20th | "Magic Everywhere!" - new theme song

Started by Anthony, February 11, 2012, 06:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lorrig

Honestly, I am seriously underwhelmed. I just don't think it's that strong a melody. I really liked 'Just like we're dreaming' but I just dont feel anything for this one. It's just a bit backgroundy. Hopefully it'll grow on me.

littlemermaid83

Is it sad that I went to bed last night singing "yeah yeah yeah, celebrate the magic"?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

aliscrapper

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Is it sad that I went to bed last night singing "yeah yeah yeah, celebrate the magic"?

Not at all - I've been going around singing the same - DH thinks it's hilarious! :D/

Lorum

I don't like the music so much, but I woke up today singing "Come step inside this storybook".
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

aliscrapper

I didn't like "Just Like We Dreamed It" when I first heard it as it wasn't "Dancing a Catchy Rhythm"; but after seeing the Just Like We Dreamed It parade several times; the words got totally stuck in my head!  Have a feeling it may be the same with the new music???

dagobert

Until now I'm heavily disappointed by that song. Hopefully it's better when seeing the parade.

Lorum

Better quality Magic Everywhere! theme song.

[youtube:340yu9le]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O8yR3fOvmQ[/youtube:340yu9le]

Anthony

It will no doubt be a very popular song and work well to liven up the parade route (I can tell from their meddling with parade stops DLP feel the current score is a little too placid), but it's already beginning to grate on me a little with that massively stretched-out "everywheeeeeeeere" and the terrible vocals. There's absolutely no personality to them, stripped and reformulated to within an inch of their life. It seems more like the kind of high-energy, zero-soul Tokyo Disneyland-ish song we'd have for the character train. Though it is entirely what I expected.

Intrigued to see how it's actually used in the parade now...

Scissorsboi

I like it, it's not as magical feeling as Just Like We Dreamed It was, but it's definately got a party/celebration feel to it. I think the Steps comparisons are pretty accurate!

I'd imagine it'd come back and be used like how JLWDI was used in the parade for show stops, I particularly can see a return of the streamers on the final note!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

andrewuk

As I said on DLRP Today, it is in my opinion a very poor song, especially when compared to its predecessors. I hope that they use it sparingly, I suspect that I will be going round and round on POTC when the parade is on. :x  A shame considering some of the great music around the park too.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

dlrpkris

If they get the pacing and choreography of the parade right, it will sound great. I for one love it. It's not magical at all, it's party-ish. But I also loved It's Party Time...
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

GrantR

I think too many people are judging by this low-quality recording!

Also, I maintain that the song, while not as beautiful as JLWDI, is going to allow for tight choreography and exciting dance sequences, that OUADP only showed off fully in its original showstop. I can see the resemblance of this track to the music from Tokyo, but I am happy that we still keep an up to date, pop-style track that's in keeping with the "magic" theming of the parade and Disney itself, rather than a really dated sounding chorally-led piece. We also have rather good lyrics again, considering it is a simple song to work with. Eat that, TDL.  

Even though the recording is not all that good and that the track is really quite simple, I have a feeling that the song has been produced really well, and it will sound amazing during performances. This song is so vital to restoring the energy and excitement OUADP lost slowly as showstops were changed.

Of course, I understand this is totally down to opinion. Rant over. ;)

Columbiad

I just don't understand Disney's inclination to keep making cheesy, poppy, dancey sort of songs, when Disney is renowned for some award-winning music. Instead of having something that sounds like Steps or S Club 7, why not have a classic sounding, Menken-esque song, still upbeat and able to be danced to, but with a far more "magic" feel, rather than "Dancing A Catchy Rythym or "Magic Everywhere," that sounds so much like the auto-tuned tween-pop that's churned out left, right and centre.

Thats my thoughts. I though JLWDI was a step forward, with some great lyrics, but Magic Everywhere! is a definite half-step back.

Lorum

I agree.

pussinboots

Yes, so do I. What an anniversary like this (bound to last at least three years) needs is a full-blown soundtrack, properly orchestrated, not "a song" that will surely send the Cast Members who have to listen to it twenty times a day to the brink of insanity. A score, that would have been nice. Treat every day like a theatrical performance, the parade as the first-act finale and Dreams as act 2. The character train is a motif that returns every ten minutes, like Wicked's "Something Incredible." I could see it now.

Kids still love "Under the Sea." People still attend musicals. Movies are still scored. So I don't understand whose bright idea it was that Disney's in-park entertainment now has to sound like a German yoghurt commercial.