Disney Dreams! Dining Package & Special Menus

Started by Lorum, February 22, 2012, 12:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorum

I suggest we talk about the new 20th Anniversary menus and the Dinner + Dreams which will be offered at selected restaurants.

"20 ans" Menu:
  • Au Chalet de la Marionnette (Fantasyland, Disneyland Park).
  • Café Hyperion (Discoveryland, Disneyland Park).
  • Restaurant en Coulisse (Front Lot, Walt Disney Studios Park).

Dinner + Disney DREAMS! (Exclusive Viewing Area):
  • Walt's, an American Restaurant (Main Street U.S.A, Disneyland Park).
  • Silver Spur Steakhouse (Frontierland, Disneyland Park).
  • California Grill (Disneyland Hotel) (Special Viewing Room at Founders Club with soundtrack synchronized audio streaming).
"20 ans" Wine Bottle:

Domaine Bertrand. White, red and rosé.

Source: DCP

Where are the Exclusive Viewing Areas?
If a have a Full Board Plan, may I have the chance to choose the "Dinner + Disney Dreams!" menu?
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

dagobert

Didn't Philippe Gas mention in the round table discussion last year, that DLRP asked decorated chefs to create new menus for the table service restaurants? What happened to that?

I will definitely get a bottle of wine when I visit. The 15th birthday wine was very good.

And in general DLRP should bring their menu to the 21st century. It's a shame what they offer throughout the resort, especially in the fast food restaurants. The service should also be improved. They are far behind the Disney standard found in the US parks.

Scissorsboi

I'm interested to see how the Silver Spur location will work as an exclusive viewing area, as.. well. You can't see the Plaza or Castle.. I guess that'll be a eat your food and then you have access to a viewing area afterwards?
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

ed-uk

An exclusive viewing area? I'm interested to see how this one would work. It would have to be in Central Plaza, and, or the Castle Stage for a side view. We would have diner and then go on to the viewing area afterwards I assume, shortly before the show starts.
Ed & David

Lorum

I think it'll be in Central Plaza. You have dinner and then you show some kind of ticket which allows you to access the viewing area.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

ed-uk

I would go for it if Disney really plan to do it, they will charge extra for it I assume? It'll save standing around for ages to get a good view.
Ed & David

Josh

I'm betting the viewing area will be at that balcony at the back of the Castle Stage.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

ed-uk

The balcony at the back of the castle stage isn't very big, so if the exclusive viewing area is there the number of people able to use it will be very limited per show. Very exclusive.
Ed & David

DopeyDad

that gap looks a bit like a wheelchair accessible viewing area to me!

Glstitch

Quote from: "DopeyDad"that gap looks a bit like a wheelchair accessible viewing area to me!

Now I've been thinking all night and a possibilty was that it would be their due you won't have a great view and those places wouls be worse then the 'normal' once. I'm really curious how they gonna pull this one of.

Anthony

Quote from: "DopeyDad"that gap looks a bit like a wheelchair accessible viewing area to me!
I just joked about it being a viewing area in the Dreams thread! Surely not... for technical equipment, I'd imagine?

The viewing area can't be around the castle stage, surely. It'll have to be somewhere directly facing the castle. Would they dare roping off a section in the middle of Central Plaza? I'd hope they'd make it a bit more conspicuous than that, it's not like Disney to throw higher-paying guests in your face. Perhaps... Main Street Station?

DopeyDad

I'm just trying to guess something first :) but really, it would probably be too small an area for disabled access viewing at DLP.

ed-uk

I thought I read, unless I'm mistaken, that there are special restaurant menus for WoC at DCA. Of course it's different there because the show is on the lagoon with a large viewing area. Maybe that's where the idea comes from and a rumour got started.
Ed & David

Glstitch

Main Street Station ? I doubt that because you would'nt see alot of the water screens because of the high buildings (and the projectors).

littlemermaid83

I'm interested to see the prices and see where the viewing area is as this is something I would probably pay once to do.

I was thinking that they might rope an area off to the side of Discovery Land, or Adventure Land. But what do I know lol.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!