20th | Main Street, U.S.A. Celebrates!

Started by Josh, February 14, 2012, 03:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

Some changes have been made to the decorations on Main Street Station.

(Source: @DesigningDisney)

Glstitch

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"Some changes have been made to the decorations on Main Street Station.
(Source: @DesigningDisney)

Yess ! They changed the sign :D looks truley magical now !

MissDisneyisMagical

That's a much better sign definitely magical
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

dlrpkris

I'm loving the sign. Just s=not so keen on how big Tinkerbell's trail is haha. Huge! Loved the effect during the press event:

[youtube:3fwojij3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV7hRrGc9tk[/youtube:3fwojij3]
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Columbiad

Do we know for sure that Main Street, U.S.A. Celebrates! is? Is it merely the decorations?

disneymad1000

Everyone who has been to DLP this week, have you seen any shows at main street U.S.A like a morning show or something???
Disney Trips
2002- DLRP- Hotel Cheyenne
April 2005- DLRP- (Day trip)
October 2006- WDW- Off Site
Augest 2007- DLRP- Off site
Decemeber 2007- DLRP- Off site (Hotel Chanteloup)
May 2008- DLRP- Off site (Hotel Chantelop)
Augest 2009 - DLRP- Davy Crockette Ranch
Augest 2010- DLRP- Off site
July 2011- DLRP- Off site

July 2012- DLRP- Hotel Cheyenne

Anthony

Quote from: "Columbiad"Do we know for sure that Main Street, U.S.A. Celebrates! is? Is it merely the decorations?
It's just the decorations, although they are very nice indeed.

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

I think all the refurbishments are reason enough to celebrate Main ST USA. From the photos I've seen it looks fantastic, like opening day. It's actually one of the things I am most looking to seeing. Walking down Main ST USA is always a treat, but to take it all in while the buildings are sparkling and looking so majestic will be amazing.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

dreamdisney

Anthony

Quote from: "PirateSteve"I think all the refurbishments are reason enough to celebrate Main ST USA. From the photos I've seen it looks fantastic, like opening day. It's actually one of the things I am most looking to seeing. Walking down Main ST USA is always a treat, but to take it all in while the buildings are sparkling and looking so majestic will be amazing.
I like to think that the residents of Main Street are celebrating having their plaza park back. ;)

Main Street does look fabulous right now, and is especially cool with the new daytime music. Just don't look too closely at the Liberty Arcade/Central Plaza side of Casey's Corner or Bixby Brothers on Town Square - the only two spots I noticed still needing work.

gingajen

Quote from: "PirateSteve"I think all the refurbishments are reason enough to celebrate Main ST USA. From the photos I've seen it looks fantastic, like opening day. It's actually one of the things I am most looking to seeing. Walking down Main ST USA is always a treat, but to take it all in while the buildings are sparkling and looking so majestic will be amazing.

I couldn't agree more! This page is the one I've been reading with the most interest. I can wait to see Main Street and to see all of the little details that have been bought back to life, that most other visitors won't even notice.

captain rocket

I have a trave lagents promo for the 20th celebrations on Main Street.
"Excitement is in the air,as one of the most famous streets in the world celebrates our 20th anniversary. Witness magic,lights, colours and even more twinkles and memorable glowings-on than ever before."
Has anything changed since the 12th April as the description does not match what I saw on that night! Or was I just unlucky or unobservant?

Anthony

On 12th April, the mini land show was titled "Main Street, U.S.A. Celebrates!", but that isn't what they're talking about the brochures. This is just the name of the Main Street decorations and Main Street Station overlay (which is the lights and glowings on references). As usual, the blurb hypes it up to be something rather more than it is (although I am glad they put a name to the overlay).

Hope that makes sense? :)

captain rocket

Definitely the poorest of the 20th offerings then! Thanks Anthony.

Anthony

No, it's still far better than the character train! :P