Tangled (Disney 2010)

Started by Kristof, September 08, 2004, 01:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

svenneke1

Weird, The Wild does have a classics number on the dvd here in Belgium...

Javey74

Also while we all seemed to be in the 'Tangled' mood, why not take your memories from the film and start collecting for the latest sticker album..  :mrgreen:

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Javey74"Also while we all seemed to be in the 'Tangled' mood, why not take your memories from the film and start collecting for the latest sticker album..  :mrgreen:

i got that too although i canot believe its 50p for 1 packet of 5 stickers! long gone are the days they were 30 or 40p! lol
Luv Aveen xoxo

Anthony

Quote from: "svenneke1"Weird, The Wild does have a classics number on the dvd here in Belgium...
I saw it on a list of Classics over here just after it was released as well. SO glad they reversed that decision...

Javey74

Quote from: "Aveen2008"
Quote from: "Javey74"Also while we all seemed to be in the 'Tangled' mood, why not take your memories from the film and start collecting for the latest sticker album..  :mrgreen:

i got that too although i canot believe its 50p for 1 packet of 5 stickers! long gone are the days they were 30 or 40p! lol
Yeah, very true fact Aveen..  :shock:

CafeFantasia

Now that I've seen Tangled myself, I can finally give my opinion of it. One word...

"Beautiful"

I loved it. Everything about it was perfect: the animation, the characters, the environments, the songs, the emotion, the humour. It really is a film that's got everything in it, and a film that should appeal to everyone.

And I really feel that Tangled is much better than any Pixar film, again in terms of the characters, animation, the quality of the rendering, the score, the fact that it has proper songs, etc.

It's so good to see the Walt Disney Animation Studios back on top again, after all this time, kicking the ass of every other animation studio out there. Disney animation was always the best. Disney animation always stood for perfection, the best quality. Well now they really are the best again.

I just hope Disney don't dilute the Tangled brand by making a sequel. Walt Disney never did sequels. There was never a Snow White 2 or a Mary Poppins 2: Dreams Come True. So Disney, please just leave it as a classic; a very special one-off.

dagobert

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you, but in my opinion Pixar's Wall-E, Ratatouille and Toy Story 3 are still better. I loved Tangled, it's definately one of the best Disney movies in recent years, but the Pixar movies I have mentioned have more depth than Tangled.

But Tangled is a lot better than any DreamWorks movie.

CafeFantasia

Well, a lot of these things are subjective. But I personally enjoyed and appreciated Tangled a lot more than Toy Story 3 and WALL-E too. I think Tangled had tons of depth, it just wasn't as sad/depressing as some of the more recent Pixar films.

dagobert

Alan, you made a point with the sad/depressing mood of recent Pixar movies. That's the reason why I liked them better, for me these movies are more adult oriented than Tangled, but Tangled was funnier. That's the kind of movies I expect from Disney. WDAS was always at its best when producing musical movies with great songs.

At least we agree that if Disney continues this way, the studio will be back where it belongs!

Anthony

I knew this already from reading a review of the US disc weeks ago, but the Tangled blu-ray is a bit disappointing, isn't it? They didn't even put the animation studios lipdub on there, let alone any mention of the 10 year development process. The "making of" featurette is only made great because of Zachary Levi and Mandy Moore being so adorable.

Is this the home entertainment division still treating Walt Disney Animation films as second-class compared to Pixar, or has the age of exhaustive bonus features come to an end?

HayHay

I LOVE this movie!! Everything about it! I really hope they do NOT make a Tangled 2! I will not be impressed at all! They push it enough with Cinderella 2 and 3, Little Mermaid 2 and 3 etc etc.  The ONLY thing I didn't like was the end! If I was Rapunzel I would've gone mad! lol Not sure if everyone reading this has seen it so not going to say what happens!

CafeFantasia

I agree. Tangled is a great film, but I really hope Disney resist the urge to make a sequel. If you look at the list of 50 Disney theatrical animated features, only one of them is a sequel: The Rescuers Down Under.

ed-uk

Tangled is a great film, Disney's best for years I think. Normally I prefer hand drawn,  but not this time. It's beautiful. The CGI looks more realistic than ever. I like it better than the Little Mermaid and  even Beauty And The Beast. Maybe the music not as memorable for me on first viewing as the others, but I liked what I heard and I'll be seeing it again soon. I wish Disney had called the film Rapunzel, I don't like Tangled as much. I'd like to see a stage production if Disney Theatricals could do it, probably with some new songs added.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

I was quite surprised by how good Tangled was. As a rule I hate the girly Disney movies with the exception of Beauty and the Beast and Mulan (love those). Tangled was ok. I still think Dreamworks are now better than Disney in the enjoyment factor, but it was pretty, especially in 3D. My daughter has watched it 4 times since it came into the house, so clearly it is a winner for her. Personally I do not care if I ever see it again though thanks to her.
since 2001 (many before that)

ed-uk

That's probably why Disney called the film Tangled and not Rapunzel. The Studio was worried that Rapunzel would sound too girly and put the boys off. Disney didn't have to worry about things like that in the days of Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland and The Little Mermaid. Infact some of Disney's greatest and most enduring animation classics have been fairy tales. I've never thought of films like Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty as girly, they stand out as works of art to me. And the popularity of the films  never fades.
Ed & David