Tangled (Disney 2010)

Started by Kristof, September 08, 2004, 01:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Originally titled Rapunzel, after the fairy tale upon which it is based, this film was renamed Tangled in February 2010. It is due for release in the US in late 2010 and in Europe in early 2011.

Some concept art has popped up on the net from Disney's next Princess film:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18154

Kristof

There's also an animated logo somewhere on that page!  :!:  :idea:

Anthony

I'm actually really excited about this now! It's definately nicer than i expected for one of Disney's new 3D films, probably because it involves 2D aswell!  I just hope Disney can get through the hideous Chicken Little intact!  That film looks like a Pixar short film knock-off so far, i hope the animation is actually much better than in the trailer or we're in for a shock.  :(

Kristof

I love Disney Princess movies, so I'm looking forward to this one anyway: 3D or 2D  :wink:

Kristof

Well, I decided to bring this topic back on top...  

Kristin Chenoweth will provide the voice of Rapunzel.  She has previously done some work at the West Wing and Sesame Street.  

Kristof

More concept art:

Sick to death of storybook endings where true love conquers all, a frustrated witch brings two romantically-challenged teenagers from the real world into the classic fairytale, and transforms them into the legendary long-haired heroine and her gallant prince.

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles ... hp?ID=1580

Disneyana

The pictures here of that movie are looking great. And what I read now about the story seems quite good too. I really can't await this movie. I love the Disney fairytales, they are really magical. Does anyone know when this movie will come out ?
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Anthony

First Act of Rapunzel gets positive reception

The Animation Guild Blog writes that Walt Disney Feature Animation's Rapunzel may be coming along quite nicely. "The word around the studio is that the First Act of Rapunzel found favor at its unspooling up in Emeryville. John Lasseter, I was told, gave plenty of notes to director Glen Keane but overall liked what he saw. John's suggestions were about how to make good things better, rather than eliminating elements that didn't work." At this time, Rapunzel is readying for June 2009.

from http://www.animated-news.com

Mansion Staff

concept art
(the movie is set in the 1700's)

^I think that is so nice!

our lead^
read this on wiki today:"Originally, the film's plot revolved around two 'romantically challenged', real-world teenagers who are transformed into Rapunzel and her Prince by a disgruntled witch who can no longer stand happy fairy-tale endings. However, since production was halted in 2004 for major retooling, Glen Keane has "promised" that the film will revert back to the fairy tale's "literary origins." Thus, it is likely that the previously-mentioned plot of two 'romantically challenged, real-world teenagers' will be discarded."
disney is using 3d animation to create a "moving oil painting" look, so it sounds ok with me.
well we all cant come and go by BUBBLE!

be careful, or Ill drop a house on you.

Nala_84

Great! :) Rapunzel looks so sweet and pretty on the pic!

Does anyone know where the fairy tale takes place? I hope somewhere in Europe *g*
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Patrick

Well it was written by the Brothers Grimm so it obviously was based around Germany.  Afterall Rapunzel is the german word for lettuce :wink:.  Though then again there is probably so many over versions of thise popular folk tale that it could be set in any number of places.

Riebi

Yes it´s specialy lamb's lettuce (Valerianella locusta)

The witch cultivates it in her garden and rapunzel´s dad snaffles some cause of a big hunger and because the love lamb's letture. They have even give her daugther the name of it  :lol:

The witch notices the thievery and take rapunzel into an tower.

After this a hero/prince fell in love with here and visit rapunzel in the tower with a trick: Every day he shouts out "Rapunzel! Lass mir dein Haar herunter" (Rapunzel! Drop your hair for me!)
Cause Rapunzel has very long hair, the hero could scramble to her. But one day the witch get knowing about this an cuts off the hair and links it at the window. When the hero cames back and shout his clause, she drop the hair down and waits for her victim.
She blinds the hero and sends him in a desert or something like this.
After a couple of days Rapunzel could find him there and through her tears the hero can see again.

:lol: I´m realy a fine peddler of fairy tales  :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Samninetysix

The american woman we bought our musical jewellery box/snow globe off was convinced that all the Disney stories were created in america, took us ages to explain that lots of the stories came from european folk tales, I still doubt she believed us.

Nala_84

Yay, Germany *g*! Yes, I know it's one of the many "Grimm's Märchen" that Disney produced. Fine. :)

I can't wait to see more concept arts! Is it already clear whether it will be drawn in the "aquarell" optic? Like in Lilo & Stitch or Brother Bear?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Mansion Staff

I dont even know what that is :P
well we all cant come and go by BUBBLE!

be careful, or Ill drop a house on you.