Disney Dreams! Dining Package & Special Menus

Started by Lorum, February 22, 2012, 12:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigerlilly

Cor, the price for the Founders Club/California Grill is pretty steep  :shock:

I wasn't entirely scared away, but then I googled for a view of the Castle from the Founders Club, and that finished the job. I can't see it being worth the extra. I think I'll just stick to a standard meal at the California Grill.

I'm seriously tempted by the Walt's option though. I wonder where the VIP area is and how it compares to the Wheelchair areas?
and straight on till morning.

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "Tigerlilly"I'm seriously tempted by the Walt's option though. I wonder where the VIP area is and how it compares to the Wheelchair areas?

I'm sure the novelty of the VIP area is that you can show up 30 minutes before the show and have a great view, rather than sit about for an hour or so. I read on DCP that there are no wheelchair areas, I'm not sure if that's confirmed or not though.

Teacup

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"The menu consists of an starter (to choose between two options), a main course (choice between a fish or meat dish ) and dessert: special "20th Anniversary" cake.

Once again, being vegetarian prevents me from having a treat like this, and therefore preventing lil sis from getting it too. I really wish Disneyland would be a little more accomodating to different diets.
Previous stays
Santa Fe September 1999
Cheyenne November 2002
Sequoia Lodge September 2010
New York July 2011
Magic Circus September 2012

Tigerlilly

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"I'm sure the novelty of the VIP area is that you can show up 30 minutes before the show and have a great view, rather than sit about for an hour or so.

Yes that would figure, I should imagine it'll be in a prime spot too. I'm almost certain to book it for when I go as I'd planned to dine at Walt's anyway and if it's a different menu, the Blue Lagoon too. Looking forward to it already!

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"I read on DCP that there are no wheelchair areas, I'm not sure if that's confirmed or not though.

I'd be seriously surprised by that, it goes against DLP's normally excellent provision for wheelchair users that I've always experienced when there.
and straight on till morning.

Josh

Quote from: "Tigerlilly"I wonder where the VIP area is and how it compares to the Wheelchair areas?
I can't remember where, but someone on this forum said that it's right in the middle of Central Plaza.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

M&M

Any one knowns if we can pay with meal plan vouchers?

dagobert

Quote from: "Teacup"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"The menu consists of an starter (to choose between two options), a main course (choice between a fish or meat dish ) and dessert: special "20th Anniversary" cake.

Once again, being vegetarian prevents me from having a treat like this, and therefore preventing lil sis from getting it too. I really wish Disneyland would be a little more accomodating to different diets.

I have the same problem and that's why we don't bother that much anymore with DLRP. WDW or DLA are so much better in costumer service, especially when it comes to food. Even Hong Kong DL does a better job for vegetarians. We just have to live with that, or go to the US resorts.

Someguy

At what time does the Dreams show start?
What are the times (earliest/latest) you can reserve this diner?

ed-uk

About Vegetarians. Vegetarians can eat fish can't they and restaurants at DLP serve it. They don't have to go to Hong Kong Disneyland and WDW for fish.
Ed & David

Someguy

There are many types of vegetarians, but seriously, fish are animals too, aren't they? So no, vegetarians normally don't eat fish...

ed-uk

I thought it was vegans who couldn't eat meat and fish, it's obviously the same thing then.
Ed & David

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "ed-uk"I thought it was vegans who couldn't eat meat and fish, it's obviously the same thing then.

No. Vegans don't consume anything that associates with animals, this includes dairy products and eggs etc. Vegetarians don't eat meat or fish. DLP definitely don't cater to Veggies as well as other resorts, that's something they should really try work on.

dagobert

@ ed-uk:

Yes, there are several kinds of vegetarians, like 15MagicalYears and Someguy already have pointed out. My girlfriend is vegan, which means she doesn't eat any animal based products, while I'm a vegetarian. I don't eat meat and that includes for me red meat, fish and chicken. So you can say I don't eat animals.

It just amazes me that Europe's biggest tourist destination still doesn't cater vegetarians. For example when we have been to WDW, nearly each restaurant, table service or counter service, offered vegetarian products. Once we have eaten at a table service restaurant and we told the waiter about our diet, she asked for the chef and he explained the menu and what he can prepare for us. Half a year later we tried the same thing at Walt's and the restaurant manager got angry and didn't talk to us anymore.  At least a very friendly Spanish waitress tried to get something for my girlfriend and she got overcooked vegetables with plain rice for 17 Euros. At least we got an apology by Disney's Guest Relations department. Many will say that's a one time thing and it's not that bad, but even if it was, it's bad for Disney's reputation. If I wouldn't be a Disney fan, I guess I wouldn't return. And I'm pretty sure that we are not the only ones who had bad experiences about vegetarian or vegan food. On the other hand we had a wonderful experience at Cafe Mickey and Rainforest Cafe. They did everything to prepare a vegan meal for my girlfriend. Maybe it's a coincidence, but back then both restaurants were operated by Group Flo. Now we are better prepared and will eat at Val D'Europe. Agrabah Cafe is also a good option for vegetarians. I don't know what happened, but between 2006 and 2008, the vegetarian offers were better than in the last two years.

I think it wouldn't kill the restaurants to offer at least one vegetarian option, which can be altered to be vegan. It was possible in many Parisian restaurants to get a good vegan meal and so it should be possible at Europe's biggest tourist destination. I'm sure there are more vegetarians out there who enjoy Disney.

ed-uk

What about Plaza Gardens have you tried that, they have a good selection like Agrabah Cafe?  But then I'm not a vegetarian.
Ed & David

Someguy

The buffet options are fine in general, but the dreams menu doesn't work for vegetarians.