20th | Main Street, U.S.A. Celebrates!

Started by Josh, February 14, 2012, 03:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JelleP

Quote from: "dreamdisney"
Photo: Disney Gazette (Facebook)
Anyone noticed the new banners in this picture? They don't look as cheap as the previous ones :)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Columbiad

Quote from: "JelleP"Anyone noticed the new banners in this picture? They don't look as cheap as the previous ones :)

They're in fact solid (as in fibreglass or plastic) with LED's embedded in them. ;)

dagobert

After seeing the concept art, I think the old Main Street sign will return after the 20th birthday. It seems the new Disneyland Paris sign is part of the 20th birthday makeover. That's why they used PARIS instead of PARK to make clear they whole resort is celebrating its 20th birthday.

captain rocket

I think we have a problem on this site of crying foul for any changes until we actually visit and see the overall effect! I like most of what I've seen so far, but will wait until my next visit (11th April) and see just what it all looks like when its put together.

dreamdisney

Scissorsboi

What are the last two photos showing?

I actually quite like the arches as gold, and the little details they've added like the stars, hopefully this will be a tasteful overlay to the station. But I'm hoping that it doesn't become the 'new thing for Entertainments to put stuff onto now they're banished from the Castle'..
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

dagobert

It seems the last picture is showing a lamp, but I'm not sure. Maybe they are doing a lightning test?

ed-uk

I think the station has been done tastefully in gold and looks grand. I'll be able to take plenty of new pictures of it in the summer in it's new colours.
Ed & David

disneymad1000

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"What are the last two photos showing?

I actually quite like the arches as gold, and the little details they've added like the stars, hopefully this will be a tasteful overlay to the station. But I'm hoping that it doesn't become the 'new thing for Entertainments to put stuff onto now they're banished from the Castle'..

The Station picture is showing that the pillar is back to normal colour as it was painted gold during testing
Disney Trips
2002- DLRP- Hotel Cheyenne
April 2005- DLRP- (Day trip)
October 2006- WDW- Off Site
Augest 2007- DLRP- Off site
Decemeber 2007- DLRP- Off site (Hotel Chanteloup)
May 2008- DLRP- Off site (Hotel Chantelop)
Augest 2009 - DLRP- Davy Crockette Ranch
Augest 2010- DLRP- Off site
July 2011- DLRP- Off site

July 2012- DLRP- Hotel Cheyenne

Josh

It looks like the new entrance is complete!

Source: InsideDLParis
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

dagobert

I have to admit that it doesn't look bad. In fact it's a huge improvement over recent years. Makes me wonder who was responsible? The entertainment department or WDI?

wishuponastar

I really like it and agree it's much more tasteful than previous years. Looking forward to seeing it at night. Something about it feels very Tokyo Disneyland...

dreamdisney

DLP-Photos.com

I must say that I really like it this year! Especially compared to the cheap figures placed there last year.

This looks well done and classy - and with the exception of Tinkerbell it is focused on celebrating rather than just toons. I am very, very happy :D

And the decoration on Main Street U.S.A is really great too - I mean if this was a 1920 Main Street in U.S.A they would mark a celebration by hanging things from windows and decorating in this classy manner. So very good too.

The 20th looks very good so far!
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

littlemermaid83

I think it looks really nice too! I'm pleasantly surprised :D
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!