20th | 20 Years of Magic - flashbacks & history

Started by Anthony, February 17, 2012, 08:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I thought it'd be nice to have a 20th Anniversary topic dedicated to the various flashbacks to the resort's history we're no doubt going to be seeing this year. In fact, there's a pretty spectacular one already:

[youtube:jk0psx21]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEEeDt8pd70[/youtube:jk0psx21]
This official montage was launched today, featuring no less than 1000 images to tell the story of 20 years of magic in less than 4 minutes!

BlackPearl

These pictures bring back memories ... :-D
Thanks for posting!

Martin B

One of my favourite things about disney is the character costumes. It's amazing how much they've changed in 20 years!
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

Timbo

Great video , though I kept wanting to pause it to get a better look at the images !!

dagobert

Thanks for this fantastic video, Anthony.

This brings back some hope that the public relations depatzment of DLRP isn't that bad as I think it is.

BadKid

Oh my, that is an amazing video! It shows how much Disneyland Paris has changed over the years!
Thanks for posting!
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

Manders_Disney_Gal

That was really neat.  I played with my Junior High band there in 1993.  We were booed off the stage for playing Aladdin music, which hadn't come out yet. :oops: Fond memories, even though slightly embarrasing.  :P   :pluto:

britincgn

My first day ticket.......

Unused as I bought a new one to get in...

MissDisneyisMagical

Wow, that ticket is amazing! Im so jealous, my aunty and uncle went when it opened i was only six and only bought me back a keyring which i was angry about! Now im even more angry i would have been happy with their entry ticket!
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

Timbo

Have you ever looked up to see how much the ticket is worth now ? We went a couple of weeks after opening to "avoid the crowds" whch never happened any way , but was so quiet , walk on to every ride, every shop , restaurant open and fully staffed it was like a dream it was so perfect then !

dagobert

Quote from: "Timbo"Have you ever looked up to see how much the ticket is worth now ? We went a couple of weeks after opening to "avoid the crowds" whch never happened any way , but was so quiet , walk on to every ride, every shop , restaurant open and fully staffed it was like a dream it was so perfect then !

That's how a Disney park should be. Today only Tokyo and Anaheim offer these standards.

ed-uk

On quiet days DLP still has walk on rides and looks well staffed with high standards, on quiet days. I wonder what Anaheim and Tokyo are like when it's very crowded with horrendous queues everywhere?
Ed & David

DLRP Roundup!

I personally felt for my first visit DLP was VERY well staffed. Very quiet days for my first three where there was always more than enough people working the rides and restaurants. I did however feel they had an awful amount shut while I was there (10 attractions) and at least the same if not more restaurants.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

ed-uk

People have different experiences of this. Back then I heard complaints of slow service in restaurants and that it was very expensive, it worked out cheaper to go to WDW for two weeks. No Space Mountain, and the hotels didn't serve breakfast, at least the Santa Fe where we stayed didn't.  My first visit was the following year, by then EuroDisney was going down the drain financially (I was shocked at how bad it got) and they had to cut back on staff. I'm one of those who thinks it's better now. I should add that I did enjoy DLP in 1993, but we didn't go back for a few years.
Ed & David

MrsPirate

My first visit was a day trip for my 21st Birthday a few weeks after it opened. It was so busy we couldn't even get into the castle and I remember being physically pushed out the way by a woman with a couple of children. We had queued for ages to ride Peter Pan and it broke down before we got to the front and the food was too expensive. PM was the most memorable ride and still one of my favourites.

Maybe I had unrealistic expectations but I was so unimpressed I didn't go back for 17 years. I'm very glad I did though :)

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018