Still Christmas at Small World?

Started by captain rocket, February 16, 2012, 08:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain rocket

I noticed that IASW still had their Christmas banners up last week, or is this early for 2012?

Josh

Whoops. No one ever notices those banners. I hope someone sees it before the anniversary starts.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

BadKid

I wonder why they are still up...
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

captain rocket

Lazyness I suppose, Perhaps someone from management should take a walk around their park occasionally and they may spot these things! I believe Walt himself used to walk around Disneyland every morning he was there, before the public was admitted to spot little items like this. A different time I'm afraid!

DGRavenswood

Let's not jump to conclusions... Even assuming that management rarely is in the park (which doesn't seem the case from my own experience) the operators would have to notice and pass along the word.

From what I hear it's a safety issue of some kind. Hopefully it'll be resolved soon...
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

captain rocket

A safety issue of some kind? God help us!!!!!

DGRavenswood

You are quick to assume the worst, aren't you? ;) From what I understand it has to do with the safety of those replacing the signs.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "DGRavenswood"You are quick to assume the worst, aren't you? ;) From what I understand it has to do with the safety of those replacing the signs.

No one to hold the ladder I guess ;)

David

captain rocket

Assume the worst? What possible health & Safety considerations could affect taking down these decorations that does not crop up on a daily basis all over the park? Maybe the staff are not allowed to climb ladders? Perhaps that why the refurb of the pirate ship is taking so long!

samuelvictor

We were there 8th to 11th of March and can confirm that unfortunately the Christmas/winter stuff is still very prominantly there. Looks a little unprofessional/uncaring to have them still there, surely they kept the old ones when they swapped them over?  :roll:

I imagine/hope that before the 20th anniversary they'll be refurbishing the whole ride, and that's why they've waited. There are still a good number of the little people not moving as they should. Though it looked like it had at least been repainted or cleaned since last year :) the colours seemed brighter.

torillien

I was there from the 18th to the 23rd and those banners were still up ..

there were lots of non moving and stiff moving little people .. and there was even bottles floating in the water - that were there for the last 3 days of our trip that no one had cleaned up :(
Self confessed Eeyore nut, IT Geek, IBM Champion, and Disney addict
WDW - Feb 2013 - Pirates at the Caribbean Beach

DLP - March 2012 - Disneyland Hotel, WDW - January 2012 - Swan Restort, DLP - June 2011 - Sequoia Lodge, WDW - January 2011 - Dolphin, DLP - November 2010 - Sequoia Lodge