20th | Main Street, U.S.A. Celebrates!

Started by Josh, February 14, 2012, 03:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glstitch

That new sign really looks bad , why , oh god why ?

dreamdisney

I don't no :(

dagobert

I was one of the few who liked the golden banners on the buildings, but now I think they are too much. Less is more and so I think they should put some of them down.

Why did they replace the Main Street Station sign? It doesn't look that bad, but I don't see the reason why they replaced the old one. However I liked the Main Street sign better.

And the golden entrance looks just terrible.

StarGazer

Some pictures from InsideDLParis @Twitter. Gold is truly everywhere:

♫ S-U-G-A-R, jump into your racing car, it's a sugar rush! ♫

15MagicalYears

Oh no. I was originally excited over the thought of this overlay but so far it's looking pretty horendous. That new sign looks beyond cheap, and there's just a tad too many of those gold bunting. Who gives these things the green-light?

dagobert

At the Disneyland Hotel it says DISNEYLAND PARK. At the Main Street Station is says DISNEYLAND PARIS. Maybe that sign has something to do with the 20th birthday sign that will be installed at the Main Street Station.

Hopefully we get the Main Street sign back after the 20th birthday. It looks just better with the golden letters.

Josh

It's not that bad. They'll probably have something hanging off it.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

dreamdisney

Photo: Disney Gazette (Facebook)

Laura678

Oh i really really don't like the gold!
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

dreamdisney

New FLash  !!!

Concept art of Main Street Station !

http://radiodisneyclub.fr/actualite/exc ... e-la-gare/

15MagicalYears

New tree "decorations" for Main Street Celebrates. (via @insidedlparis)

It looks like someone's mirror curtain got tangled in the trees.  :lol:

dagobert

I guess I should keep my judgement until the decoration is finished, but the trees look really cheap with that. I have to say I like the decoration for the 15th birthday better, although the banners were too huge for Main Street.

DGRavenswood

Quote from: "dreamdisney"Concept art of Main Street Station !

http://radiodisneyclub.fr/actualite/exc ... e-la-gare/

Whew, I'm really glad to see that the concept has changed since that picture of last year's recycled frame. Compared to the atrocities the station has suffered in the past, I think that this is most in line with the better examples of US park decorations. It's definitely very American.

I'm also quite happy they use the 1992 castle graphic!
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

dagobert

Quote from: "DGRavenswood"Whew, I'm really glad to see that the concept has changed since that picture of last year's recycled frame. Compared to the atrocities the station has suffered in the past, I think that this is most in line with the better examples of US park decorations. It's definitely very American.

I'm also quite happy they use the 1992 castle graphic!

It's really great that Disney is using the 1992 castle graphic. I like these shields with the castle. I still don't like the golden colour on the station, but the 20th birthday sign in the concept art doesn't look bad. It's definitely a huge improvement compared to recent years.

GrantR

Wow they like their fiber optics.. I imagine there's some really colourful "Light Magic" style effects in the main logo rather than the little dots on the shields, but that's me being super hopeful. :P