a big queue.

Hilary

Did it once and have to say my sister and I created a fairly nasty 'coaster! Got thrown about quite a bit. But it was a bit of hassle really - the queuing, then trying to design the ride. Don't think it will be the greatest loss if it doesn't come back.

Reiana

I think, it was fun.
My friend and I did it a few times back in 2003. We couldn't stop laughing during the "ride", so the castmember asked us, after it was over, if we were alright.

Poppy The Monkey

It was fun but the capacity was nowhere near enough.

The mass security operation to ensure people didn't take the exit for the Cyber Space Mountain was ridiculous too - I think it would of been easier to get into the White House than try to skip that annoying tour.

Its a shame, but I think it will be open again for high season.

At the moment Rock and Rollercoaster is closed throughout the week too - it is only open on weekends due to budget constraints I believe. Meaning no rollercoasters at the WDS!

Kristof

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is getting its pusher-system replaced tomorrow.

RnRCj

Quote from: "raptor1982"Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is getting its pusher-system replaced tomorrow.

What a "Pusher-system"?

I should know being the big Rock n Roller Coaster fan that I am :P

Anthony

Hmm, the launch system I guess.  LIM launch is it?  I've forgotten the name, something to do with magnetics. :wink:

Sounds expensive, anyway...  :?

Kristof

Yeah its the launch system.  The vehicles in RnRc are being pushed, while at Space Mountain the vehicles are being pulled.

Both systems need to be replaced frequently.

Anthony

Back to CyberSpace - I suppose, above all, DLRP were only keeping this running to fill the gap in the park's attractions, since RNRC was the only other thrill ride.  That's why it got a special mention in park guides and on the new website.  With Crush's Coaster and then ToT, there's no need to keep it going at such an expense really.

I also read that Stitch Encounter would have automatic exit doors direct into the CyberSpace area (like the ones between the AODA rooms, I guess) rather than you having to go outside again like now, so losing CSMountain would make that easier too.

I take it it hasn't started running again yet?  I wonder when we'll know for sure?

Kristof

An insider told me that the attraction has been put on hold for an undefined time.

Kristof

These past 2 days not just Cyber Space Moutain was closed, but the whole Zapping Zone area!