Make Crush's Coaster FASTPASS only

Started by mattsteveal, September 01, 2011, 11:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattsteveal

I'm sure i remember, in the early days of fastpass, that when the machines broke down CM's would hand out the fastpass tickets themselves.. so i don't think that would be much of a problem.

Also i wouldn't have the time slots as just one hour i'd make it a 3 hour window and as there wouldn't be a regular queue there would be alot more tickets available

DutchBrit

Quote from: "mattsteveal"Also i wouldn't have the time slots as just one hour i'd make it a 3 hour window and as there wouldn't be a regular queue there would be alot more tickets available

So there would be a potential 3 hour queue? How is that helping? If they did this, they would have to break the hour timeslots down, not make them longer. That would be the only point of doing it at all: so that people could feel that they would have virtually no wait at all if they turn up at the time specified. You are looking to gain MORE control about when people come and in what numbers.

DopeyDad

The thing is the ride only has a certain (low) capacity. queuing systems won't change how many people get on, just whether they are in a real or virtual queue of some sort. A virtual queue is good if you want them spending time and money in shops and restaurants maybe, but otherwise you're just bumping people from one queue to another.
In a way a simple queue is the fairest means and as long as the queue time is displayed people will choose whether its worth their time or not.
As for adding another Crush, if the issue is in fact that its capacity is rather low, then I'm not sure it would make sense to build another one. The build and operating costs would be the same again and the park might benefit more from a real high capacity attraction.

Pete's Dragon

Its a pity they didnt realise that capacity was going to be an issue, they could have built 2 intertwining tracks. Now that would have made for an interesting experience

sven

That would have been great, but with huge costs because of the custom layout. Crush's Coaster is a standard layout in the real coaster-part, only changes are station, mini-drop, darkride-part.

Josh

What they should do is give it one of those interactive queues like in WDW. That would probably make a big difference for people. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

johnd331

While standing in line to see the show last Sunday I came up with the following idea:

They should close the queue open up a pub instead. You enter the pub, pull your number from one of that number dispenser thingies and wait until they call your number... Bingo! While waiting you can have a drink at the bar and chill out a bit. :)

sebassah

Quote from: "Meph"What they should do is give it one of those interactive queues like in WDW. That would probably make a big difference for people. :)

So so true! An interactive que would make the wait time so much more better.