Tangled (Disney 2010)

Started by Kristof, September 08, 2004, 01:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I'm pleased to have seen both TV spots and ads on the side of buses so far. Can't remember the last time a Disney animation was advertised this much! The tagline is funny though, something like "Disney will surprise you" - what, by making a good film? Really looking forward to it anyway...

The soundtrack has grown on me, although does still feel a bit like it's only half the soundtrack is could have been.

Masamune

:P No giant review here, just my feelings on the film summed up in a few sentences.

I saw Tangled today and it was just brilliant. I loved every single one of the characters and I thought the story was fantastic. I laughed a lot, and cried a few times too. :) I thought the CG style was beautiful, and although I still would love to see more classic Disney animation, I wouldn't mind seeing any CG film that's done to as high a standard as Tangled has been done.

Aveen2008

woohoo Tangled released officially today, just booked my tickets, going to see it tonight  :thumbs:
Luv Aveen xoxo

littlemermaid83

I saw Tangled yesterday and I loved it, and have to say that it is probably in my top 5 of favourite Disney movies. Probably because Mandy Moore is my favourite Artist and Actress.

We watched it in 3d, I would have perferred to see it in in 2d but it wasnt offered at the cinema.  I'm off to buy the soundtrack from somewhere that won't take 2 weeks to deliever.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

CafeFantasia

I haven't seen Tangled yet, but I'm looking forward to. And this time, unlike the way I saw Toy Story and TRON: Legacy, I'm going to see it in 2D.

dagobert

Quote from: "Alan"I haven't seen Tangled yet, but I'm looking forward to. And this time, unlike the way I saw Toy Story and TRON: Legacy, I'm going to see it in 2D.

I would also have prefered to watch it in 2D, but I have seen it in 3D and I have to say that the effects were great, especially the scene with the flying lights. In my opinion the 3D effects in Tangled are better than in Toy Story 3.

Aveen2008

Seen Tangled last night in 2d (as I seen UP in 3D and thought it was a waste of money and the glasses were annoying lol)!

I am really glad to say it totally lived up to how good I thought it would be! I thought the animation was great, the characters were fab and it gave me some great laughs (particularly maximus!) I could imagine it being a Disney classic!

I thought Disney did a brilliant job of updating the classic fairytale with adding the humour and also modernising rapunzel who wasn't a damzel in distress but had a firey, independant side and at times saved the "prince" aka Flin.

At times the mother daughter relationship between mother gothel and rapunzel reminded me of my conflict with needing to separate myself from my mother (of course minus the evil side lol(, so i thought it was told very well.

I won't say anything about the ending but I must admit a tiny disappointment with it but at the same time i thought it also was realistic and modern.

I had never wanted merchandise from a film before I seen it but prior to even seeing tangled I had the plush doll, toddler doll, cushion, pin and i think i'm forgetting something else lol...now I want everything else hehe! It far surpasses the princess and the frog which i found disappointing.  

Everyone should see Tangled! :thumbs:
Luv Aveen xoxo

simonandwendy626

Have just come back from watching Tangled. Again!. Saw it last night with Simon, and I cried. Saw it today with my friend La La and we both cried.
Loved it. Wanna see it again.
Love Maximus.  Love Flynn.
I so want all the merchandise but now our Disney store has gone...Wah!..Will have to get it online.
The soundtrack is great, can't stop humming the songs.

GO SEE TANGLED!!!!!! :D/

Pete's Dragon

Saw Tangled last night an d I thought it was absolutely brilliant. Disney needed to freshen up their formula and they certainly have made steps in the right direction. With the action scenes and style of the film, Rapunzel would have been the wrong name for this film. It was refreshing Not having the animals talk. Maximus was funny but Pascal stole the show for me.I want a Chameleon now !

One critism I had was the song in the tavern. It slowed the movie down right as the adventure was beginning. The ruffians weren't primary characters, not even secondary. When has any film featured a tertiary bunch of characters get their own song ??

But the scene where they light the laterns will go down in Disney history - truly stunning even in plain simple 2D. It gave me the same magical wow feeling as when the 3 fairies put the kingdom to sleep in Sleeping Beauty.

Now hopefully they won't ruin it with a Direct to DVD cash-in sequel. (yes I know they put an end to that, but never say never).

Javey74

Likewise I saw 'Tangled' 2D last night and I found it absolutely fantastic, it definitely was a film that managed to combine a story and characters that fit very much the mould of Disney's previous classics, whilst squeezing in plenty of pop-culture references that add a little zing to the tale, plenty of witty one liners and comedy effect.  I can honestly say that the characters all had strong personalities with no character being weak in any shape or form, even the extras..  :mrgreen:

I'm not sure if it's my eyes but this CGI animated film looks even more realistic, it seems to get just better and better in character movements and lighting, really awe inspiring. James Cameron watch out..  :shock:  :mrgreen:

Vanessa even said that this film has to be her favourite Disney film of all time, now you don't often here words like those from Vanessa..  :mrgreen:

I loved 'The Princess and the Frog' for it's strong characters and music scores, but this has to be a step higher, a must see for all..  :D/  :D/  :D/

Disney is still the king of fairytales..  =D>  =D>  =D>

Can we have a 'Tangled 2' in some shape or form, if we can I'm booking my ticket now..  :mrgreen:

Martyn

I read a review of Tangled in a National paper, and it really does seem as if Disney have gone back to there good old ways with this one.

Everywhere I read stuff they all say its fantastic in everyway, and is exactly how a Disney film should be. I'm really pleased to finally be able to read stuff like that after all the years of guff they churn out.

I hope they get rewarded for all they put into it. The only thing is, until I visited DLP last week, I hadn't really heard that much about it. Haven't seen any TV ads here in the UK....

Anthony

Saw Tangled last night and wow - the first film I've ever seen where the audience spontaneously applauded at the end! Seriously! OK, it was possibly started by one of the (few) kids in attendance, but everyone followed and I've barely seen a more positive pouring out of people after a film. You can tell when an audience is entranced by a film and this was it - all ages, male and female. Disney just got it so right with this one. The stars finally aligned.

I loved it. Great characters, great story, great animation*. Classic in style but fresh in delivery.

The 3D is worth it too in my opinion, if you see it on a big enough screen. Enough to convince me it's not entirely a gimmick. Seeing a fairytale done this well, in immersive, dimensional 3D, you finally see some progression on from the flat Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, etc. An actual new era. The "Walt Disney Animation Studios 50th Animated Feature" logo at the start gave me goosebumps.

Hooray!

*Except a slightly wooden Mother Gothel, in my opinion. There's still an opening for a CGI villain as vicious and harrowing as any of the old hand-drawn Disney baddies...

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Anthony"The "Walt Disney Animation Studios 50th Animated Feature" logo at the start gave me goosebumps.

That was a nice touch. Although they push this '50' number arounda lot. But between Bambi and Cinderella there's 6 releases you could knock right out. And what ever happened to The Wild ??

dagobert

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"
Quote from: "Anthony"The "Walt Disney Animation Studios 50th Animated Feature" logo at the start gave me goosebumps.

That was a nice touch. Although they push this '50' number arounda lot. But between Bambi and Cinderella there's 6 releases you could knock right out. And what ever happened to The Wild ??

The Wild wasn't produced by WDAS, so it doesn't count. CORE Feature Animation produced it and the movie was distributed by Disney.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wild

penfold12

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"That was a nice touch. Although they push this '50' number arounda lot. But between Bambi and Cinderella there's 6 releases you could knock right out. And what ever happened to The Wild ??

I agree, never quite understood how they class the war time shorts like make mine music as a feature animation as they do the rest....