Comments on Rude guests.. other peoples opinions??

Started by Cookie, June 30, 2012, 01:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparkchild

I've been to WDW dozens of time and they offer adult services like spas. I find that those are great relaxing places for adults, but the parents still have to find a responsible party to take care of their children. There is some child care services available at certain resorts, but a lot of people think leaving their kids in the hotel room or at the pool is just fine. When I worked for Disney, people seemed to think that Disney was a babysitter. They would drop their young kids off and leave. We once found a three year old sitting on the floor playing with stuffed animals. We asked her where her parents were, and she said "Mommy told me to stay here while she went shopping." We were shocked and had to call security to get the little girl. The mom came back and threw a fit and threatened to sue us for relocating her child. Totally crazy!  These are the people whose children get abducted and they cry on TV and say they "don't understand why this happened."

ed-uk

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"Why do they sound like that? WDW heavily advertises things for adults to do, they have spas, golf courses, bars and kids clubs to give adults a holiday too. I don't think it's much to ask that the resort caters for all visitors?

We go to DLP for the theme parks  and I thought it was the same for everyone.  Because it's a theme park holiday we know that there are going to be lots of children and teenagers around.  But for parents and guests who want to get away from the kids and sit by the pool or play golf, have their hair done, go to the bar, I must admit I don't know of any kids clubs.
Ed & David

Sparkchild

There are a few kid's clubs at the resorts. The main one is the Neverland club at the Polynesian Resort. Some resorts offer babysitting services in your hotel room for a chunky price. The Disney Cruise Line offers really great kid's clubs onboard ship. Their activities are cast member supervised and the kids can spend all day in the "kid's areas" while the parents can go to the spa, pool, etc. I had a boss, who was in his 60's, who took a Disney Cruise and was so worried about having to deal with tons of kids on board. When he came back he said it was fantastic, that the kids were in their section of the ship and he didn't have to see them. He said it was a best cruise he had ever been on.

crashjordan2010

I live in the UK and could not have higher recommendation for the American Disney parks. Most theme parks in the UK are filled with teens that only want to get on as many rides as possible in one day, no matter how much aggrevation they cause others. Having had my first trip to Disney at 3 months old and going to one of their resorts at least once a year since then I would consider myself a "seasoned veteran" I suppose! And with Disneyland Paris so close to home you would think it would come as an advantage as its such a short trip in comparison to flying out to America regularly, wouldnt you? It is an advantage... Mostly. The general lack of manners at the Paris resort is not something considered to be of Disney Standard, and it makes me somewhat embarrassed to justify a yearly visit to Disneyland Paris. Smoking is my main pet hate, its disgusting to see a large percentage of the parks attendants smoking in the faces of innocent children and families. I have also been singed by a cigarette twice at Disneyland Paris because of the smokers blissful ignorance to those around them. The worst case of queue jumping I have witnessed was in the line for Peter Pans Flight when a family of 6 politely asked to go past so that they could be with the rest of their family, only for us to find that they had no family already waiting in line. The thing that makes this the most unbelievable is that it was only a 15 minute wait in line, leading me to conclude that if this sort of thing is happening in a 15 minute line with a large family that could somehow queue jump easily without a cast member noticing and forcing us to notify them personally, then what else can people get away with at this Resort! With prices comtinueing to rise, I begin to wonder if it would be better to save up and take my custom to America where the Cast Members are happier, the geusts are more pleasant and there is little to no smoking, if it was not for my extreme love of Disney I am sure that this decision would have been made sooner.

Sparkchild

I am making my first trip to Disneyland Paris next month and the thing that is concerning me the most is the smoking. I'm allergic to it. My throat swells and my sinus' close off and it makes it very hard to breath, I guess my body is trying not to inhale it. I'm wondering if I politely ask someone to not smoke because I am allergic would they do it, or am I out of luck? I'd hate to have to leave a line or place to eat because someone is being rude. Do you think the cast members would help me and  ask the person to stop? How do you say, "could you please not smoke, I am allergic" in French?

nathalie

I hardly noticed anyone smoking on my last trip (past June).

But then again, I don't know if it really was because less people were smoking, or that I simply don't care.
You're outside, I don't think they can actually forbid it.

I don't smoke myself, but I grew up in a house of smokers, maybe that's why I don't really care.

The only thing that does bother me is, that people can't throw their cigaret butts into the bin, but on the floor :!:
It's not like there isn't a trashcan on every corner.

Riebi

Sorry but for me that isn´t a cultural thing. It´s just a thing of CMs working for crowd control.

To start with: I had the badest queue jumpings ever at Disneyland Anaheim. You see mothers that tell their children to run over the barriers at Indiana Jones. You have groups of people that "supervise" one single family member that rented a wheelchair (not that they need one, by the way...). You have people that sitting on the floor with big blankets for over 5 hours, just to hold enough place for their family (for the next parade/fantasmic/fireworks...). Before parades people try to get a better view on the grass or in the planters....so no, that´s not a cultural thing. They do it at other disney parks to. And they do it even harder then at Paris.

But there´s one diffrence: CMs walking around to control the crowds. They tell people to leave the flowers, they tell people to go away and where they find a better spot for the parade. They also have kind of one-way-roads for people before, during and after their shows (fantasmic for example). They are so many CMs with swaying flashlights to control people that you simply can´t to a move in the wrong direction.

Same for graffiti,  littering or dirt. Their are people that make a lot of dirt in the park. But over night CMs clean everything. It´s great to see that! :)

So the only problem where even Team Anaheim didn´t have an answer is their queue jumping and wheelchair problem.  :?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

SoundSoldier

I remember things about rude guests.

A kid was actually sitting on Wall-E's head ! (statue in Discoveryland)
And i think the parents just standing there, taking pictures.

Also, I've seen a lot of Queue jumpers and people that abuse the wheelchair system.
I know, you can rent a wheelchair. My grandma goes allong with us and sometimes it's too much for her. So we rent a wheelchair there.
But I've seen a few guys that looks like they're disabled, but when they're stepping in the ride, They look absolutly fine. (I saw one just jumping in, -I think he was too exited-)

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "SoundSoldier"I remember things about rude guests.

Also, I've seen a lot of Queue jumpers and people that abuse the wheelchair system.
I know, you can rent a wheelchair. My grandma goes allong with us and sometimes it's too much for her. So we rent a wheelchair there.
But I've seen a few guys that looks like they're disabled, but when they're stepping in the ride, They look absolutly fine. (I saw one just jumping in, -I think he was too exited-)

I saw a group of at least 12 people, one of whom was in a wheelchair, accessing the rides via the disabled entrances. Now the man in the wheelchair looked fine, and had no problem getting on and off the ride. But even if he truly, truly needed it, 12 people? That's almost enough to fill a boat at IASW. I could have understood 1 or 2 carers helping.  I hope that this wasn't a giant con as I'd hate to think people had gotten so devious as to try something like this.

orangarnold

As I read this post I can't help but think to myself 'no one has thought of the simplest answer to this, IT'S FRANCE AND THE FRENCH DO AS THEY PLEASE AND SOD THE REST'

With the queuing problems I tended to just push past those who pushed in front of me earlier including elbows and standing with hands on hips double spaced to prevent anyone get past.

With the smoking it's one of those things, it's up to the CM to stop it, and find one that will.... It's worse in Paris itself

With the waiting for shows and things, just push back with a very loud excuse me but you're in my way

jenniedisney

Its so hard with rude guests

I really struggle some holidays.
Im 21, yet people seem to think that they/ their children deserve a better view of shows, or deserve food quicker than me.....

Obviously yes, like others have said, children do need to enjoy the shows too, and generally i don't stand at the front and i even stand back if there are children behind me, but what i don't like is people pushing their kids to the front and standing in front of you.

I try not to argue, i might make some sarcastic comment.........one of these days i should answer back!!!!
Been going to Disney since October 1992.
Hotels Stayed in:
Cheyenne 1992
Disneyland Hotel 1993-Present
Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel Castle Club 2007,2008,2010,2011,2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Millennium Celebration 1999-2000 in Disneyland Hotel

WDW Cast Member 2016-2017
Stayed in EVERY resort on property

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"
Quote from: "SoundSoldier"I remember things about rude guests.

I saw a group of at least 12 people, one of whom was in a wheelchair, accessing the rides via the disabled entrances. Now the man in the wheelchair looked fine, and had no problem getting on and off the ride. But even if he truly, truly needed it, 12 people? That's almost enough to fill a boat at IASW. I could have understood 1 or 2 carers helping.  I hope that this wasn't a giant con as I'd hate to think people had gotten so devious as to try something like this.
I wonder if this was the same man we saw as I think we were there around the same time as you. Dylan and i were waiting along the kerb in Main Street and there was a man in a wheel chair on the parade route, as a cast member approached him and said he needed to get out of the road he got out of the wheel chair, picked it up, carried it onto the pathway and sat back down!!  :shock:
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

byron-james

My last trip we had some people behind us in the line for Star Tours who were slightly confused as to what queuing involved ie. I'm in front of you and you're behind me and this does not change until we're on the ride!

But its best not to get angered by other people because it will only end up in you having a less happy time. My mom always told me that you CAN'T control what other people do but you CAN control what you do. So try to be exemplary yourself and try to think positively too :)

One more thing, we saw a mom letting her young daughter squat and pee on the grassy hill in Fantasyland near where the tangled meet and greet is. How unrefined!
Disneyland Paris - 1996
Walt Disney World - 1998
Disneyland Paris - 2011
Disneyland Paris - 2012
Disneyland - 2013?

TinkerbellsMom

Wow! I'm actually shocked and disappointed.  I'm a regular at WDW and our first family trip to DLP is next March.  I really can't do smoke at all and although there is some queue-jumping that happens at WDW, it's mainly foreign tour groups pretending that they don't understand english or the concept of standing in line.  The CMs are pretty good at stopping obnoxious behavior and to be honest most people in line will support you if you have to tell someone they can't  cut in line.  We also have the problem of people in wheelchairs with their 12 family members.  Disney needs to come up with a solution for that ,so that the people who really need the wheelchairs and disabled access don't have to wait in line (but those that are faking it have to wait like everyone else).  My solution is to give the disabled guests a ticket that acts like an electronic fastpass and have the rest of their party get in the regular line, then when the members of your party get to the top of the line the disabled guest gets beeped and can come back and go straight on the ride with the rest of their party.  I'm hoping this trip to DLP was not a huge mistake.  It cost so much more than WDW. :tink:

Tubbyherman

I'm slightly aghast at your comments relating to disabled guests TinkerbellsMom and I'm not really sure whether you are being serious. But do you seriously think it is a good idea for a disabled child to be left on their own away from their party and expect for them to respond to a beep telling them they can now join a queue.

I have a disabled child (not in a wheelchair) so I wonder if she is one of the fakers you refer to, she has enough problems standing still and keeping herself to herself at the best of times but does not have the ability to respond to a "beep". Quite how you expect someone with limited movements to wheel themselves is beyond me! We use the access pass, but will insist on making my daughter wait if the wait time is short, also at DLRP you are limited to the number of helpers who can assist you, the max no is 7 I believe and that is only on a handful of rides.

The access pass is a godsend for many families like mine and helps make what could be a very stressful holiday much more pleasant. If people wanted to experience the luxury of an access pass, I'd happily swap places with them looking after my daughter and then maybe they would realise why so many of us have to make use of this service.