20th | "Magic Everywhere!" - new theme song

Started by Anthony, February 11, 2012, 06:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Totally agree with you columbiad and Pussinboots.

Although the quality of the recording isn't good, it gives you a sense of how it will be. And in my opinion it is not of the same grandness like JLWDI. Even Cathy A Dancing Rythm is better. My favorite is still All Around the World.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "dagobert"My favorite is still All Around the World.

Mine too, I love that song.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Anthony

Quote from: "pussinboots"Treat every day like a theatrical performance, the parade as the first-act finale and Dreams as act 2.
I love this idea.

I liked "All Around the World" too but it always feels quite lightweight and lacking in drama, which was odd for ImagiNations with its enormous floats. It somehow managed to make that parade feel small and unimportant - at least when they had switched to playing the song on a continuous loop, rather than the lovely individual float scores (were those ever used? I saw the parade in Summer 2000 and already they just stuck the song on repeat).

We do at least have Fantillusion for a great example of a parade score.

pussinboots

The Cinema Parade over at the Studios had a great score as well. Much better than any daytime parade at the Disneyland Park in its 20-year history, I think. Come to think of it, has there ever been a daytime parade there that's had a score that was was neither a mere medley nor Europop? Hmm.

Lorum

I completely agree. Disney Cinema Parade had a great soundtrack. Official native voice actors for the characters and the like.

Quote from: "pussinboots"Yes, so do I. What an anniversary like this (bound to last at least three years) needs is a full-blown soundtrack, properly orchestrated, not "a song" that will surely send the Cast Members who have to listen to it twenty times a day to the brink of insanity. A score, that would have been nice. Treat every day like a theatrical performance, the parade as the first-act finale and Dreams as act 2. The character train is a motif that returns every ten minutes, like Wicked's "Something Incredible." I could see it now.

Kids still love "Under the Sea." People still attend musicals. Movies are still scored. So I don't understand whose bright idea it was that Disney's in-park entertainment now has to sound like a German yoghurt commercial.

Splendid, from start to finish.

Quote from: "Anthony"I liked "All Around the World" too but it always feels quite lightweight and lacking in drama, which was odd for ImagiNations with its enormous floats. It somehow managed to make that parade feel small and unimportant - at least when they had switched to playing the song on a continuous loop, rather than the lovely individual float scores (were those ever used? I saw the parade in Summer 2000 and already they just stuck the song on repeat).

We do at least have Fantillusion for a great example of a parade score.

Exactly.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

pussinboots

(I just realized I confused Wicked's "Unlimited" with its "Book of Mormon" spoof version, but ah well. Not that I'm obsessed with that show or anything, rest assured.)

The ImagiNations parade did originally have a great, if slightly incoherent soundtrack. Great parade, too. What a cruel fate it did meet. No idea why, frankly. I suppose crowds didn't love it as much as they'd hoped, and this must have been the moment they realized it was far easier just to put a pop song on repeat and get people clapping like idiiii—eh, get them clapping.

littlemermaid83

So will the song be on repeat with nothing else in between each float?

They can't possible fob us off with that, I don't mind the song but I want a whole parade score with the new song played during a show stop.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

alternativerock123

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"So will the song be on repeat with nothing else in between each float?

They can't possible fob us off with that, I don't mind the song but I want a whole parade score with the new song played during a show stop.
[/size]

I highly doubt they would play the same song for each float (god forbid if they do!) But I think it's just going to be like it used to - Magic Everywhere is the new Just like we dreamed it.
Knowing the way DLRP is going, I won't be shocked if they keep the same score they have now for each float, just with a few changes because of the new float/s and rearrangement of them.

If not, like I said, god forbid, I like the song, just not for 20-30 minutes.

BUT! Then again this could just be a snippet of the show-stop song and the same tune might continue throughout the parade like Soundsational and other parades.
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

dlrpkris

I'm of the feeling that the music will actually be repeated all the way through :S Any word on character dialogue being used for the parade, since we're talking about it?
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

GrantR

According to rumors that have so far been true, this will simply be the main theme of the soundtrack, with variations of it for each float. I have a gut feeling that this parade is going to be amazing. Everyone else is doubting this, but I really think they're going to pull it off. I'm pretty sure we can erase all speculation of the track being looped. No one would even dare do that anymore :P

Anthony

The 20th Anniversary audio press kit published today (normally just various random sound effects) surprisingly includes two full versions of the song, so here they are! A "Song Version", which I presume and hope will be available to actually buy as a CD single (or even a download?), and a longer 4 minute "Parade Version".

[youtube:g7otuz67]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrAQo9_Qef4[/youtube:g7otuz67]
[youtube:g7otuz67]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99_nk2oY-9E[/youtube:g7otuz67]

norhel

As I said in a another post, it seems like a good song. Like the rhythm of it.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

ed-uk

Thanks for posting, sounds great, can't wait to buy my copy to add to the collection.
Ed & David

Teacup

Really impressed that these are being released so soon. May well buy the CD this year (I always forget).
All we need now is a full music release for Dreams and we're set.
Previous stays
Santa Fe September 1999
Cheyenne November 2002
Sequoia Lodge September 2010
New York July 2011
Magic Circus September 2012

Epcot_Boy

:D/  :D/ Mightily impressed :D/  :D/

David